January Jellybeans 2013!...

I have my first scan on Friday. I booked it over a week ago, originally for Thursday but OH couldn't make it because of a work meeting so I moved it to the only space they had on Friday. I couldn't move it out any further than that as my midwife told me to have it asap to confirm dates and as it was this was the soonest they could get me in as they're booked up solid at least 10 days ahead all the time. I'll be 8.5 weeks according to LMP on Friday and I'm due for my next scan at 12 weeks so need this one now. My MW thinks I may be further along than 8 weeks or having more than one (see my pic on the bump thread I'm pretty big for 8 weeks).
When I booked it OH said he had another meeting also on the Friday but would try and get it moved because there was no way he was going to miss our first ultrasound.
Last night he came home and said he can't move it and his boss and business manager can't make it as they'll be away so it's up to him to go to the meeting as it can't be missed. Basically if he pulls out of this meeting his boss will pitch a fit and we are dependent on his income.
Which means I have to go to the ultrasound on my own :nope: My friends all work during the day and I have no family in town. I'm so scared that if something is wrong I'll be all alone, I haven't had an us before with this pregnancy, I haven't even had blood tests. I'm trying to stay positive but I feel sick about it. Even if everything is all ok I wanted to share it with him :nope: When he told me I put on a brave face but of course my hormones wanted to make me cry but I fought it.

I have my first scan on Friday. I booked it over a week ago, originally for Thursday but OH couldn't make it because of a work meeting so I moved it to the only space they had on Friday. I couldn't move it out any further than that as my midwife told me to have it asap to confirm dates and as it was this was the soonest they could get me in as they're booked up solid at least 10 days ahead all the time. I'll be 8.5 weeks according to LMP on Friday and I'm due for my next scan at 12 weeks so need this one now. My MW thinks I may be further along than 8 weeks or having more than one (see my pic on the bump thread I'm pretty big for 8 weeks).
When I booked it OH said he had another meeting also on the Friday but would try and get it moved because there was no way he was going to miss our first ultrasound.
Last night he came home and said he can't move it and his boss and business manager can't make it as they'll be away so it's up to him to go to the meeting as it can't be missed. Basically if he pulls out of this meeting his boss will pitch a fit and we are dependent on his income.
Which means I have to go to the ultrasound on my own :nope: My friends all work during the day and I have no family in town. I'm so scared that if something is wrong I'll be all alone, I haven't had an us before with this pregnancy, I haven't even had blood tests. I'm trying to stay positive but I feel sick about it. Even if everything is all ok I wanted to share it with him :nope: When he told me I put on a brave face but of course my hormones wanted to make me cry but I fought it.

We will all be there in spirit with you!!! Very excited to hear the results. Think positive thoughts!:hugs:

Where is the thread with the pic?

On the first trimester bump thread

:dohh: I looked right over it!! What a cute little bump. Do you have a history of twins?

:dohh: I looked right over it!! What a cute little bump. Do you have a history of twins?

Thank you! Yes on my mothers side there are at least two sets of twins we know of but we're not sure if there have been more as the family aren't close. My HCG hasn't been tested so I have no idea whether that is high or not although when I got my bfp the day af was due it was a big dark line as soon as I took it.
I'm hoping the belly is just because its my 3rd baby, I really don't need twins! DH informed me his older children were all at least 9 or 10lb when born so it could just be a big one. Yikes. I told him I could have done without that information :wacko:

Thank you! Yes on my mothers side there are at least two sets of twins we know of but we're not sure if there have been more as the family aren't close. My HCG hasn't been tested so I have no idea whether that is high or not although when I got my bfp the day af was due it was a big dark line as soon as I took it.
I'm hoping the belly is just because its my 3rd baby, I really don't need twins! DH informed me his older children were all at least 9 or 10lb when born so it could just be a big one. Yikes. I told him I could have done without that information :wacko:

BIG BABIES!! wow! Maybe it is just 3rd babyness. lol!

darkstar - saw your bump - maybe you are farther along........jeez that sucks about hubby......hugz!

We are back, we saw a beautiful baby on screen! First time they measured was 9 weeks, and second was 8+6, so I'm sticking with the one I already had! HB at 175 bpm! I have a couple of pictures but they are not as good as what we were able to see on screen. Baby even wiggled some for us! It's such an awesome feeling!

Attachments

• 100_15991.jpg
    100_15991.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 16
My scan went great! Baby was moving around so much it was hard to measure but we were able to see fingers and toes! I'm so relieved now.:happydance:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 17
We are back, we saw a beautiful baby on screen! First time they measured was 9 weeks, and second was 8+6, so I'm sticking with the one I already had! HB at 175 bpm! I have a couple of pictures but they are not as good as what we were able to see on screen. Baby even wiggled some for us! It's such an awesome feeling!

That's great, congratulations! Must be lovely to finally see that your little baby is doing good in there. I can't wait to have that reassurance.

Great news! So glad your scan went well!

Great news! So glad your scan went well!

I'm glad yours went well too! You got such cool, clear pictures!

The scan pics really blow me away! So wonderful to see that! Glad all is going well!! HUGGLES!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->