January Jellybeans 2013!...

I am definitely finding out the sex! I'm just sad i can't find out now :haha: I'm gonna go crazy shopping when i know what we're having, i just know it.

Is anyone else not going to find out the babies sex? I did with ds, but don't want to this time. This will prob be our last, so I want the surprise! Plus dh is desperate for it to be a girl, and if we found out it was another boy at a scan, I don't think he could hide the disappointment. I hope that by waiting til the birth, he won't care as much.

I don't want to find out the sex because I want to put all the emphasis on it just being healthy and its not important to me which gender it is, but my husband wants to know, so we're finding out. I told him next time around, we're not, but have agreed to find out the gender of this baby. He says if we find out the gender it'll be easier for me to have a baby shower and that way we only have to pick out one name. Although, he isn't too happy about me saying we're not going to find out the gender with the next one, lol.

I keep dreaming I'm having a baby boy and I can only think of one name I like and its a boy name. Any of you have a gut feeling about your baby's gender? My doctor tells me most of the time mother's intuition is correct. I would love to have a girl or a boy, so I'm not fixating on having a boy or anything, I just keep dreaming it.

I had an amazing time in my 20's and didn't think about having children for one minute, in fact I used to flinch at people who did and think I'm so glad that's not me and im free!!! Omg I have changed now!! All my friends have just started having children in their early 30's so I feel like I will fit in etc. Everyone's different tho some people really want children earlier it just depends on the person I think. I am completely different person now to how I was as a teenager and in my early, mid twenties and I cannot imagine bringing up children with an of my exes!! Omg no! I have been with my hubs 8 years and married for 4 so we have security and I don't have to work when I have the baby so all is good. Cannot imagine having a child at 16 etc..

hubby and i want to find out this sex for our first, but the rest of our children we want to have it be a suprise.

I keep calling our baby a HE bc i feel like its going to be a boy. But either way we wont care bc we just want the baby happy and healthy :baby::hugs:

Little j I feel like I'm having a boy too but we've decided not to find out! :yellow:

here is my precious little bean!!!

measuring 7weeks1day heartbeat 149

im thinking very calm little girl!!! lol

Attachments

• baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 47
My gut feeling says "boy". This is #4 and my gut feeling with my other 3 all proved right (girl, boy, girl). I'm not too bothered about finding out the sex but hubby wants to.

We will be finding out, hubby would prefer a boy, me a girl I think but we are over the moon either way x

Glad the scan went well mammaspath x

here is my precious little bean!!!

measuring 7weeks1day heartbeat 149

im thinking very calm little girl!!! lol

congrats hun! Thats crazy they didnt see anything at your last scan.... talk about making you scared!

glad it all turned out well :happydance:

I'm a prune today!!!!! :happydance:

I think the homebirth cost in Aus is similar actually but like i said hospitals are free. I know the public health system doesn't cover ambulances though and that cost really ranges but it's at least $800... but you can join an ambulance fund for lie $50 a year which would then make it free, me and hubby will finally get around to joining one this year.

La Mere, i would still love you to post on here about your planned way of birthing, i do find it very interesting. I was merely giving my opinion on home births. But that doesn't mean that if you were to continue to discuss it that i would shut you down or argue or anything and spend the whole time contradicting you. Which is why i didn't bother posting facts and statistics because then it just becomes this big argument where we're just throwing facts at each other back and forth until no one is happy.

Doesn't look like we have many home birthers on the thread so of course it doesn't look like you'll have many people to discuss it with. But by all means let us know how your planning is going, i can only speak for myself but i am still happy to hear all about it. It's good to have a variety on one thread.

You said you were unhappy with your midwife last time yes? is it not the same midwife you see throughout your pregnancy? Can you not shop around for midwives during your pregnancy and then choose one that you're happy with? or is it more like you call the organisation on the day and they send whoever is available out to you. Did you say she brought along her 2 sisters with her? as WELL as 2 assistants? that seems rather unnecessary. My hospital midwives told me that the usually only limit the amount of people in a room because it turns into a circus/party otherwise. I'm surprised a midwife would want so many people in a room as we all know midwives are more home/calm centred.

<3 <3 <3

Thank you, Betheney! I really appreciate that.:flower: Well, she was my second midwife since I moved mid-pregnancy. But she did all my prenatal care, and attended the birth. Her two sisters were training to train to be midwives, so I can kinda understand why she brought them... But I was not expecting that many people. I had been more expecting her and at most both of her assistants. Plus, OH and my mom.. It just became to overwhelming for me with some many people around so it made me uncomfortable which led to my long labor, I think anyway... I've read so many stories of home birth and natural hospital births, that said it was so much easier :)haha:) when they were as comfortable as can be and relaxed.

Betheney - if you want some very hard facts about US health care you should watch "sicko" by Michael Moore it's a documentary about it. Very scary and makes me happy to live in canada!!

La Mere - I also would love to hear about your birth plan as it progresses!! I don't think home birth is for me but I'm very interested. I obviously won't have much input but would love to hear about your journey. I hope you will share some with us.

Thanks, fingersxxd!! I will.:flower:

Great news about the scan mammas path :cloud9: you were only 5 weeks ish last scan weren't you? Way too early to see anything other than the sac at that point.. Some get lucky and see a yolk sac but that's usually at 5.4 onwards.

Yay for your scan mamaspath!! So cute! I'm glad everything went just fine.

We are finding out the sex. I've never thought about waiting. The not knowing would drive me insane and I like to personalize things a bit more depending on what we are having. I like to do the little things in the nursery and pick clothes out that would be baby specific.

I think the homebirth cost in Aus is similar actually but like i said hospitals are free. I know the public health system doesn't cover ambulances though and that cost really ranges but it's at least $800... but you can join an ambulance fund for lie $50 a year which would then make it free, me and hubby will finally get around to joining one this year.

La Mere, i would still love you to post on here about your planned way of birthing, i do find it very interesting. I was merely giving my opinion on home births. But that doesn't mean that if you were to continue to discuss it that i would shut you down or argue or anything and spend the whole time contradicting you. Which is why i didn't bother posting facts and statistics because then it just becomes this big argument where we're just throwing facts at each other back and forth until no one is happy.

Doesn't look like we have many home birthers on the thread so of course it doesn't look like you'll have many people to discuss it with. But by all means let us know how your planning is going, i can only speak for myself but i am still happy to hear all about it. It's good to have a variety on one thread.

You said you were unhappy with your midwife last time yes? is it not the same midwife you see throughout your pregnancy? Can you not shop around for midwives during your pregnancy and then choose one that you're happy with? or is it more like you call the organisation on the day and they send whoever is available out to you. Did you say she brought along her 2 sisters with her? as WELL as 2 assistants? that seems rather unnecessary. My hospital midwives told me that the usually only limit the amount of people in a room because it turns into a circus/party otherwise. I'm surprised a midwife would want so many people in a room as we all know midwives are more home/calm centred.

<3 <3 <3

Thank you, Betheney! I really appreciate that.:flower: Well, she was my second midwife since I moved mid-pregnancy. But she did all my prenatal care, and attended the birth. Her two sisters were training to train to be midwives, so I can kinda understand why she brought them... But I was not expecting that many people. I had been more expecting her and at most both of her assistants. Plus, OH and my mom.. It just became to overwhelming for me with some many people around so it made me uncomfortable which led to my long labor, I think anyway... I've read so many stories of home birth and natural hospital births, that said it was so much easier :)haha:) when they were as comfortable as can be and relaxed.

Betheney - if you want some very hard facts about US health care you should watch "sicko" by Michael Moore it's a documentary about it. Very scary and makes me happy to live in canada!!

La Mere - I also would love to hear about your birth plan as it progresses!! I don't think home birth is for me but I'm very interested. I obviously won't have much input but would love to hear about your journey. I hope you will share some with us.

Thanks, fingersxxd!! I will.:flower:

I think being relaxed has so much to do with it. No matter where you are. We were in the hospital all day and everybody under the sun kept coming in and out of our room and I never could rest. DH and I have talked about this time maybe not calling everyone to let them know until after the baby is born. We were overwhelmed with people and while during the delivery it was only my husband and the midwife and nurse, the crowd outside waiting was too much. It was too much after giving birth too. People were there forever and I needed sleep.

When I watched some of the birth programmes set in the us, I'm amazed at how many people some of them have in. In the UK, I think the limit allowed is normally 2.

Beautiful scan, mammaspath!!

I don't plan to find out the gender of the baby! I have one of each and all I want is a healthy, full term baby. Plus it'll be kind of fun driving everyone crazy with the suspense!

Even when i know the gender i'm not going to tell everyone, some people will have to wait until baby gets here to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->