January Jellybeans 2013!...

3 more days and I will be 13 weeks! I am so very excited!!! :happydance:

Yesterday I went out and bought 2 maternity shirts that are somewhat form fitting ... since I seem to actually have a bump this time and not what looks like a lump of fat, I am SO showing it off! I also bought 2 pair of shorter leggings .. They will be cute with the shirts!

We also went to babies r us yesterday and did another registry ... I went in to do it because you get a gift bag full of free stuff! Gotta love free stuff! I did have a scary moment there yesterday though .... we were walking around and all of a sudden I became burning hot and sick to my stomach ... I was rushing to the bathroom and nearly fainted. Not sure what happened. I never did get sick but did have to sit down for a little bit. :shrug: All these dizzy/lightheaded spells are driving me insane. I am hoping that once the second trimester sets in, all these crazy symptoms will disappear. :wacko:

I saw my baby at 10+6 with my OB, but I get an NT scan today, so I get to see the baby again! Yay! Lol. I did the blood draw for down syndrome, but I opted for the more accurate one where they'll draw it again in the second trimester and then I get the results. I was only offered an NT scan because I'm epileptic, so they are making me jump through hoops and see all kinds of doctors. Its actually beginning to piss me off because I'm not giving in and taking medication, and there is nothing wrong with my baby, but I'm trying to focus on the positive like... I get to see my baby today!

Yesterday I went out and bought 2 maternity shirts that are somewhat form fitting ... since I seem to actually have a bump this time and not what looks like a lump of fat, I am SO showing it off! I also bought 2 pair of shorter leggings .. They will be cute with the shirts!

We also went to babies r us yesterday and did another registry ... I went in to do it because you get a gift bag full of free stuff! Gotta love free stuff! I did have a scary moment there yesterday though .... we were walking around and all of a sudden I became burning hot and sick to my stomach ... I was rushing to the bathroom and nearly fainted. Not sure what happened. I never did get sick but did have to sit down for a little bit. :shrug: All these dizzy/lightheaded spells are driving me insane. I am hoping that once the second trimester sets in, all these crazy symptoms will disappear. :wacko:

My hubby and i were just talking about registering and i have noooo clue where to begin!

My hubby and i were just talking about registering and i have noooo clue where to begin!

When you go, scan everything!! Babies R Us gave us a list of things we may need (since this is the second time around we already know) but we scanned so much stuff! Some just for the fun of it!!

I preemptively went shopping a few days ago and got some clothes that are MUCH more comfortable! It was SO worth it. Also got a shirt I will wear to announce that says "Carrying Precious Cargo" with a lil stork.

Anyone announce now? When did/ do u plan to?

You can also make them online at different stores. I liked that option too because a lot of times there are more options online than in stores so you get a bigger selection.

I preemptively went shopping a few days ago and got some clothes that are MUCH more comfortable! It was SO worth it. Also got a shirt I will wear to announce that says "Carrying Precious Cargo" with a lil stork.

We announced right away to close family and close friends. We waited to announce on facebook to our other friends once we went to the first doctor visit.

we announced it last weekend to our family and close friends... and of course it spread like wildfire. We arent telling anyone else unless they come up and ask us or congratulate us. We figured at this point people were already speculating and it started becoming a rediculous game of lieing and trying to cover things up, it was more stressful on me than needed and so once we saw the HB we felt alot better and figured whatever happens happens from here on out....and our friends and family will understand

our parents and grandparents couldnt understand why we even wanted to wait until we saw a hearbeat to tell people, they never heard/thought about MC happening they always thought it was super rare, so they thought once u missed a period and got a + HPT that it was a 100% for sure thing.

We had to explain to them that it actually happens more than ppl know....

We announced to close family right away and told everyone else at 12wks

Hi ladies, dreamt last night that baby was here and it was a girl and I had so many cute dresses to put her in! :haha: all the chinese charts say girl too but I feel like its a boy and so does DH so who knows? Guess we'll find out soon enough. Also I did the baking soda test and didn't get even a single bubble.

so another lady pointed this show out to me. It was aired on the discovery channel the series Curiosity: Life before birth

if you google "Curiosity: life before birth free" you can watch the FULL episode and its pretty amazing. it starts with conception and on thru with birth. They even have probes in the womb to show the baby and each step to see what they actually look like!

The discovery channel website only has small clips.... but if u google for the free full episode you can find it, we did on some website and hubby and i watched it together... it was about 45 min long. Courtney Cox narrated!

Honestly, amazing show... cant beleive how hard it is to get baby, such a miracle!

I wonder when I'll start to look pregnant? Still just look like I overate a bit.

I'm being sent for a blood test for mine, I don't think there is a scan involved... Apparently it's different in Canada.....

Some places do just a scan some do just the bloods. Then some places (like my doctor) do both and combine the results for a more accurate reading.

I do recall a friend saying that in her country they say the DS test is better done at 16ish weeks and it's weird they do them at 12w here. Lol I think all places have theirown way of doing things.

I wouldn't terminate either but bugger it if i'm going to wait till 20 weeks to see my baby. I loved my 12 week scan last time. It was a very magical moment for me and Hubby. I also wait till after the 12week scan to announce anything.

so another lady pointed this show out to me. It was aired on the discovery channel the series Curiosity: Life before birth

if you google "Curiosity: life before birth free" you can watch the FULL episode and its pretty amazing. it starts with conception and on thru with birth. They even have probes in the womb to show the baby and each step to see what they actually look like!

The discovery channel website only has small clips.... but if u google for the free full episode you can find it, we did on some website and hubby and i watched it together... it was about 45 min long. Courtney Cox narrated!

Honestly, amazing show... cant beleive how hard it is to get baby, such a miracle!

I looked around and couldn't find anywhere to watch the whole thing for free. It looks interesting though! I'll keep searching.

I liked the bit where they played music for baby to listen to and did a 4d scan at the same time. The faces the babies pulled were so cute!

I looked around and couldn't find anywhere to watch the whole thing for free. It looks interesting though! I'll keep searching.

i forgot which website actually played it in full for free.... i know if u keep googling for it, itll pop in atleast one of them. It is quite neat!

I liked the bit where they played music for baby to listen to and did a 4d scan at the same time. The faces the babies pulled were so cute!

i know! that was so cool! its crazy how they show their emotion when they dislike or like a certain noise :flower:

I would never consider terminating either. I have one test for after 11 weeks, the other is after 14 weeks I believe.... Kinda odd the way they do it in each place, you would think it would be the same. No idea about another ultrasound, seems like 8 weeks was so long ago! And I know I have to wait until 14+ for the next....

Just got back from my scan!! Baby was great! Heartbeat at 167 and 1 in 10,000 chance of Down syndrome. Next scan is August 20 our 1 year anniversary!

https://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w504/Lauren021406/photo2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->