January Jellybeans 2013!...

I'm having my first scan tomorrow at noon and I can't wait! I have a doppler but haven't been able to find a HB yet :(

I'm having my first scan tomorrow at noon and I can't wait! I have a doppler but haven't been able to find a HB yet :(

goodluck tomorrow hun!

dont worry about the doppler....they say it can be tricky. Thats exactly why i wasnt sure if i wanted to get one bc i dont want to freak myself out but i broke down and did....

I'm not worried by not being able too cos I knew I probably wouldn't be able to :( but it would be nice :haha: Got tomorrow to look forward to anyway :happydance:

It's really difficult, once they do the u/s u will know where LO is and it will make finding him/ her MUCH easier! U have to be patient and use LOTS of u/s gel or u won't hear anything. The u/s will be way better than just using the doppler. :) GL!

I have an OB appointment today.. no scan though. is it wrong that all I can think about is I hope they arent doing a damn pelvic exam? I hate it!!!

thank you verrry much!
yes the scan of babies looks awesome! im happy for u:happydance::happydance::thumbup::flower::hugs:
thanks so much for the compliments Nips!!!

Also i do the post on the first page with the EDD on it and you are still on the first of January underneath Milty

<3 <3 <3

I had to do one at my last appointment when I was 9+6. SO uncomfortable but better to get it done and over with... And of course the doc pulls out a freezing cold instrument.... Brrrr!

I had to do one at my last appointment when I was 9+6. SO uncomfortable but better to get it done and over with... And of course the doc pulls out a freezing cold instrument.... Brrrr!

ohhh you mean a pap smear? I had that at 9 weeks.... I hate not knowing what to expect at appointments. I hope just blood pressure, weight and doppler... and keep my pants on!

LOL, ya! I wish there was a universal list of what to expect at appointments!
I hope to keep pants on until they may actually need to check later in the pregnancy... My doc gave me a literal 30 seconds to whip off my bottoms and jump on the table as she opened the door...
All I know is that for EVERY appointment they will make u do a urine test, and weight - then doc checks blood pressure....
Nobody talks as much about all this stuff....

i never had any internal pelvic exams during my pregnancy with Eva, i think some places do them in third tri but at my doctors they don't do them at all until you're overdue.

LOL, ya! I wish there was a universal list of what to expect at appointments!
I hope to keep pants on until they may actually need to check later in the pregnancy... My doc gave me a literal 30 seconds to whip off my bottoms and jump on the table as she opened the door...
All I know is that for EVERY appointment they will make u do a urine test, and weight - then doc checks blood pressure....
Nobody talks as much about all this stuff....

i will be happy with urine, weight and blood pressure today! Leave my va-jay-jay alone, please!

for my 12 week they are going to try and use a doppler but if they cant find baby then they will do an US. even if they find baby with the doppler im going to ask if i can see anyways with the US bc i wanna see how much the LO grew! i wanna see more features than a blob! :haha:

They had the supplies set out for a PAP at my 8 week scan and i said i had one in November..... and so they said if i didnt get one now then i need to after i deliver the baby (which is fine by me!) i didnt want to have bleeding from the pap bc any blood down there while pregnant freaks me out bc i think somthing is wrong.... but they did just swab the vaignal cavity to make sure i didnt have an infection. Which i had some orangish/pinky discharge for a day but it wasnt much at all

Added a jellybean jar, I just love the banners. Have tonnes of catching up, been busy. Hugs to all x

for my 12 week they are going to try and use a doppler but if they cant find baby then they will do an US. even if they find baby with the doppler im going to ask if i can see anyways with the US bc i wanna see how much the LO grew! i wanna see more features than a blob! :haha:

They had the supplies set out for a PAP at my 8 week scan and i said i had one in November..... and so they said if i didnt get one now then i need to after i deliver the baby (which is fine by me!) i didnt want to have bleeding from the pap bc any blood down there while pregnant freaks me out bc i think somthing is wrong.... but they did just swab the vaignal cavity to make sure i didnt have an infection. Which i had some orangish/pinky discharge for a day but it wasnt much at all

i should have declined the pap at my 9 week appt because I had the WORST bleeding and cramping the next day! It was horrrrrrible!!!!

I soooo wanna see my LO. The only time I saw it was when it was like 9/10 weeks, so it just looked like a bean with nubs! Ughhhh!!!!

I think it is so crazy how every doctor, every state, or every country is different with what they do at appointments during pregnancy. I had my big 12 week scan yesterday which was amazing because baby looked like baby, and they could measure the fluid to check for DS and everything. I go again at 20 weeks for gender, but I see my OB monthly so I am curious what he is going to say next week and maybe ill get to see the baby again before aug 20 because thats to far away!!

I started kind of late with the appointments due to confusion with my health care, but the first time I went in, they just had me pee in a cup to prove I am pregnant. I went back the next day to fill out paperwork and have my blood drawn, and I think another urine test. A couple days after that, they had me meet with a nurse for a more detailed medical history. Then, I had my first OB at 10 weeks 6 days, which was a breast exam, pelvic exam, and a vaginal ultrasound, none of which I have to do again. I didn't bleed at all after the pap smear, but my OB told me it was very likely. It seems wrong to give one so early in pregnancy if its likely to cause cramping and bleeding when we are all already on the paranoid lookout for that stuff.

I started kind of late with the appointments due to confusion with my health care, but the first time I went in, they just had me pee in a cup to prove I am pregnant. I went back the next day to fill out paperwork and have my blood drawn, and I think another urine test. A couple days after that, they had me meet with a nurse for a more detailed medical history. Then, I had my first OB at 10 weeks 6 days, which was a breast exam, pelvic exam, and a vaginal ultrasound, none of which I have to do again. I didn't bleed at all after the pap smear, but my OB told me it was very likely. It seems wrong to give one so early in pregnancy if its likely to cause cramping and bleeding when we are all already on the paranoid lookout for that stuff.

hmm... see, i already had the pelvic exam, bloodwork, breast exam and vaginal ultrasound and pap smear... guess I just have to wait and find out today what this appt entails! I just hate not knowing things!

i should have declined the pap at my 9 week appt because I had the WORST bleeding and cramping the next day! It was horrrrrrible!!!!

I soooo wanna see my LO. The only time I saw it was when it was like 9/10 weeks, so it just looked like a bean with nubs! Ughhhh!!!!

thats exactly why i refused if i was possible.... bc i know its very sensitive down there when ur preggers and i didnt want that extra stress even tho i would know why i was bleeding if i did

hmm... see, i already had the pelvic exam, bloodwork, breast exam and vaginal ultrasound and pap smear... guess I just have to wait and find out today what this appt entails! I just hate not knowing things!

at my 8 week, they did bloodwork, pelvic exam, "pap", breast exam, physical exam (just check my lungs etc..), US

I have to go every 4 weeks until im 32 weeks then from there every 2 weeks until the last month which then i go every week. I only get US at the 8 week and the 20 week which the 20 week is for gender and to check for abnormalities. The other apts i get a doppler check just to make sure baby is doing well. The Dr. said she would only do other US's if she thought the baby was in a compromising position or she cant figure out which way he is...

at my 8 week, they did bloodwork, pelvic exam, "pap", breast exam, physical exam (just check my lungs etc..), US

I have to go every 4 weeks until im 32 weeks then from there every 2 weeks until the last month which then i go every week. I only get US at the 8 week and the 20 week which the 20 week is for gender and to check for abnormalities. The other apts i get a doppler check just to make sure baby is doing well. The Dr. said she would only do other US's if she thought the baby was in a compromising position or she cant figure out which way he is...

OK. I think that is gonna be my schedule too. THanks for the info! I guess I should have asked more questions when I was there last time! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->