January Jellybeans 2013!...

I started kind of late with the appointments due to confusion with my health care, but the first time I went in, they just had me pee in a cup to prove I am pregnant. I went back the next day to fill out paperwork and have my blood drawn, and I think another urine test. A couple days after that, they had me meet with a nurse for a more detailed medical history. Then, I had my first OB at 10 weeks 6 days, which was a breast exam, pelvic exam, and a vaginal ultrasound, none of which I have to do again. I didn't bleed at all after the pap smear, but my OB told me it was very likely. It seems wrong to give one so early in pregnancy if its likely to cause cramping and bleeding when we are all already on the paranoid lookout for that stuff.

hmm... see, i already had the pelvic exam, bloodwork, breast exam and vaginal ultrasound and pap smear... guess I just have to wait and find out today what this appt entails! I just hate not knowing things!

at my 8 week, they did bloodwork, pelvic exam, "pap", breast exam, physical exam (just check my lungs etc..), US

I have to go every 4 weeks until im 32 weeks then from there every 2 weeks until the last month which then i go every week. I only get US at the 8 week and the 20 week which the 20 week is for gender and to check for abnormalities. The other apts i get a doppler check just to make sure baby is doing well. The Dr. said she would only do other US's if she thought the baby was in a compromising position or she cant figure out which way he is...

OK. I think that is gonna be my schedule too. THanks for the info! I guess I should have asked more questions when I was there last time! haha

i had a ton of ?'s and of course i forgot to ask most of them bc i was such in shock after seeing the LO with a nice heartbeat :baby::happydance:

i had a ton of ?'s and of course i forgot to ask most of them bc i was such in shock after seeing the LO with a nice heartbeat :baby::happydance:

I think thats what happened to me! I was just soooo relieved that there was a healthy baby growing that my mind went blank!

Im sure we don't have smears when pregnant here, but you have it after baby is born if your overdue.

Our ds test used to be just a blood test but now they do measurements with a scan too. Sorry I hope this doesn't offend people, but we have agreed that we will terminate if we have a ds.

Hi Ladies.

Well my scan was amazing! Baby measuring slightly ahead so have been moved to edd jan 2. Heart beat was nice and strong and they did the fluid on neck test for DS, which came in at 1.9mm, had bloods done as they combine the two together. Done another urine sample due to uti which is still there, thought it had gone :(

Next scan is 22 August. Baby was jumping all over the place, wouldn't keep still and the Sonographer kept laughing and then jiggling my tummy to get baby to move. Got good views front back legs arms and face, all looked normal. I'll post a pic when online properly.

Xxx

In the uk they don't pap smear whilst pregnant, I had one routinely the month before we fell and the nurse said if you cervix is blue I'm coming straight out. We also get a leaflet, well I did, about what happens at each appointment - I guess it's more of a general guide and may change dependant upon mum

I thought my ms had gone but oh no, there it was his morning right outside babies r us, in full force! I was sick about 10 times. So embarassing

Im sure we don't have smears when pregnant here, but you have it after baby is born if your overdue.

Our ds test used to be just a blood test but now they do measurements with a scan too. Sorry I hope this doesn't offend people, but we have agreed that we will terminate if we have a ds.

hubby i think would want to terminate if our LO came up with a syndrome...i still would have to be in the situation to make a decision. Either way, its a hard decision to make....

Sonia- Congrats on the great scan! WAHOO! thats awesome baby was moving around alot. i hope my LO is as active at my 12 week!

Have any of you girls got any round ligament pain yet? Like very uncomfortable stretching feelings and sharp pains? They're taking my breath away and I'm having to sit / lie down!

Congratulations Sonia! :cloud9:

I started kind of late with the appointments due to confusion with my health care, but the first time I went in, they just had me pee in a cup to prove I am pregnant. I went back the next day to fill out paperwork and have my blood drawn, and I think another urine test. A couple days after that, they had me meet with a nurse for a more detailed medical history. Then, I had my first OB at 10 weeks 6 days, which was a breast exam, pelvic exam, and a vaginal ultrasound, none of which I have to do again. I didn't bleed at all after the pap smear, but my OB told me it was very likely. It seems wrong to give one so early in pregnancy if its likely to cause cramping and bleeding when we are all already on the paranoid lookout for that stuff.

hmm... see, i already had the pelvic exam, bloodwork, breast exam and vaginal ultrasound and pap smear... guess I just have to wait and find out today what this appt entails! I just hate not knowing things!

It should be a quick appointment, mine is tomorrow, and I think they're just checking blood pressure, a urine sample. Ask me how I'm feeling if all is ok, etc. Then for me I know they're scheduling me for my Gestational diabetes testing because I had it last pregnancy. And as a pp said it'll be a "basic" check up every four weeks (unless a complication arises) until 32-34. Then it's every other week and starting every week for the last 4weeks. I don't think there's any reason for them to have you remove your pants :haha: until the maybe the last 4weeks. And with my dr it was up to me if I wanted him to check to see if I'd dilated any. :flower:

I usually forget everything I'd wanted to ask at my appointment too, but I started making a little list in between appointments of all my questions and concerns, so I'd remember to ask.

Have any of you girls got any round ligament pain yet? Like very uncomfortable stretching feelings and sharp pains? They're taking my breath away and I'm having to sit / lie down!

Congratulations Sonia! :cloud9:

yes, i had made a comment about this a week or 2 ago.... at first i was concerned but found out its just round ligament pain which is caused by the stretching of the uterus etc.

Mine were always on the sides, like a sharp cramp but it would go away in a matter of seconds. I only noticed it when i would roll over in bed or get up from a sitting position sometimes..... i dont feel them as much now tho

hubby i think would want to terminate if our LO came up with a syndrome...i still would have to be in the situation to make a decision. Either way, its a hard decision to make....

Sonia- Congrats on the great scan! WAHOO! thats awesome baby was moving around alot. i hope my LO is as active at my 12 week!

Drink some orange juice before your scan, the sugar rush gets the baby moving.. :haha:

Drink some orange juice before your scan, the sugar rush gets the baby moving.. :haha:

good to know :winkwink:

sounds great!! We have the same due date!
Hi Ladies.

Well my scan was amazing! Baby measuring slightly ahead so have been moved to edd jan 2. Heart beat was nice and strong and they did the fluid on neck test for DS, which came in at 1.9mm, had bloods done as they combine the two together. Done another urine sample due to uti which is still there, thought it had gone :(

Next scan is 22 August. Baby was jumping all over the place, wouldn't keep still and the Sonographer kept laughing and then jiggling my tummy to get baby to move. Got good views front back legs arms and face, all looked normal. I'll post a pic when online properly.

Xxx

Yes to the ligament pain, it is v painful at times, normally right in my side or right of where baby is x

Yes it switches to the side pain in the middle of all the stretching! Do you lie down to make it ease a little? It is painful isn't it? I was a bit shocked when I started getting it as I've never experienced it before! Mine has lasted all afternoon so far! When did yours start?

just got back from appt. Blood pressure, urine sample, weight and got to hear peanut on the doppler :happydance:

next appointment is in 5 weeks for the anatomy scan!

Anyone notice ur having more hip pain? I do have bad hips from gymnastics and a car accident quiet a few years back but it's been painful to sit for longer than an hour without a lot of hip pains.... Anyone else?

just got back from appt. Blood pressure, urine sample, weight and got to hear peanut on the doppler :happydance:

next appointment is in 5 weeks for the anatomy scan!

after my 12 week i have a 16 week apt.... and for sure ud be able to tell the sex but they wont do a scan til the 20 week.. BOOOO i am so impatient, i hate knowing i can find out but CANT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->