January Jellybeans 2013!...

So also got my combined screen test results today which are low risk.
Does anyone know the actual values?

Mine reads ...

Trisomy 21
Background risk: 1:825
Adjusted risk: 1 : 281

Trisomy 18
Background risk: 1 : 9740
Adjusted risk: 1 : 194790

Trisomy 26
Background risk: 1 : 22927
Adjusted risk: 1 : 458547

Any thoughts?

That looks complicated, they just told me anything under a 1 in 150 chance and they offer further tests, over that risk is low. How long did it take to get your results back?

So also got my combined screen test results today which are low risk.
Does anyone know the actual values?

Mine reads ...

Trisomy 21
Background risk: 1:825
Adjusted risk: 1 : 281

Trisomy 18
Background risk: 1 : 9740
Adjusted risk: 1 : 194790

Trisomy 26
Background risk: 1 : 22927
Adjusted risk: 1 : 458547

Any thoughts?

not sure exactly what they mean, but to me those odds seem pretty good your baby is going to be happy and healthy!

I had the test Tuesday, got the results today. V quick!

I was interested to see what the low risk range was, no worries though

Mine was over a week ago now, still not got results. Hope its not a sign something is wrong, hopefully just a slow NHS.

Sonia did the letter come back with the phrase 'low risk' on it?

Anyonenstarting to show yet? These past few days I feel like I have started. Even considering getting out the maternity pillow for sleeping!

Just had to google all the different triosomys, so ds is the 21. That's the one I know the low risk is over 1:150 don't know what's considered low risk for the others.

Yes low risk. I was shocked at how quick it was. I am sure it is normally to take 1-2 weeks as that's what they told me.

I think the ranges for those who are interested:

Trisomy 21 - at 30 yrs old, 1 in 850
Trisomy 18 - " , 1 in 3,000
Trisomy 13 - " , 1 in 10,000

Mine was over a week ago now, still not got results. Hope its not a sign something is wrong, hopefully just a slow NHS.
They told me today..they would ring within a week if there are any concerns..but if all is ok it could take two Weeks..she said no news its good news x

Don't worry then Hun, they would no way say that if you were above average higher risk on the the low risk stakes, which is what I think you're trying to find out?? Low risk is low risk :yipee:

They told me that I should hear within 14 days. I would get a letter if there was a low risk and we would get a phone call if anything came back high risk.

Also those trisomy pregnancies rarely continue to term and if they do they are fatal (except 21) They are also mostly early miscarriages below 7 / 8 weeks and if they do get to 12 weeks the 12 week scan will definitely pick up lots of markers such as unclear facial features, weaker hb, nf too thick, etc etc. I have had a trsimy 18 loss myself and it was a miscarriage at 8 weeks, behind dates, weal hb etc and I was 'only 31'. In fact most miscarriages will be because of a chromosomal error ie a trisomy or a monosomie it's just that even women who've just had one mc will never find out because they don't test after 1 or even 2 mc's. It's just random bad luck. With the blood tests AND the successful scan your chances are virtually zero.

Anyonenstarting to show yet? These past few days I feel like I have started. Even considering getting out the maternity pillow for sleeping!

I don't think I'm showing, showing, but I can definitely feel my uterus in my abdomen and I can't lay on my stomach anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->