January Jellybeans 2013!...

I was looking at the Tommee Tippee bottles too, they're quite affordable too.

Has anyone looked at breast pumps? I need to get one before baby comes, I remember having to send my ex running to the 24 hours pharmacy one night shortly after my first was born because I was engorged. I don't remember what brand I had (was 15 years ago) but it was a manual and manual worked fine for me.

im gonna have to google these bottles.........im planning on breastfeeding......but i have breast implants so I don't know how its gonna workout.........

I abs love the shape of them too and the fact of the colors :)

I've only seen the clear ones here! I just googled and I see they're available in colours overseas but I'm not finding any in NZ. Not happy.

I'm not doing bottles! I plan on breastfeeding completely from the breast. Then going straight to sippys when its time for juice and water.

I'm not doing bottles! I plan on breastfeeding completely from the breast. Then going straight to sippys when its time for juice and water.

I want a few in case my parents want to babysit or so OH can feed occasionally, its nice daddy bonding.

Sharing feeds didn't work for me. I ended up doing all the feeds, anyways. DD had special feeding needs and it was harder to feed her. She was also failure to thrive for a time and slow to gain weight.

I didn't mind though... and this time I look forward to being able to breastfeed. I could've breastfed her exclusively by pump.

I didn't realise so many mummas buy bottles while pregnant.

I bought a breast pump which came with a few bottles and that was all I needed for the handful of times I could be effed to pump.

Does that mean you all plan on buying formula for before the baby is born too?

I had two friends who formula fed who both went through dozens of bottles because their bubs just wouldn't feed off certain ones, one mum ended up going crazy expensive and that's all that worked for them and the other mum only got the cheap no name brand ones from the super market to work for them after testing every brand under the sun. So don't go buying a monstrous size set only to find you have a scrap it months later, start with a small set and if they work then go get more.

Can any of your ladies who have had a UTI describes your symptoms?

Also, any of you new mommies panicking about having a baby? I am starting to feel very nervous and incapable.

Yes actually when I was watching my 6 week old nephew the other day.. I was all alone and started to cry a bit and freak out like OMG can i do this? Am i even capable? But by the end of the day it just came naturally :)

You ladies will be fine, your brains will just kick into mummy gear. I also advise you ignore people who go on about how hard having children is, how life changing it is, how it turns everything so upside down you don't even know yourself. When I had Eva I kept waiting for it to get difficult... it never did. Nor did my life even change that much, it was the same life I always had but this time it included a baby. I was annoyed I allowed so many people to make me so nervous about having a baby. Having a baby was 1000x easier than I ever expected.

I agree with that one!!!

Hopefully everyone will find it easier than they expect, but I would also say there's nothing wrong with you if you don't!

It was the sleep deprivation that got me! Everyone I knew had said it was really hard, but that the baby made it so worth while & that bein a mum was the best thing they had experienced. I just struggled to cope with only getting 2-4 hours broken sleep every day for months & months & felt awful as everyone else was totally over the moon about being a mum & seemed to get through on some sort of overwhelming joy. I do think that not having any family nearby to help & hubby working long hours made it harder for me though.

I totally don't want to put people off & would say that some people do take to it really well, but a lot of people don't & that's normal too. It can be quite isolating to feel like you're the only one! I didn't have PND either, so felt like I had no excuse. Just wanted to say that even if it is a massive adjustment & you find it hard, there will come a point where things get easier & you wouldn't have it any other way! (for me when DS finally started to sleep! Won't say how long that took as it's depressing, but feels like the blink of an eye now!).

I abs love the shape of them too and the fact of the colors :)

I've only seen the clear ones here! I just googled and I see they're available in colours overseas but I'm not finding any in NZ. Not happy.

Do you have target? The target here in AUS sell the pink and blue ones

No we don't unfortunately. I might try Kmart.

Kmart should have them :D or maybe order them new from online shopping or something :)

Yes, Betheney that happened to me. I bought the playtex Drop ins... They are still sitting in my basement, never to be used. Also some babies prefer different nipples types etc over others.

I didn't buy formula before hand... And I'm definitley not this time either. They say mothers that take formula samples home from the hospital are more likely to stop breastfeeding altogether.

DD ended up with special Mead Johnson nursers.

OMG i just realized im an Avocado today :) will have to get a new bump pic and post last weeks as well as i never got around to posting it :S

Is it just me but i still dont feel completly pregnant. Tomorrow I will be 18 weeks I think i feel baby move sometimes. I am starting to show but i look fat not pregnant in my opinion. My belly button hasnt popped and my stomach isnt really hard. Ahhhh i just want a belly!!

So glad you posted this, I have been feeling the same way! No real belly to speak of and definitely not sure if I have felt bubs move at all yet! Oh well, I guess we make the most of it as 3rd trimester has the potential to be a lot harder!!

xxxx

OMG i just realized im an Avocado today :) will have to get a new bump pic and post last weeks as well as i never got around to posting it :S

Do you have a proper bump? Sooo jealous! :)
:) yer i do but i think most of it is just were everything is getting pushed out of the way of my growing uterus :blush: but it is rather tight so yes its a bump hehe i started showing around 12 weeks with my son so i was not shocked when i started to get a bump :)

Do you have a proper bump? Sooo jealous! :)
:) yer i do but i think most of it is just were everything is getting pushed out of the way of my growing uterus :blush: but it is rather tight so yes its a bump hehe i started showing around 12 weeks with my son so i was not shocked when i started to get a bump :)

That's ace that you get your bump early & bypass that 'looks like she's piled on a few pounds' stage! I could have got away without people knowing I was pregnant til about 17wks last time I reckon. This time I think maybe 16 wks? I'm not in maternity clothes yet, have only just switched to leggings or dresses as I can't fasten my jeans. Hurry up bump! x

Blossom that's fair. Eva was a tremendously good sleeper and I keep forgetting the difference it makes. If I had one bad night with Eva the next day I would be so miserable and depressed and angry. I never realised the connection sleep had with our emotions until I had Eva.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->