January Jellybeans 2013!...

No surprise! All these guests should join us... if they have jellybean bumps! :)

Blossom that's fair. Eva was a tremendously good sleeper and I keep forgetting the difference it makes. If I had one bad night with Eva the next day I would be so miserable and depressed and angry. I never realised the connection sleep had with our emotions until I had Eva.

That's all it was for me, PND is a whole different ball game.

The actually taking care of the baby did come naturally.... though after a couple of weeks I remember realising his feet smelled as I didn't know I should of been cleaning between his toes... What an idiot!:haha:

My experience was totally different. I always said "And the worst thing I worried about, was middle of the night feeds."

I didn't have many emotions. "Most of the time, I was just so happy and relieved my baby was alive." :)

Can any of your ladies who have had a UTI describes your symptoms?

Also, any of you new mommies panicking about having a baby? I am starting to feel very nervous and incapable.

Yes actually when I was watching my 6 week old nephew the other day.. I was all alone and started to cry a bit and freak out like OMG can i do this? Am i even capable? But by the end of the day it just came naturally :)

You ladies will be fine, your brains will just kick into mummy gear. I also advise you ignore people who go on about how hard having children is, how life changing it is, how it turns everything so upside down you don't even know yourself. When I had Eva I kept waiting for it to get difficult... it never did. Nor did my life even change that much, it was the same life I always had but this time it included a baby. I was annoyed I allowed so many people to make me so nervous about having a baby. Having a baby was 1000x easier than I ever expected.

I agree with that one!!!

Hopefully everyone will find it easier than they expect, but I would also say there's nothing wrong with you if you don't!

It was the sleep deprivation that got me! Everyone I knew had said it was really hard, but that the baby made it so worth while & that bein a mum was the best thing they had experienced. I just struggled to cope with only getting 2-4 hours broken sleep every day for months & months & felt awful as everyone else was totally over the moon about being a mum & seemed to get through on some sort of overwhelming joy. I do think that not having any family nearby to help & hubby working long hours made it harder for me though.

I totally don't want to put people off & would say that some people do take to it really well, but a lot of people don't & that's normal too. It can be quite isolating to feel like you're the only one! I didn't have PND either, so felt like I had no excuse. Just wanted to say that even if it is a massive adjustment & you find it hard, there will come a point where things get easier & you wouldn't have it any other way! (for me when DS finally started to sleep! Won't say how long that took as it's depressing, but feels like the blink of an eye now!).

Well said blossom, some will find it easier than others and it's totally normal for it to be harder for others, it doesn't mean your not good at being a mum.

I had a nightmare time with ds if I'm honest. It started in the hospital when he wouldn't latch onto the breast. All of the midwives tried to help but he wouldn't do it, and they made me feel like I'd failed him. Luckily one particular midwife said your baby is starving, just give him formula, it doesn't matter what he's fed as long as he's fed. That went on for 5 days and I felt so low.

Ds was a dream in the day, but feeding continued to be an issue, to the point at 4 months he would scream at the sight of a bottle! He would also wake screaming and rolling rolling around the cot about 20 times a night. I was exhausted !!! In the end, after a lot of fighting with the gp. I got a referral to the paed and got him on the right milk and meds (he was allergic to milk and had silent reflux).

It was harder as it's just me and dh, both my parents have passed away and dhs are working, and wouldn't have him overnight to give us a night off. We got through it though, and hopefully this one will be s breeze! And he eventually started sleeping through when he was 4 lol.

He's still totally adorable even though he was a nightmare!

Blossom that's fair. Eva was a tremendously good sleeper and I keep forgetting the difference it makes. If I had one bad night with Eva the next day I would be so miserable and depressed and angry. I never realised the connection sleep had with our emotions until I had Eva.

The actually taking care of the baby did come naturally.... though after a couple of weeks I remember realising his feet smelled as I didn't know I should of been cleaning between his toes... What an idiot!:haha:

I remember Eva was about 2 weeks old when I finished breastfeeding her and my mum said "would you like me to burp her" and I remember thinking "oh shit!! I've never burped my baby, I forgot that was a thing you were supposed to do" so she was burped for the first time at 2 weeks old. Lololololol. I was so annoyed with myself because I'm quite familiar with babies so I really knew better.

OMG! 4 years is quite something! I thought I had it bad when we got beyond the 1 year mark! x

I remember Eva was about 2 weeks old when I finished breastfeeding her and my mum said "would you like me to burp her" and I remember thinking "oh shit!! I've never burped my baby, I forgot that was a thing you were supposed to do" so she was burped for the first time at 2 weeks old. Lololololol. I was so annoyed with myself because I'm quite familiar with babies so I really knew better.

LOL! She can't have been swollowing too much air then, or you'd have noticed something was up :)

that's what i thought a few days later when i was thinking about it.

I also made the cleaning between her toes mistake, i was putting socks on her as a newborn and remember seeing a build up of muck and realising that i'm suppose to clean between her toes obviously. lol

Mellywelly - I'm working on the assumption that no one has two bad sleepers, so we'll be fine!

I've kinda been silently stalking since my first post in this thread but I have had my 13 week scan and my dates have moved - now due 27/1/2013 rather than the 30th - can this be updated please?

Finally starting to feel confident that Fuzzy is sticking around unlike last year. :happydance:

I gave up on burping pretty quickly, his wind all came out the other end and when he finished feeding he was usually asleep so I didn't want to wake him again!

I don't think I've ever cleaned between his toes either, as a newborn they never looked dirty or smelt? Makes perfect sense but I never noticed a smell or anything.

Aw well, I will keep an eye on this one's feet!

Yayyy im a sweet potato!!! Now only if my bump becomes a true one ill be happy!

i plan on breastfeeding, but i know there are some women who cant make enough breast milk on their own so they have to rely on formula (i hope i am not one of them)

I had a breast reduction 2 years ago and my Dr. said it shouldnt cause any problems as "all my working parts" are there.

We are getting a few bottles just to have for when we have family babysit etc.

Wow, great bump MissMummy! Definitely a proper bump!

I've kinda been silently stalking since my first post in this thread but I have had my 13 week scan and my dates have moved - now due 27/1/2013 rather than the 30th - can this be updated please?

Finally starting to feel confident that Fuzzy is sticking around unlike last year. :happydance:

Glad you're starting to feel positive & it's becoming real for you x

Haven't really felt bean the last few days so last night as I was laying in bed I decided to poke at bean to see if it would play along... All of a sudden I felt a faint thump! Up until now it's just been some flutters and bubbles. I guess I really pissed bean off!! Haha!

I'm an onion today :)

Haven't really felt bean the last few days so last night as I was laying in bed I decided to poke at bean to see if it would play along... All of a sudden I felt a faint thump! Up until now it's just been some flutters and bubbles. I guess I really pissed bean off!! Haha!

I'm an onion today :)

i gotta try that tonight! I still haven't felt my peanut! Not even flutters!

I plan to breastfeed but still want a bottle or two for pumping if I need to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->