January Jellybeans 2013!...

go to carseatcanopy website and use BREASTFEEDING2012 for free canopy

I'll be breast feeding, I bf my daughter for 14 months and it was the best thing I ever did. I don't judge anybody who doesn't though, because it was also one of the hardest things I ever did. I was totally determined to do it, but if I hadn't had that determination I would probably have given up on day 3.

ok, i am DYING to make some clothing purchases now that i know its a boy!!!!!!!

Is it a bad idea to buy some outfits since I don't know how big/small he is going to be?!

So impatient!

Is it weird that my cravings are mostly everything healthy? Bananas, kiwis, plums, grapes, and for lunch i craved a veggie delight subway sub thats all veggies, and right now I want some homemade guacamole.. I know it can be fattening, but its still pretty good for u! WEIRD!

No Jaime! Just get a few newborn and a few 0-3 and they will be fine. I remember looking at the newborn size thinking I was gonna have a pretty big baby that would never fit in those clothes. But she did! She was 8lb 4 and lost about half a pound before we got to grips with feeding and the clothes fitted for a few weeks. I was looking through some of them the other day and getting all excited!

Just keep the tags on them and keep the receipt. So if he is a bigger baby you can return them for another size or another outfit. A lot of my friends are glad I brought them 3 months clothes for gifts when I went to the hospital to see them and not newborns because they ended up being long and around 8 lbs lol and they only brought a new born outfit for baby to go home in... haha

thanks! Eeeekkkk they have good sales online and the clothes are cheap

Melly - Definitely whatever is best for you is what you should do. I didn't have the support with DD and was given conflicting advice on how to handle my flat side. The nurses that were helping me to breastfeed gave me something that looked a lot like a plastic nipple that went over mine so it would help draw it out when she sucked. It was working great but when the lactation consultant came in she told me I should never use this as the baby gets too attached to it. She made me feel like I was cheating by using this. I think that may have been one downfall when I stopped using it. I really am just looking for more advice out there so hopefully this experience will be better and (fingers crossed) more successful! I'm sorry they made you feel that way. That is not helpful. You would think people would realize that they are suppose to be there FOR support.

Jrowen - Shop away! You can always buy all different sizes. Even for him to have later on after he is a little older. If the prices are good, why not!

Cailidgh - I get those same pains. I have to be careful when I bend over or try not to. I've started trying to squat down instead of bed. I know that one day soon, bending will not be possible. :haha:

Sorry but I'm staying in the if I can I will bf brigade. If this baby doesn't latch this time, then I will not be made to feel a failure again. It was horrible, I was crying constantly about it, and if I did start to think about formula there was a nearby midwife ready to make me feel incompetent again.

Sorry if this sounds bitter, but even now, all the bf is best talk brings it all back and I still feel very upset by it all.

I am exactly the same Mel, my ds refused to latch and the couple of times he did he fell straight to sleep, my main concern was that after three days of constantly trying to latch him on and only sip feeding him so as not to confuse he would end up losing too much weight. My midwife fortunatly was amazing, but I still cried and felt like a complete failure :cry:

So this time yes I will try to breastfeed and I understand it takes determination and I woud love nothing more than to breastfeed but if it doesnt happen then I will bottle feed and I wont feel like Im letting anyone down by doing so, this time :hugs:

ok, i just bouught likt 20 things for 90 bucks at JCpenney website hehehe

Is it weird that my cravings are mostly everything healthy? Bananas, kiwis, plums, grapes, and for lunch i craved a veggie delight subway sub thats all veggies, and right now I want some homemade guacamole.. I know it can be fattening, but its still pretty good for u! WEIRD!

Nope! I crave very healthy stuff too.

I wish!!! All i crave is greasy food AND italian food. My face and arms are getting fat!

Any uk ladies see the new midwives series on BBC2 from last night? I've just watched it on I player and am a little emotional! Also started to panic a little a labour - ekk! Positive thoughts, all will be fine!

For those outside uk, it's a reality documentary on a maternity ward / delivery suite. You'll probably get it on BBC iPlayer if you google it - definitely worth a watch!

I'm also starting to feel very unprepared. A friend was like have you got x y z and a b c I was like no! And also don't feel like I've read enough etc. any thoughts?

I'm also starting to feel very unprepared. A friend was like have you got x y z and a b c I was like no! And also don't feel like I've read enough etc. any thoughts?

I just started to feel this way too!

I'm sure we aren't and have a long time left to prepare but am feeling very panicky tonight, mainly unprepared, not in any specific terms but going to spend this weekend preparing some lists of what we definitely need to get steriliser, blankets, clothes, etc etc. think that will help and then tick off.

Also going to spend some time ready my what to expect book, I refer to it all the time anyway. I think maybe for me because I don't look pregnant and feel fine it's still not stinking much and that's making it less real. Does that make sense? I feel so bad to have to say that. :(

Any uk ladies see the new midwives series on BBC2 from last night? I've just watched it on I player and am a little emotional! Also started to panic a little a labour - ekk! Positive thoughts, all will be fine!

For those outside uk, it's a reality documentary on a maternity ward / delivery suite. You'll probably get it on BBC iPlayer if you google it - definitely worth a watch!

I saw that BBC2 programme last night. I enjoyed it, but what scared me was how two of the women featured had lost their last babies when they were very young and I think another two this time needed resucitated straight after birth! Scary stuff! Also I am hoping the hospital I will be giving birth in won't make me wait 6 hours for a bed! It was good though and I liked that you saw the births more through the midwife's eyes which made it a bit different from One Born Every Minute which I love.

I've had massive cravings for tomato & red onion salad & to a lesser extent for avacado. Made a big batch of veggy chilli recently too & was gutted to finish it. Unfortunately although I have craved some pretty healthy food I always seem to feel sick in the supermarket & don't end up buying much, so when I am up to eating, there's very little choice!:growlmad:

I saw that BBC2 programme last night. I enjoyed it, but what scared me was how two of the women featured had lost their last babies when they were very young and I think another two this time needed resucitated straight after birth! Scary stuff! Also I am hoping the hospital I will be giving birth in won't make me wait 6 hours for a bed! It was good though and I liked that you saw the births more through the midwife's eyes which made it a bit different from One Born Every Minute which I love.

Me too - I think they did it well to compliment one born every minute so we can enjoy both :) the complications they showed did freak me out and think because I've had them drummed home to me today in terms of being overweight that didn't help. I know risks are risks and can happen in any pregnancy just more aware now as will certainly be reading up and being careful in terms of weight gain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->