January Jellybeans 2013!...

Another lurker here, we have our anatomy scan on August 17th but we're not finding out the gender, staying on team yellow. My gut instinct tells me it's a girl. So much so I bought a couple of girls outfits. :blush: We're only having the one, so hopefully the gut feeling is right or I'm going to have to hold out and hope my brother and his wife have a girl at some point! In my defense though, they were ridiculously cute outfits and 40% off. :winkwink:

is it weird that I am kinda freaked out that the ultrasound I had didn't show a profile??? How come all the scans I see have a profile of the baby's face?? I couldn't make out a facial profile at my scan

is it weird that I am kinda freaked out that the ultrasound I had didn't show a profile??? How come all the scans I see have a profile of the baby's face?? I couldn't make out a facial profile at my scan

Was he wriggling around a bit Jrow?! Maybe they just couldn't get a still shot of him in the profile position?

Don't stress tho, you have a healthy baby boy!!

xx

yeah, he was wiggling a lot! This was the best shot they got:shrug:

Brick-20120726-00668.jpg

I set up my scan for August 14, I can't wait!! Tentatively still team yellow, but dh and the little ones REALLY want to know! I feel bad taking that away from them...

My husband keeps double checking with me because he knows I really don't care to know what the baby's gender is. He keeps telling me I really need to decide what I want because he really wants to know. Not in an insensitive kind of way, he has already agreed that if we have any more children we won't find out the gender, but he wants me to decide now so we have plenty of time to talk about it.

I'll hopefully breast feed in the beginning hopefully I can pump if not I'll try to do both

My scan is on the 10th which I think is next thursday. It seems soooo far away, I don't wanna wait so long but guess I have no choice.

As for preparations, I found it helped my nerves to have a checklist to follow, so I looked up a few online, compared to make sure one didn't have stuff another didn't an I made a comprehensive list of things we need to get. Luckily MIL had a baby store not too long ago and she still has a lot of baby stuff in storage so she says we should come and take what we need. Kinda waiting to find out the gender before we go and then I'll know what else we have to purchase, that will save us A LOT.

My intuition says I'm having a boy but I've dreamt of both genders, baking soda test didn't have even one bubble in it so I guess that means girl, chinese charts all say boy. I've even bought some onesies that I guess are for boys cuz they're blue but I'd still put them on a little girl if I have one.

my scan is forever away.......september 11th...... but i am one of the last ones due in january so........

I FF my son and this time around I am undecided I am very 'body shy' when people look at me and just keep glancing back it would make me expecaly uncoumfitable if I was BFing but I keep coming back to just thinking about it I can't make my mind up one way or the other

I FF my son and this time around I am undecided I am very 'body shy' when people look at me and just keep glancing back it would make me expecaly uncoumfitable if I was BFing but I keep coming back to just thinking about it I can't make my mind up one way or the other

Maybe you could get a breastfeeding cover? That might help you get more comfortable. I bought one waaaay before i was pregnant cause i just knew i would want one.

If it would help, you could always get a cover or just feed on the breast at home and if you needed to go out, have some pumped milk so you could bottle feed.

If any of you ladies sew, you can make a cover. WAY cheaper. I have made 2 for girls who had babies. I love that I can pick out any fabric too. I'm not limited to whatever the store has. I plan on making one for myself as well.

I just made a gorgeous cover :) I love making all sorts of new crafts for mommyhood.

I have my scan on the 20th and cannot wait. We scheduled it for the day after we come home from vacation. We figured it would make coming back less depressing! My gut says boy but I dreamt girl the other night so who knows? Either way I have a 50% chance of being right!!

For those ladies who can't make a cover (like me) :) you can check out the ones from Udder Cover, the material is not the best I think but it will do. I love the neck opening that allows you to look at your baby while you feed him/her and I got the nursing pads and nursing band with it to keep track of feedings and which side you last fed from.

Also I have no experience breastfeeding, but just thought I'd add that the women I know usually prepare their nipples by gently pulling and rolling them before baby is born, my mom says that prevents soreness when you do start to breastfeed.

If any of you ladies sew, you can make a cover. WAY cheaper. I have made 2 for girls who had babies. I love that I can pick out any fabric too. I'm not limited to whatever the store has. I plan on making one for myself as well.

I'm going to do that too, I've seen capsule covers I want to try creating as well. I love sewing things and not paying big companies huge prices for things!

I got some cheap boning and put about 12-14 inches in the neckline so that it stands away from the body just like the Udder Covers. And there are tons of free patterns online to get you started. I made one with 2 coordinating fabrics that came out lovely. My next one will have pockets inside it as well for a burp cloth, pads, etc.

For those talking about covers but unable to sew (like me)...Got this email from What To Expect's site:

You can get free slings, udder covers, and breast pads. You just pay shipping. I got a sling with a promo!

Go to sevenslings.com and/or UdderCovers.com.

2. Click on "Shop Now" and select any baby carrier, nursing cover or breast pads you like.

3. Once you have made your selection, you'll automatically be directed to the shopping bag. Enter the promo code "WTE" and both companies have agreed to deduct 100% of the cost of the carrier, nursing cover, pads - all you pay are the shipping fees!

Be forewarned that in the us te shipping was $12! Although that's much better than the actual price of the cover!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->