January Jellybeans 2013!...

Brilliant news ginger.

I've got my gd test soon, I'm getting a bit worried as I keep getting really thirsty, and I don't normally.

My niece is Sophia! However, be prepared for it to be really popular! It was a top name in the US! But if you love who cares about its popularity it what other people think? :)

I don't think it's so popular in the UK? I come across lots of children of all ages in my job, and have yet to come across one yet. This is one of my problems, that names remind me of kids I've worked with.

Uk ladies- when r u getting ur mat b1 form? My work want it by 25 weeks but my midwife said I'm not allowed it until my 28 weeks appointment

I got mine at 21 week midwife apt. Legally you have to give notice to your employer by 25 weeks so need to have it

That's what I thought but she refused to give it to me even when I said I'd be in trouble with work

Very odd. Could you maybe ask your GP? Or call look on direct.gov website or DWP?

Found this, may be of info https://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/matb1-guidance.pdf

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/spmmanual/spm20320.htm

https://m.direct.gov.uk/syndication...10039631&utn=64797cc9335a452c84e5201209181845 the section telling your employer you intent to start SMP may help

Thanx everyone

I'll talk to my headteacher tomorrow and explain what midwife said. I guess I could always put in writing when I intend to go and they could have the mat form later

Yes you could do that, sure they'd understand. I jut had to give mine is with covering letter saying when I intended to take leave from. Was told not to put anything about return date.

I thought SMP could start from 28 weeks as mine could start 16 oct. I could well have that wrong as just leave it to our hr girls to tell me when.

I thought smp could start at 29 weeks

Haha

Oh dear. Im planning on going at 35 weeks anyway

What I meant was that even if the worst happened and someone had a stillborn from 24 weeks onwards, smp is still payable.oh that sounds horrible!

How are we supposed to stay calm and relaxed with all of these hormones rushing?!

Psh, somebody didn't think that one when the whole pregnancy was being considered.

What I meant was that even if the worst happened and someone had a stillborn from 24 weeks onwards, smp is still payable.oh that sounds horrible!

That's exactly what I thought. So surely I should be allowed my mat b1 cert. silly midwife! I don't like her anyway. She's really wierd

I got my MATB1 at my 21 week appointment too. The first thing she said to me when I went in that appointment was 'are you working', 'ok, here's your MATB1 form'. Maybe worth speaking to your doctor in case they can issue you with one.

That's exactly what I thought. So surely I should be allowed my mat b1 cert. silly midwife! I don't like her anyway. She's really wierd

Is there another midwife you could ask? Do you have a community midwife team?

Is there another midwife you could ask? Do you have a community midwife team?

That's a good idea. If my work really want the form by next week I'll give the community midwives team a call and see what they say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->