January Jellybeans 2013!...

Our classes are pricey but since it's out first I wante to do them. I was hoping insurance would pick them up but they aren't covered. However I did find out that as of January 1st breast pumps are covered so were taking ours of the registry and waiting til the final stretch to get one free!!

Your insurance pays for breast punp?!?!? I need to find this out!

Me too, I'm calling ASAP!

my hospital offers a free breastfeeding class and a free newborn class. Both are 2-3 hours long but only 1 day. They offer birthing classes, but its super expensive.

I wonder if my insurance covers breast pumps? hmm... somthing to def. look into!

Im nit even going to bother with a burthing class... Ill prob end up w a c section anyways ....

So i had my apptmnt today and heartbeat was good...but for some reason i havent gained any weight in a month! Im still stuck at 13 lbs and im 22 weeks now.. Weird! I eat all the time!

We took the classes when pg with the boys and I was the only one in the class who was having twins, and it was geared toward having one baby, so I'm not going to bother again. I know there's a sibling's class the boys can take, but I don't think they'd pay much attention. :haha:

I have Independence Blue Cross. They reimburse $50 for childbirth classes, $25 for infant CPR class, $50 towards a breast pump, and offer lactation consultation. Depending on how long I am in hospital, I also get one to two home visits.

I signed up for a childbirth class series at the hospital for $110, it includes a tour of the maternity unit.

My hospital has a free lactation consultant. I never needed them thankfully but its good to know.

I'm freaked out a little I've never not gained weight by now so it weird but I'm sure baby if fine I'm not a tiny girl so maybe I'm ok:)

happy monday to me....hubby and i got food poisoning :(

I grabbed a sub from the deli at Target yesterday since i was busy running errands and it looked totally fine and the sell by date wasnt until wed.! all lastnight and into this morning i had bad diarrhea and so did hubby and bad tummy cramps.

The Dr. says the baby should be fine as long as i stay hydrated. (especially the only symptom is runny stool) luckily no vomiting or fever. I had to stay home from work bc i was afraid id be running to the bathroom all the time and wouldnt be able to get work done

This happened to us the other night after we got Thai food. Except I spent all night vomiting and hubby spent all night popping. We ate different meals too. It was so awful so I feel your pain. My stomach was sensitive for days we spent all weekend on the lounge watching movies.

Our hospital offers free classes and free lactation help. Also the tour of the hospital is free. They only offer them the first Saturday of each month but still ... I didn't do the tour with DD but since they just built a brand new hospital I want to snoop around and see what it looks like. :haha:

I'm not doing any of the classes though. They didn't interest me the first go around and I'm not really interested this go around either. I do love that the lactation consultant comes in to talk with you after you deliver and she will sit and talk with you. She also calls after you go home to check in and see how things are going so that is the part I especially love.

So this might be total TMI but I don't know what is going on. I have had diarrhea since last night. All day today I'm struggling with the BH contractions ... they aren't painful just really uncomfortable and the tightening is getting bad at times. At certain points it makes my breath catch like I just can't breathe! I've been drinking water all day and resting hoping that it will go away. UGH!!!!! I've laid on my left side, I've propped my feet up, I've done next to nothing, I've tried getting up to stretch and walk a little ... WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! Aggravating!!!!! DH has been making me chill out because I want to clean things because the party is coming up and I get all OCD when we have company ... good thing we normally keep a clean house so there isn't too much to do but seriously this crap :)haha::haha:) is driving me insane. I feel fine and have been eating normal so I don't know what is going on. I'm making sure to drink extra water to keep hydrated.

Under the new Affordable Healthcare Act breast pumps have to be covered by insurance. This went into effect in August but it's up to your provider how they want to put it into effect. I am eligible when my plan renews on January 1st. I need to call again and follow up to get details as to what types they will cover and how I submit the claim. I think they will look for a doctors note essentially prescribing the use of a pump for you and/or the baby's well being. It's definitely worth calling and talking to them about. I had to have them call me back because the woman wasn't 100% sure how it all worked. She said it had been a big topic of conversation lately.

Our hospital offers free classes and free lactation help. Also the tour of the hospital is free. They only offer them the first Saturday of each month but still ... I didn't do the tour with DD but since they just built a brand new hospital I want to snoop around and see what it looks like. :haha:

I'm not doing any of the classes though. They didn't interest me the first go around and I'm not really interested this go around either. I do love that the lactation consultant comes in to talk with you after you deliver and she will sit and talk with you. She also calls after you go home to check in and see how things are going so that is the part I especially love.

So this might be total TMI but I don't know what is going on. I have had diarrhea since last night. All day today I'm struggling with the BH contractions ... they aren't painful just really uncomfortable and the tightening is getting bad at times. At certain points it makes my breath catch like I just can't breathe! I've been drinking water all day and resting hoping that it will go away. UGH!!!!! I've laid on my left side, I've propped my feet up, I've done next to nothing, I've tried getting up to stretch and walk a little ... WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! Aggravating!!!!! DH has been making me chill out because I want to clean things because the party is coming up and I get all OCD when we have company ... good thing we normally keep a clean house so there isn't too much to do but seriously this crap :)haha::haha:) is driving me insane. I feel fine and have been eating normal so I don't know what is going on. I'm making sure to drink extra water to keep hydrated.

Ugh i had the poops like that last week...u can bedehydrated which is causing the bh...drink extra fluids :)

I've signed up for the free antenatal classes with our hospital. Although I've had two babies before it was a long time ago, same with OH so we decided to do the classes together. I don't think they start until November though.

My pelvis/lower back pain is so sore I can't put pants on or shave my legs or even do housework like unloading the dishwasher without being in agony. I hope its not going to be this way for the entire pregnancy. I see my midwife in a couple of days so I'll see what she says.

Same Darkstar - maybe I will see you at the free Antenatal classes - you're near Palmerston North arent you? I think my classes are in Feilding though!

Sonia, you look lovely - such a cute bump!! I will post mine soon - it's finally emerging!

Little J, Sassy and Betheney, you poor things all having tummy issues - nothing worse!

Lauren, my boy definitely has lazy days too, try not to stress but if you do get worried a call to your doc cant hurt.

Happy V day Ginger!

Glad your appt went well Nikki, dont stress about no weight gain - you might have a couple of extra pounds next month :)

Hope everyone else is feeling good :hugs::hugs:
xxx

Why oh why did I just read about second trimester losses???

I couldn't stop myself. Now I will be panicky for a while. Thankfully, I have an appointment Wednesday for some reassurance.

I am not going anywhere near those threads... I'm already fighting scary feelings with all these contractions I've been having ... especially today so yea ... We are all going to be fine!! Let's think on the positive! :hugs:

i freaked myself out with a post i read in the 2nd tri about a loss after decrease fetal movement...i called the dr and they saw me hb was perfect and he was moving all around on the ultrasound and i even saw him elbow me and kick me, but didnt feel it, but at least I know he is ok!

I feel so sorry for those families that have to go through losses but I know reading them will just freak me out. I don't really read any other threads. I just come check in and see if anyone has posted in ours and if not, I go play on facebook or pinterest. :haha:

I have read some of the funny birth stories though and they are really hilarious. Other than that, I just stay away. Some of them are sad or even crazy to read. There are some strange people out there.

I have been all around forums during the weekend and today. I wouldn't go to bed with hubby last night because of a very drama-like thread on the third trimester I was reading and wanted to finish reading. I think I'm not doing it anymore. Haha. Yeah, been to the very scary/nervous rack ones too, but I try to see the red flags that I can learn from, makes me somewhat more paranoid, but I also feel more.. knowledgeable I guess, to know what to do versus what not to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->