January Jellybeans 2013!...

Has anyone notices any stretch marks yet?
I have a very slightly red mark which I think may be the start of one but is more where I have an old one than a new one
Unfortunately I already had some when I suddenly gained a bunch of weight out of the blue a few years ago.... They were all faded and barely noticeable but now I'm getting extending ones coming off those... :(
I've used cream but I think I'm already suseptible to them - luckily haven't gotten boob ones yet - hope I can at least keep them looking good....

Also wanted to post my bump pic - I know u were self concious about what ur looking like.... So I'm going to put mine up too.
This is from yesterday 23 + 5

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
So, this is going to be a lot of TMI, just fair warning. Being pregnant hasn't taken away my desire to have sex, but my baby girl makes is so uncomfortable, even painful for me to do so. Every time my husband and I have sex, she like holds up to the sides of my uterus and pushes out and its very painful. I don't know what to do to get her to stop doing that so I can enjoy a little intimacy with my husband. Do any of your babies do that?

I'm that last one to give advice on dtd, but does it make a difference if you try different positions?

So, this is going to be a lot of TMI, just fair warning. Being pregnant hasn't taken away my desire to have sex, but my baby girl makes is so uncomfortable, even painful for me to do so. Every time my husband and I have sex, she like holds up to the sides of my uterus and pushes out and its very painful. I don't know what to do to get her to stop doing that so I can enjoy a little intimacy with my husband. Do any of your babies do that?

Omg yesss. When we dtd my uterus gets reeeaaallly tight and hard like a rock and pushed out!

Like she is bracing herself against the sides to stop her falling out lol?? yup and to be honest I havent found a position that lo doesnt do it in as I think as soon as you start to get into it your insides must flex/tighten and baby thinks oh no!

On the dtd question - i was having serious pain - felt like sharp razors...
I have found that laying in a spooning position seems to be better as well as getting OH to help by stimulating with his fingers (seems to make it stop hurting....)
Might be worth a try?

It's fruit day! Still a papaya.

Had a great appointment this morning. Normal blood pressure, urine, and heartbeat. Doctor confirmed completely normal ultrasound report! Four more weeks then GTT.

As for DTD - DH and I did the other day. It wasn't the most pleasant experience. I was only comfortable on my back (which won't work in the coming weeks and months) and, honestly, it was out of pity. :awww: I didn't have cramping but I did have ligament pain.

24 Weeks! 16 to go!

Hubby and I have just been "creative" lately. Haha, I probably shouldn't tell y'all this or he would be seriously pissed, but he said he got too tired doing it in a "ballerina" position, where he has to see how the heck he stretches to feel like he is not hurting baby hahaha. He just ends up tired and with cramps on his legs and arms. The day he called it that I just couldn't stop laughing, and it was in the middle of DTD...

Girls, I am having such anxiety about breastfeeding. It consumes me I'm losing sleep over it. I want to desperately. I wanted to with my boys, but it never happened and I was devastated. Is there anyway to absolutely guarantee that I can breastfeed after a csection?

2 major things

1 - I would say that your best chances are if you're open to help, friends have asked me for help before but when i or others try and help them they don't seem to actually want to listen. OOORRR when people finally say they had problems breastfeeding they say it when they're already on formula and have already decided not to BF, so many don't ask while actually trying to BF.

2 - Don't give up, my friend who had problems breastfeeding (explained below) was told by her lactation consultant that it takes a good 6 weeks to get a full hold and handle on breastfeeding, so she aimed for that 6 and refused to give up prior. She ended up breastfeeding for 18 months.

What was the issue with your first pregnancies, did the milk just not come in because you had a c-section... i know that can happen but i thought it was more with really traumatic births and major emergency c-sections. I'm not very well educated with c-sections though so i could be wrong.

I do know of a few women who said their milk never came in and honestly it took my friend 6 days for hers to come in. Mine took 4 days and this was after 2 hourly feeds for 2 days then on the 3rd day she fed for i kid you not 5 straight hours!!! i was exhausted, tired and in so much pain. It was so awful at the time i so very nearly gave her one bottle just to break that cycle. Then that night she cried the entire night and i mean the ENTIRE night. So it was a full day of cluster feeding and then a full night of crying with 2 hourly feeds prior and all after labour and delivery, the first week was brutal. It was our first night at home and me and my husband were completely lost with what to do, she seemed to want to feed but just wasn't getting anything out. We were at the end of our tether and were completely lost and tired on what to do, i never bought any formula so that wasn't an option at 4am. Then the morning of day 4 i woke up with Milk, she had a big feed and then a huge sleep. The poor thing was just trying to bring my milk in that whole time.

I do know of women that said "i just had no milk in hospital and he was starving" babies act like that in hospital and it's very nerve wracking when they're soooo hungry and you're only providing these tiny drips of colostrum, but the best thing you can do is let that baby feed off those boobies, the more they feed the sooner you get some milk.

I also recommend getting a lactation consultant. My friend whose milk came in at 6 days had so many problems breastfeeding and a meeting with a lactation consultant made all the difference in the world she said it was the best $120 she ever spend. Although another friend used the same consultant and hated them but saw another one who she loved. So it all depends on the individual. But you should be open to this, getting professional help, more than just a midwife. My hospital has free lactation consultants you should see if yours does too. Although i read an article recently that hospital lactation consultants aren't proper fully qualified consultants... so maybe you might not want to choose that option. The article wasn't Australian (where i am) but i can't remember where it was from.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Thank you Betheney! Long story short, I had the boys via emergency c section after my epidural caused my heartrate to drop twice, taking one of the boys with me. I'm not entirely sure what happened after that, but essentially, I wasn't allowed to have them (see them, hold them, touch them) for almost 24 hours after they were born. I do know Alex was put on a vent, and Jonathan was put in an incubator. I told them I wanted to breastfeed, but I watched my milk go from barely there to non-existant despite pumping like a crazy person and having them try to latch as much as I/they could. The hospital tried to help, but I had no idea what resources were available. And then I had to leave them at the hospital after I went home, so I couldn't be with them all the time.

I suppose if I make it known how badly I want to breastfeed, beforehand, the hospital could help me a little more?

Thanks again! And thank you too, sassy! :hugs:

The most comfortable position for me to dtd is on my back, but i can't stay there too long or i get the most horrible cramps in my ribs, like all the muscles are contracting, so we try to keep it shortish so i'm not in that position too long.

I dont remember who said they were naming their baby Cadell, but just wanted to say that's similar to the name we'll probably be using which is Cayde. DH seems to really like it and i'm ok with it so we'll probably stick with it.

Ducky, i have a friend who did c-sections with both her kids and still exclusively breastfed them for 6 months each so it is definitely possible.

hubby and i start on my back, then do the spoon or as he likes to call it "froggy" (sorry tmi) which is basically "doggy" style but with his legs squatting like a frog, haha

cute bump JCH!

OMG, i just had THE worst experience ever. I felt like i had the wind knocked out of me with a burning sensation at the top of my stomach/diaphragm. it got worse then went away after like 15 minutes. I had shortness of breath and started getting really hot and sweaty and weak. it was the scariest feeling.

The nurse said it seemd like asthma or an anxiety attack? but i dont ever experience either and i dont have anxiety. It was so random. She said some things in pregnancy you can explain. It also may have been baby kicking at my diaphragm which caused me to feel like i got the wind knocked outta me.

ick, it wasnt a good feeling at all

hubby and i start on my back, then do the spoon or as he likes to call it "froggy" (sorry tmi) which is basically "doggy" style but with his legs squatting like a frog, haha

cute bump JCH!

OMG, i just had THE worst experience ever. I felt like i had the wind knocked out of me with a burning sensation at the top of my stomach/diaphragm. it got worse then went away after like 15 minutes. I had shortness of breath and started getting really hot and sweaty and weak. it was the scariest feeling.

The nurse said it seemd like asthma or an anxiety attack? but i dont ever experience either and i dont have anxiety. It was so random. She said some things in pregnancy you can explain. It also may have been baby kicking at my diaphragm which caused me to ly feel like i got the wind knocked outta me.

ick, it wasnt a good feeling at all

I think that's like what I've felt a couple of times when I've sneezed. When I've sneezed lying down, I've kind of half sat as well , and felt like a huge bloke has punched me in the stomach. It was so painful I actually screamed and freaked dh completely out!

JCH - thanks hun, cute bump, thanks for posting.

I agree that if your susceptible to stretch marks no cream will help. Having said that I am using Bio Oil as opposed to cream as have used it on scars before and it worked wonders.

Deedee - the ballerina comment made me laugh out loud :)

Position wise - we tend to either do spoons or missionary, although not long how much longer that will be suitable for as bump is getting in the way.!

You guys are so helpful! We usually do it in the missionary position, but I've been trying all different positions. I didn't feel like we were going at it for very long before it started to be super painful, but maybe it was just too long for her. I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to about it, because my husband was just upset that I wasn't enjoying it as much as he was and he doesn't really understand that its not for lack of wanting to or interest, but the baby that is making it incredibly uncomfortable and taking away from the experience.

Anyone else have absolutely no desire to dtd? My poor hubby... I don't even want him near me some nights!

Aruppe i've felt like that most of the pregnancy so far, my drive has just recently started to creep back, DH is over the moon but i warned him it might not last very long.

Re: dtd question. Dh and I have been experementing with different positions, we do amyway but especially since my bump.has.started bumping :haha: we found a sort of missionary position that I like a lot. I'm on my back and he lays on his his side and spreads my legs a bit to get in. (sorry tmi) also I've found doggy works very well for us. :blush: and lately anal has felt pretty good too. (again sorry for.tmi)

On a lighter note! I will be 24.weeks.in two days! :happydance: and here is a bump pic of me at 23+4!
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-09-18182247_zps3a08c0cd.jpg

Mamma- congrats on your pink jelly bean! :hugs:

Anyone else have absolutely no desire to dtd? My poor hubby... I don't even want him near me some nights!

Me...we still haven't dtd since our bfp. It's kind of mutual though, except this week dh has decided that he's back in the mood now, but I'm so uncomfortable and it's been so long I think I'm kind of scared to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->