January Jellybeans 2013!...

My sex drive comes and goes to be honest, sometimes I just don't feel in the mood and think hubby understands. We probably dtd 2 times a week I guess. We used to love doggy but I know I would worry about hitting cervix as always used to feel like this before.

Since we had the ultrasound at 20 weeks it put OH off dtd. They did transvaginal to check the cervix because of my history and babies head was right there clear in sight with a hand waving by his face. We have dtd once since then and OH said he had visions of poking the little one in the head so now he just wants oral
Sigh.

Anyone else have absolutely no desire to dtd? My poor hubby... I don't even want him near me some nights!

We literally did it 3 xs since finding out! He says he dsnt care but i feel bad! I just not in the mood lol...

Yeah, doggy is awesome hahahahaha. But I feel like he has too much of a chance to get too in there and do something to hurt hahaha. And I'm afraid of air bubbles too LOL It's just gotten to that point to where I'm more than happy to help, and if I get in the mood while helping he will help me out too eventually... haha.

@La Mere: You are one brave lady, if hubby ever goes anywhere near that zone it's CLOSING TIME. Hahahahahahahaha.

I have to say I've not really been in the mood much either. We maybe dtd once a week or once a fortnight and I enjoy it once we get going, but I don't really have the drive to do it most of the time.

Any ones ears ringing randomly? It's happening right now and it's happened like 3 times before.

Any ones ears ringing randomly? It's happening right now and it's happened like 3 times before.

spoon and doggy are the only positions that work where I dont bleed afterwards!

since 17 weeks my ear has been pulsating.... but the Dr. said its a symptom from pregnancy bc of the higher blood flow, im sure yours may be related as well?

Libido is sporadic and weak. Easier to take care of it myself than go through the production of DTD. We haven't done it frequently. DH says not a problem and he understands, but I still feel bad for him.

We can still do just about any position and DH asked me the other day if it hurt me when he was on top. I said no not at all. I was hoping baby would quiet down as my bump is a mover and a shaker and her bumping around and smacking DH really makes it feel awkward. Thankfully though, every time she seems to take the hint and goes to sleep or gets quiet so she isn't noticeable. hahahaha! :haha: The only position I haven't done too much of is being on top. We do have to work around my belly sticking out some when in the act but we make it work. The urge seems to be much better than it use to be but if I have a day where I am really tired, it definitely hides.

DH and I have been working all day in the house and I think we are almost ready for DD's party on Saturday. She is getting so excited. We are getting a stack of presents already from relatives that live far away. We keep having to go hide them in the baby's closet. :haha::haha:

Ducky twins.

Your experience with your boys was a bit more unique. So this time the experience really should be different. I don't know why your milk didn't come in last time. My friend gave birth at 26.5w with a c-sec because of an incompetent cervix she didn't hold her LO for days after she was born. But her milk still came in. She bought a really expensive pump and pumped every couple of hours for days. But I have another friend who had an emergency c-sec who tried everything to get her milk in and like you nothing happened. Her doctor told her sometimes when labor delivery and c-secs are traumatic the body just shuts down and wont make any milk.

I really think those same problems won't apply this time around. Unless you actually have a rare physical reason why your body can't produce milk at all. If your determined you can do it and if it doesn't work you should feel comfort in the fact you did everything you could. Sometimes it really is impossible. Tongue ties, weak mouth muscles that just can't suck like most newborns.

Also remember there are drugs that can help make milk. Adoptive mothers use them. That is always a last resort.

I can't remember who replied to your original post... about the bad latch??? I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry. It must of been really heart breaking. I didn't have any significant issues with BF so its easy for me to say "just try harder". I've also never offered myself as a breast feeding champion for the same reason. I don't know what it's like to have bad latches or significant problems. You made a comment about the consultant at your hospital. That's what I was saying in my original post, some experts just aren't the experts they claim to be. So be weary.

To all the mummas out there - I found latching hard but got it under control. The whole 3 days I was in hospital there wasn't a feedI didnt press the buzzer and ask a MW to check my latch. I got as many hints and tips from as many MWs as possible. But hospitals in Australia are incredibly pro-breast feeding. One midwife taught me to side lie which was a huge help. Only ONE taught me the football hold which made the biggest difference and is the reason I was able to breast feed. I probably used it exclusively for months following the birth until I was comfortable and brave enough to start incorporating different ways of holding the baby. I had only ONE midwife tell me that it's okay to just pull their chin open to get them to have a wide mouth before shoving my boob in. Every other midwife would make me try for 10-15minutes teasing Eva's bottom or top lip with my nipple until she had a wide enough mouth. This made a huge difference because I was no longer spending 15minutes trying to latch upsetting both me AND Eva. So my advice advice is to get as much help as possible in the hospital because once you're at home you're on your own. Unless you want to pay for a private lactation consultant.

Hey ladies!!!!!!
I've been without internet for going on two weeks because of faulty equipment and idiots.. :haha: BUT i'm back in business now! :thumbup:

My ultrasound to recheck babies measurements was today.. I was mistaken about baby's stomach measurement it was only 7% :cry: but she has now grown to the 24% :happydance: they are happy with her growth. :thumbup: I have an appt with my OB Friday and will find out if I'm still on restricted bedrest or if I'll get some freedom..

Now to go back and catch up on the gazillion pages of reading.. :flower:

Ducky twins.

Your experience with your boys was a bit more unique. So this time the experience really should be different. I don't know why your milk didn't come in last time. My friend gave birth at 26.5w with a c-sec because of an incompetent cervix she didn't hold her LO for days after she was born. But her milk still came in. She bought a really expensive pump and pumped every couple of hours for days. But I have another friend who had an emergency c-sec who tried everything to get her milk in and like you nothing happened. Her doctor told her sometimes when labor delivery and c-secs are traumatic the body just shuts down and wont make any milk.

I really think those same problems won't apply this time around. Unless you actually have a rare physical reason why your body can't produce milk at all. If your determined you can do it and if it doesn't work you should feel comfort in the fact you did everything you could. Sometimes it really is impossible. Tongue ties, weak mouth muscles that just can't suck like most newborns.

Also remember there are drugs that can help make milk. Adoptive mothers use them. That is always a last resort.

I can't remember who replied to your original post... about the bad latch??? I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry. It must of been really heart breaking. I didn't have any significant issues with BF so its easy for me to say "just try harder". I've also never offered myself as a breast feeding champion for the same reason. I don't know what it's like to have bad latches or significant problems. You made a comment about the consultant at your hospital. That's what I was saying in my original post, some experts just aren't the experts they claim to be. So be weary.

To all the mummas out there - I found latching hard but got it under control. The whole 3 days I was in hospital there wasn't a feedI didnt press the buzzer and ask a MW to check my latch. I got as many hints and tips from as many MWs as possible. But hospitals in Australia are incredibly pro-breast feeding. One midwife taught me to side lie which was a huge help. Only ONE taught me the football hold which made the biggest difference and is the reason I was able to breast feed. I probably used it exclusively for months following the birth until I was comfortable and brave enough to start incorporating different ways of holding the baby. I had only ONE midwife tell me that it's okay to just pull their chin open to get them to have a wide mouth before shoving my boob in. Every other midwife would make me try for 10-15minutes teasing Eva's bottom or top lip with my nipple until she had a wide enough mouth. This made a huge difference because I was no longer spending 15minutes trying to latch upsetting both me AND Eva. So my advice advice is to get as much help as possible in the hospital because once you're at home you're on your own. Unless you want to pay for a private lactation consultant.

Here in the US. You get lactation support after you go home. You take baby into the hospital birthing unit and they'll help you with whatever you need.

I'm also taking thier breastfeeding class prior and meeting the lactation consultants. I wish all places would give the breastfeeding help that we women need to be successful.

My 2 cents. :haha:

As for the stretch mark convo-- A few weeks ago I had this spot on my boob that was burning like crazy. Like seriously burning like I had been stung by something. But I couldn't see any red spots or bites.. This was off and on for two days. I looked at it when it had stopped burning and I had a small stretch mark. :rofl: It's so ridiculous. :haha:

As for classes, I probably won't take any. I didn't take any before I had dd and had no problems with labor/delivery or breast feeding. I do kind of want to take a CPR or first aid class.

As for the DTD convo........ :haha: Dh & I had only dtd like 3-4 times since my bfp, but since my hospital stay dr told me no sex for the rest of pregnancy. So really doesn't matter if we want to do it or not.. Dh still doesnt understand it's actually in the dr's orders and I'm not making it up tho! :rofl:

Here's one of the 3d pics we got of baby girl.. Does anybody else see it looks like there's a face to the right of the baby's face kissing her cheek?

Attachments

• pic25.jpg
    pic25.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member