January Jellybeans 2013!...

I used to get so mad at soft play. Some of the parents didn't watch their kids whatsoever, they would just sit round in a group with their backs to the kids, chatting happily and having their coffees, meanwhile their kids were causing havoc behind them!

Thanks ladies. She kept me up all night!

Beth love the bump, beautiful!! :)

Ugh i used to be a tss worker after i got out if college and worked with behavioral kids, autistic kids, etc in the school and community setting..... Kets just say the reason behavioral children need tss workers is because usually the parents dont careor discipline thr children...its awful.. I compltely understand if the child has a disability, thats a reason, but other children r just awful kids and cant behave correctly so i ended up having to try and teqch the parent what to do.. Sad bc at that time i never even had a child of my own and i was only 20!

hahaha I had a sex dream the other night about hubby, except he had these muscles not like HUGE muscles but muscles.. I wont lie my hubby has some tub, but I love him either way but I told him about my dream and now he thinks he needs to get huge muscles and diet.. wtf.. maybe he feels unattractive because I havent been feeling it lately??? Poor thing.. Our anniversary is in 2 weeks (october 15th). I gotta do something for him! :/

Thats when our anniversary is too! :)

yea my sex dream the other night was totally normal just VERY awesome

but a few nights prior i had kind of a sex dream... and hubby had 3 penis's! I woke him up by putting condoms on all 3?:blush::haha: When i woke up and told him, he was like "what is wrong with you!?" haha

hahaha I had a sex dream the other night about hubby, except he had these muscles not like HUGE muscles but muscles.. I wont lie my hubby has some tub, but I love him either way but I told him about my dream and now he thinks he needs to get huge muscles and diet.. wtf.. maybe he feels unattractive because I havent been feeling it lately??? Poor thing.. Our anniversary is in 2 weeks (october 15th). I gotta do something for him! :/

Thats when our anniversary is too! :)

yea my sex dream the other night was totally normal just VERY awesome

but a few nights prior i had kind of a sex dream... and hubby had 3 penis's! I woke him up by putting condoms on all 3?:blush::haha: When i woke up and told him, he was like "what is wrong with you!?" haha

Hahahahaha o.m.g. Lol

Naaaaaw i'm probably going to avoid the thread during baby shower month as i'll be so incredibly jealous on the inside. haha! i had 2 baby showers with Eva and just decided not to have one for no.2 I know there's no set in stone rule and i have never judged a woman who has had a baby shower for their no.2 but i just don't feel it's right for us. I do have one friend however who insists on visiting and making a baby shower with just the two of us and that we're going to eat cheese and drink alcohol free wine all day. lol. She's a hoot.

It's true that time is flying by!!! i'm 26+4, i mean seriously! when did that happen????? I'm so excited to reach 3rd Tri, i think i've counted down to it more than many other milestones. Well except for the dreaded first trimester and the constant vomiting. I don't even really get that excited over V-day because i still feel it's no guarantee anything will be alright and a baby born at 24 weeks is still in incredible danger.

I found people no longer ask if you're pregnant they stare awkwardly at your belly then say "Are you thinking of giving Eva a little brother or sister anytime soon" LOLOLOLOLOL today when i replied yes only 13.5 weeks until she has one the person asked "Oh, so did you find out very long ago?" i just looked at her confused and said "Well yeah i'm 26.5 weeks so you could say i've known for a while" Some people are so silly.

I was so annoyed at the end of my last pregnancy with people asking "are you pregnant?" or "when are you due?" I would often reply "what do you mean do I look pregnant?" and just watch their reactions. :rofl:

I snuck off bed rest to go to church this past Sunday and a lady asked me how far along I was. I told her almost 27 weeks. Her reply was 20 weeks? I said no 27. She's like oh my word you're so little. Do you forget to eat? Like really. :rofl: I just smiled and walked away. Seriously I'd never say that to somebody.

DD turned 4 a little over a week ago. No offense here. I think baby showers are so "no rules whatever goes" now so you can really turn it into nothing or something huge. You can either do it or not. My best friend had a combined shower with her cousin who was due right before her so the whole family only had to do one and both of them already had boys before so it was really a family fun day at the lake for them. They got a few things like essentials but mostly just made a fun day with it.

It's been over 4 years since my last baby and I now live 1800 miles from family and friends so I thought I wouldn't have a shower, but my mil insisted while I was home over the summer. I basically did it more for the get together and I had to remind everybody I had to fly by myself with a four year old and all our luggage so if they were bringing something not to be extreme. :haha: most people enjoy buying for babies. I ended up with a few clothes a package of diapers and a few gift cards. :thumbup: it was fun to get together.

I have heard of people waiting til after baby #2 is born and have a party when they're a month old or so to introduce the baby. Which if I lived near people I may have done. :haha:

I used to get so mad at soft play. Some of the parents didn't watch their kids whatsoever, they would just sit round in a group with their backs to the kids, chatting happily and having their coffees, meanwhile their kids were causing havoc behind them!

This drives me crazy too. Sometimes I will just remove dd from the situation depending on how ghetto the parents look. :rofl: normally I wouldn't care about correcting or running my mouth to a kid or their parents, but let's just say in the cities around me Im not sure I'd know if somebody was gang related or not. So best to just leave the situation. :thumbup: unless of course dh was with me because then I'd know he could shoot first. :rofl:

Ladies i know im being absolutely crazy but feeling those cramps in my back yesterday and in my lower stomach i think they felt like a slight contraction( but ive never had a baby before so im not even sure if thats what im feeling) but the heating pad helped a bit, and babies been moving like crazy all night and today...i have nodischarge or blood...i dont kno why i swear im thinking im going into preterm labor! I really need to calm down! Lol let me know its normal and just some growing pains!!

Ladies i know im being absolutely crazy but feeling those cramps in my back yesterday and in my lower stomach i think they felt like a slight contraction( but ive never had a baby before so im not even sure if thats what im feeling) but the heating pad helped a bit, and babies been moving like crazy all night and today...i have nodischarge or blood...i dont kno why i swear im thinking im going into preterm labor! I really need to calm down! Lol let me know its normal and just some growing pains!!
Growing pains or braxton hicks contractions? Sounds like it... See if it settles.
They say to check and see if they come in regular increments or not. Ring the doc/ MW if u need to - always better to be safe.

Did anyone notice baby kick for 15 minute straight without stopping!? She keeps rolling and kicking and punching non stop tonight, hubby was amazed! She finally quieted down...shes been so low and feels like she is kickin my pubic bone on the inside..she just must be really low or something, back and pelvis have been sore all day and needed a heating pad!

I had an episode like this around 14 weeks with severe sweating-inducing cramping. The heating pad made all the difference.

When my back is achy now, I have a smushy ottoman that I will lean over on all fours and taking the weight off of my pelvis and back feels amazing. It allows me to stretch my lower back. You should definitely call your doctor if you are having concerns because otherwise you will continue to worry (that's what I did for far too long last week until I called the OB).

No the kicks were all over, maybe just trying to get comfy! Im going to call just to see what they say..im such a worry wort..i hate it...

On the lack of discipline thread:

My neighbors have 3 sons, the oldest is 13 and the youngest is 5. The oldest was born with biliary atresia, where the bile ducts did not develop properly in the liver. There is no cure and without a transplant long-term survival was poor.

Because of the threat of death and being on a transplant list for years, mom and dad must have felt guilty ever disciplining him and therefore did not. Ever. In the 7 years we've known them. He got a gift from the gift shop every time he went to the hospital and was permitted to scream and carry-on as he wanted. He was never punished for anything and became a spoiled brat. I have heard the parents threaten to count to 3 but they just keep repeating 1 over and over with no consequences for the continued bad behavior.

Two or three year ago he got his transplant and is expected to live a full life. It was too late to start disciplining him at that point because the damage was done. He punches, screams, calls names, throws tantrums (including crocodile tears) and HE IS 13 FREAKING YEARS OLD.

The middle son always played second fiddle to the oldest and acts out aggressively for attention. The youngest has learned the art of tantrums and anger from the older two.

My parenting technique will be similar to my parents. There will be consequences for bad behavior. Period.

One of the girls in my office called out yesterday and today with the flu... Maybe I'm paranoid but woke up not feeling myself today. I slept 8 hours but woke up tired and kind of foggy. I have a headache like I didn't sleep enough and my eyes feel hot. No fever, I checked. And I feel achy, which is normal but feels like more than normal. I also just dry heaved in the bathroom. Maybe I'm just convincing myself I'm sick? It feels like first trimester all over again. I think I'm going to go home soon and curl up in my bed :(

Welcome,.hunnibunni! Congrats on your lil man!

Sonia- hope you have a great birthday and have fun at the spa!

Betheney- I don't think you crossed a line at all. I would have done the same thing. I don't always control Rayven the best ay home, but when she starts doing something at someone's house even if they say she is fine, not to worry.. I still get embarrassed.

Re headtburn: its been horrible! Seems like its constantly churning! I used papaya tablets with Rayven and they worked.wonders! I'm gonna.try pineapple and see if that helps at all since i'm out of my papaya tabs.

I do feel unattractive somedays, buy my Dh is a wonderful help. He always makes me feel beautiful and is always trying to get some :haha: so its a big booster.

I have a couple of bump pics I will post later if I have a chance. And a quick update on my mom: she had another MRI and they told her that there wasn't anything pressing on her spinal cord, she has a tiny bit of movement in her hips but she still can't move her legs. They are starting her on physical therapy and steroids. Thank you all so much again for your prayers, thoughts and best wishes. I love you girls!

Hmmm so it seems its just me that has a hubby that finds them less attractive then! Maybe he should at least pretend!

Thanks La Mere, the spa was heaven. We swam, my mum sauna's and steamed, I swam . . . Well more like floated around, we had afternoon tea with fresh scones ummm, pregnancy massage was heaven, manicure and pedicure! We then went shopping and I treated myself to a new dress and shoes for a big conference I have at the end of the month which I'm event managing and don't want to look like a flump esp as there will be a lot of my colleagues and clients there who I haven't seen since falling, some don't even know I'm pregnant. Bonus was the dress was a size smaller than I would normally buy!

All in all a lovely day so far!

On the discipline front, I don't think there is anything wrong will telling other kids off. Me and my brother actually fell out because of this at the weekend was I told my niece and nephew off (his son) because they were squabbling constantly and we'd already told them to stop it more than once. I stopped the car in the middle of the road and shouted - they just looked at me, my brother was like ok chill out and I lost it. My little niece broke me heart as she said to me afterwards when we were having lunch you really scared me because you never shout. She's my special little girl x

I have been very organised today! I had a free hour so went and got a few bits for my hospital bag! I was going to get some cheap knickers that I could then throw away, but saw some tena pants on offer, 12 for £6 so got them instead. I also got some lip balm and breast pads! And the cutest little hat!

I went to the dentists today and my gums have been effected by pregnancy, they are swollen and now bleeding. My back teeth have some movements too, but he thinks it should be o.k.

OH! Kids misbehaving!! Get this!!! Our neighbors' flipping kid scratched her name (among other things) into the siding on the front of my house with a stick the other day! DS found it yesterday morning and told me about it. Needless to say I sent DH over to "talk" to them about it because I would have blown my top! She had to come over and clean it off, make sure it came off, then apologize to both of us. I told her mother I was shocked, to say the least, to come outside and see that she had scratched her name into our siding. I wasn't just going to let her get away with a "you shouldn't write on people's houses." :grr:

So yesterday I realized there's an actual person in my belly!!! Like a real person!!! It didn't really, truly hit me until yesterday and I have to say it freaked me out a little bit. In less than three months, that person will be here!! And he or she will be mine!!! OMG!! :shock:

At least she wrote her name ducky so you knew who had actually done it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->