January Jellybeans 2013!...

:hugs: I think there is still time for him to spin around. If you're interested you might check out https://www.spinningbabies.com/ and just look up all the info you want on baby spinning techniques. Just try to stay as positive as possible!

Try not to let it get to you Sonia, everything could change by your next scan. I'm being really thick here, but I presume the graphs we got at the 20 week scans showed the different bits they measured, but each one just had initials and not the actual title of which is for what. How do I decode it?

Hey Hun, if same as my report . . .

HC - head circumference
AC - abdominal circumference
FL - femur length
TCD - transcerebellar diameter

sonia- dont look things up! Itll make you stress more than anything. If your Dr. isnt worried, your fine hun:hugs: especially since the DS testing came back low risk.

We opted out of the quad screening so we didnt get any pre-hint on what our risk was for the baby having DS, but at the anatomy scan, he looked perfect and even though he measured 2 weeks ahead, his measurments were all ahead like that. My Dr. isnt worried at all and I dont think you should be either, your baby is alive and happy, enjoy your pregnancy dont worry about the other things :hugs:

Try not to let it get to you Sonia, everything could change by your next scan. I'm being really thick here, but I presume the graphs we got at the 20 week scans showed the different bits they measured, but each one just had initials and not the actual title of which is for what. How do I decode it?

Hey Hun, if same as my report . . .

HC - head circumference
AC - abdominal circumference
FL - femur length
TCD - transcerebellar diameter

Thanks Sonia, what is the bottom one?

I would have thought there would have been other indicators present for downs can't believe that a bit bigger tummy by itself would be an indicator?

Don't worry about the breech either, it's still very early and baby may not drop head first until right at the end.

Has anyone else started snoring since being pregnant? Dh has been waking me up to get me to roll over as I'm so bad, last night he told me I was as noisy as his dad, and we joke that he can make plaster fall off a wall!

Thanks as ever ladies, you are all wonderful.
I have STUPIDLY been online and seen what others who have had the same have said and some are saying it could be a sign of Down's syndrome, although my tests showed at low risk (I know there is still a risk), chromes disease and something else.

I'm trying not to worry and putting it down to my bmi and maybe diabetes dependant upon this GTT result. People also saying he could have been laying funny.

Also forgot to say he is breach at mo x

Like it's been said. Sorry you are worried, but I'm sure for Down Syndrome they have lots of other measurements they do, starting with the 20 weeks scan and the amount of space or water in their skulls. They would of said something already if that was their worry. :hugs: Try to give it time and try not to worry. :flower:
I don't really understand all the fuzz they have given you about your weight. I am so sure I am bigger than you (from the pics I've seen) and doctor has said nothing about it, I was so expecting it, but nothing. Maybe he is just waiting for my Glucose test to start it :shrug:

Has anyone else started snoring since being pregnant? Dh has been waking me up to get me to roll over as I'm so bad, last night he told me I was as noisy as his dad, and we joke that he can make plaster fall off a wall!

I do :haha: It starts as soon as I put my head on the pillow and I can't breath! I've been using 3 ish pillows to keep my head up to be able to sleep, but eventually get comfy and snore LOL I've woken myself up a couple of times during pregnancy hahahaha.

*MIL RANT ALERT* Do not read if don't wanna read drama! Haha.

Ok, so yesterday we were talking with MIL about when my pains start and calling them with enough time. We were on speaker and hubby heard it all... I said that I was planning on staying home 'till contractions got really close, so I didn't have to be around the hospital too much during my first stage of labor. And she said: "You know, you can go to the hospital, not register and just walk around the hospital until you are ready. You don't want to start pushing while home" I replied:"I would never wait that long. And It would be A LITTLE bit awkward to be randomly walking around the entrance in pain, and hey, what if I feel like screaming, I'd scare a lot of people" THEN SHE STARTED WITH HER CONDESCENDING/COMPARING STUFF: "I never screamed once with all my babies, I didn't think the pain was hard enough to even have to raise my voice, I don't really understand why some ladies make such a big deal with everything." UGH!!!! Yes, I get it!! All her 3 kids were given to her by an angel while she was freaking sleeping and she just said: "Uh, why thank you!" and she had her kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grr! I then went on saying:"Well, maybe not proper screaming, but too uncomfortable for people to see you, I remember my sister with her first one, she raised her voice a little" and then my MIL starting cracking up and said:", really? She haaaad to do it, huh? Weird!" Like my sister was this little wimp! She was in effin labor for 2 whole days! She was in pain, she was in her right to do so! I had to finish it up or I would of said something real bad, so I just said:"Hey, that's why only Chris is going to be in the delivery room, because if I feel the need to scream, I will."

I mean, who is she? Is she really that insecure that needs to belittle everybody else comparing them with her own superwoman powers of not ever feeling pain, or need of knowing because you are in doubt? I know she tries to prove her husband she is the best our there, but man... do it somewhere where it wont affect family ties! This is why she won a spot in the waiting room and not in there with me!

I really really really hope husband doesn't start with any of the crap he has heard from her and expect little miss sunshine while passing a watermelon threw my vagina! I told my husband yesterday that I know there must be an effort to be calm and find that zone where I'll be okay with pain, but man, knowing me, I'll probably even cuss a little while finding it!

I just wish she was nice always :( she goes from super nice to super @ss!
Sorry for the rant!!

Melly - not sure but my book says TCD: Transcerebellar Diameter, A dumb bell shaped area within the back of the head. When abnormally shaped (banana) or absent is generally associated with either a chromosome or/and spina bifida. In the second trimester is the can be numerically equivalent to the number of weeks in pregnancy . At my 21 week scan mine was 22, which if measured to gestational weeks then was 1 week ahead then.

Thanks for all of your comments ladies, I am sure like you have said that if they were worried they would have said something and they would be looking for more than one indicator. I have chatted it over with hubby and he said not to worry.

Please please please do not get me wrong, I will love our baby no matter what and am so grateful to be where we are, but just wanted to be prepared either way really.

I am so thankful for having all of you ladies here, feel I can talk to you guys about anything.xxx

I worked this morning at a new practice for the first time. Lots of introductions, as you might imagine. I mentioned how I was almost in my third trimester and this woman kept staring at me. I said (filling the silence), "Um, yeah, I am almost 27 weeks." She kept looking at me. "Out of 40." LOL. She's like, "Oh, I know. I just didn't realize you were pregnant. Your boobs are so big that they mask your belly." ACK!!!

Sorry Deedee! She sounds like a piece of work! I'm sure she screamed her head off and wants to pretend she is big and bag. Pathetic woman. Sorry you had to listen to her moronic rant!

Deedee, she sounds like a handful ! Hopefully your DH won't take on board what she is saying, does he say anything about how she goes on?

Deedee, she sounds like a handful ! Hopefully your DH won't take on board what she is saying, does he say anything about how she goes on?

Not really. Sometimes he will just say: I wonder why she does this, or that... but he doesn't really get upset at her. But he doesn't get upset with me when I'm there boiling with rage against her. He tries to just understand. He was absolutely fine with her not being at the delivery room with us, I guess because he knows.

Deedee
We all have moments like that with our mil or most of us anyways u can't take it toomuch to heart and I know thas hard expecially with all these hormones I know my mil has made me so mad that I've cried after the phone call in frustration u can vent all u want we're here :)

Here is a recall on Kellogg's cereal I'm gonna copy and paste cuz I know some of u have kids that might be eatin it maybe even some of u mommies :

On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recalled select packages of Kelloggs’ Fristed Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Sized. The recall comes due to the possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh from a faulty manufacturing part.

Recalled packages include only Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size with the letters KB, AP or FK before or after the Best If Used Before date.

The following packages are included in the recall:

Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats Bite Size Original cereal

UPC 3800031829 – 18-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB – SEP 21 2013 KB
UPC 3800073444 – 18-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB – SEP 21 2013 KB
UPC 3800031834 – 24-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB – SEP 21 2013 KB
UPC 3800046954 – 30-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB – SEP 21 2013 KB
UPC 3800031921 – 70-ounce club store carton with Better if Used Before Dates APR 01 2013 KB – JUL 29 2013 KB
UPC 3800004961 – single-serve bowl with Better if Used Before Dates between 04013 KB – 09213 KB
UPC 3800021993 – single-serve carton with Better if Used Before Dates between AP 04013 – AP 09213 or FK 04013 – FK 09213

Kellogg’s Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size cereal

UPC 3800021983 – single serve carton with Better if Used Before Dates between FK 04013 – FK 09213
UPC 3800035982 -18-ounce carton with Better if Used Before Dates between APR 01 2013 KB – SEP 21 2013 KB

If you purchased this cereal should stop eating and discard the packages. For additional information, contact Kelloggs at 800-962-1413 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, or visit Kelloggs.com.

Sonia- He is beautiful!!!

DeeDee- Oh, hun.. I am so sorry you have to deal with her overbearing know it all attitude. Hubby's parents are divorced and he's not very close with his mom, so I don't have to deal with anything much from her... but does an annoying FIL count? :haha: It's good that your hubby doesn't take sides but he should be willing to take a stand against her attitude, especially when she upsets you so much!!!

Kaiecee- Thanks for the post! I actually heard about that this morning before hubby left for work. We listen to a AM talk radio show called Coast to Coast AM and would have heard about it last night, if we stayed up late enough to hear listen to it like we used to. :haha:

sonia- he looks happy as a clam!

i feel like i should be farther along than 24 weeks.... maybe its because i want to meet my little guy so bad!

one of my friends just delivered her LO 3 weeks early and im jealous she has her baby already, im so impatient!

I forgot to ask the Dr. this at my Apt the other day, but how do they know if the baby is breech or in a "compromising position" without even doing a US to know?

My Dr. said i would only get another US if these were the cases. I just dont know how they can figure that out without looking!

I also just made the rest of my Dr. apts..... December i start going in every 2 weeks and in Jan its every week, but they way the timing falls, i will be going in to see the Dr. 5 times in Jan and even 6 times if he doenst come before my due date! thats crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->