January Jellybeans 2013!...

So I started drinking lactose free chocolate milk by silk but today I wanted real Choco milk and I threw up everything so I guess that didn't work it's weird how for all my pregnancies I can't tolerate any milk anyone else like this ?

I was like that with DD and with this one too. I drink either the Silk brand or the Simple Truth Organic brand and they keep me from being sick. I also have to stay away from all dairy though. DD is lactose intolerant and has been every since she was born and I can only assume Chloe will be too. No fun at all but maybe try cutting out all dairy. I can't tolerate it in the least. Well I take that back. Cheese is easier for me to tolerate but in small doses. The milk is the WORST. BLEH! We love the chocolate soymilk though. DD hasn't even noticed a difference. :thumbup: I'm sorry you got sick! I know it is no fun!

Oh boy may not want to watch it then, huh, DeeDee?

Oh and I left a msg for the gal who is in charge of the secret santa... Hopefully she will get back to me soon.

deedee

Your MIL is a mule!!!!! How condescending!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think women who say"labor isn't that bad" aren't lying they have nothing to gain from it. But I think women who come out traumatised by the pain and who say it was horrendous also aren't lying.

Everyones feelings and experiences are valid.

My MIL had c-sections so she's generally really nice about it.

It's unfair that people expect everyone to experience labour the same. Just because one person had it easy doesn't mean the rest will.

When I got to the hospital laboring in front of people in the hallway just to get to the birthing suites was so humiliating to me. I did everything to keep a straight face and not draw attention to myself.

My mother is the same she says she doesn't know what those women are screaming about. I just nod and say "yes mum but from first contraction to birth it's 1hr for you"

I didn't scream tho as I just felt it as useless to do so. But we all do what feels right at the time.

Pregnancy brain moment: I poured myself a bowl a milk for lunch. Didn't look right. Ah yes, I needed the cereal in it.

My tummy does the loudest growling noises this week as if I had a little monster living in there

I had my glucose test this week at my 28 week apt. They said if I don't hear anything on Thursday, that it's good news. Didn't hear anything and was happy. Then they called today and said I failed the test. I hate how they say 'failed', like I did something wrong. I just feel horrible. Meanwhile, it was a scheduling person who told me and then scheduled me for a 3 hr test to come up. She didn't tell me anything about changing diet or what I should do! Just sad :(

I had my glucose test this week at my 28 week apt. They said if I don't hear anything on Thursday, that it's good news. Didn't hear anything and was happy. Then they called today and said I failed the test. I hate how they say 'failed', like I did something wrong. I just feel horrible. Meanwhile, it was a scheduling person who told me and then scheduled me for a 3 hr test to come up. She didn't tell me anything about changing diet or what I should do! Just sad :(

I find some people in the hospital
And clinics can be insensitive

A lot of people fail the one hour and then pass the three hour. But if u do fail the 3 hour they will probably send you to a nutritionist. You could google diabetic friendly diet in the meantime. But basically cut out all sugar and try to limit your carbs. If you eat pasta and bread it's best to eat wheat. :thumbup: I'm a gestational diabetic pro if you have any questions. :haha:

I also msg'd that gal about us doing our own secret santa within our group, if you girls like the idea of that better. I kinda do, because y'all are the ones I am close to on this site.

Baby hopeful! I am a type 1 diabetic and had diabetes for 12 years now.. If u need any help whatsoever ask any questions! My sugars have been oerfect the entire oregnancy and im on insulin as well...

I am guilty tho of my sweet treats..making cinnamkn buns now as we speak haha...

I have my glucose test on Monday, as well. I'm a little nervous but hope it will be fine!

Maybe you ladies can help put my mind at ease. I have really bad sciatic pain and hip pain on my bad leg. I keep a heating pad at work and use it on my back but also on my side and the front of my leg so that it sometimes sits on my bump low and to the side. My mom asked me today if this is safe and I told her I read online that heating pads are ok since they don't raise your overall body temperature. But she got me thinking and of course I started googling. I found a site saying that you should never put it on your bump because it could be bad for the baby. Have I somehow hurt my child? If I didn't heat my hip I would be in excruciating pain! I plan on asking my doctor on monday but am looking for a little reassurance...

I actually liked a couple of.them... But they were mostly just disturbing lol

Aruppe- I don't think you've hurt your baby. But until you get the okay from our dr. maybe try putting it more to the side or on your backside, if possible?

Baby hopeful! I am a type 1 diabetic and had diabetes for 12 years now.. If u need any help whatsoever ask any questions! My sugars have been oerfect the entire oregnancy and im on insulin as well...

I am guilty tho of my sweet treats..making cinnamkn buns now as we speak haha...

now I want cinnamon buns lol

I put a heating pad directly on tummy once... But alternated it with my back and side... U have to think theres a lot of fluid, plus skin, and cushioning... Its going to take a lot to keep that temp up in the womb to affect the baby..which is why they dont recommend hot tubs... I would justalternate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->