*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Good morning/afternoon ladies!!!

I had my 2nd scan today!! I thought I was 11w5d, but it measured me at 12w1d. But they told me to keep the same due date and all. Baby's heartbeat was 153 and was dancing up a storm. It was so cool to see. We were able to see the fingers!!! I thought that was awesome. The baby looks so much like an alien, hahaha!!!

Can I tell you how relieved I am??? Now I'm excited!! Now it's time to start shopping and planning and all that fun stuff!!

Attachments

• baby M.jpg
    baby M.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
I'm finding it really interesting how they'll give you different info in different countries. At my scan, the tech wouldn't tell me anything except that there was in fact a baby and she showed us the heartbeat. However, she said the doc. is the one who would use the doppler to give us the heartbeat.

btw..I can't take total credit, I nicked that announcement off the web - yay for recycling!

I'm finding it really interesting how they'll give you different info in different countries. At my scan, the tech wouldn't tell me anything except that there was in fact a baby and she showed us the heartbeat. However, she said the doc. is the one who would use the doppler to give us the heartbeat.

btw..I can't take total credit, I nicked that announcement off the web - yay for recycling!

Can you give me a link to the announcement? I knew DH would love it!

lol Dawny I'm the same suffering so much I look like I did at 6 months...pshhhhh I'm thinking prunes should be on the next shopping list!

Anyway you all seem so much further than me...but all seem to be doing so well with your pregnancies xx

I know it's making me so bloated, half my clothes don't fit, I wouldn't mind if it was a real bump. I don't like prunes and as I'm struggling to eat foods I like I'm scarred to start new things I don't like. Lol.

I know I'm feeling the same, I feel like I've been at the same point for ages now, hurry up 12 weeks.

So I had my scan today and we saw a tiny little heartbeat!!! it was so awesome :D :D
I have a pic, but the quality is so poor that when I tried to scan it, it just came out as a huge black nothing, so I'll have to wait till next time to post a pic (sorry!)

Also found out I'm actually closer to 9wk 3-5 days (thought I was 10wks), which is kind of cool because it puts the baby's due date to January 17th (my mum's birthday!)

Wow...I'm still in shock. I've only ever had u/s up till now to receive bad news.

Oh yeah, and we put our preg. announcement on Facebook today and told the rest of our family
10478140_10154278746490052_7466835773759559939_n.jpg

Love your announcement, I really want to do something funky like that but not sure what yet??

lol Dawny I'm the same suffering so much I look like I did at 6 months...pshhhhh I'm thinking prunes should be on the next shopping list!

I've been catching up as I've been so busy with DS1 and work ahhh it's a hard life! :) I went for my 7+3 scan and little bub was measuring 1.4cm..I hope that's good, but the gyn did say dates are 7-8 weeks which was good for my dates.
My nausea seems to have calmed gradually this week, so I'm hoping it due to the placenta and nothing else to worry about, bbs are bigger than with DS1 and I'm a big moody pants....oh the joyssss! Oh and I don't know ow it's possible but I have a bump already...but maybe due to the lack of toilet trips :/

I don't have another scan until the 21st July...soooo far away :cry: so have been trying my angel sounds Doppler but can't find anything yet. Maybe too early??! Probably...

Anyway you all seem so much further than me...but all seem to be doing so well with your pregnancies xx

I started taking a magnesium supplement for my severe constipation that goes along with my IBS. I've continued taking it, and it's been the only thing that has given me consistent relief.

Mmmm I might look into that, is it available over the counter?? The lactulose works in and off and only a little bit, but it's getting worse, I'm beginning to be in pain.

Dried apricots give me the exact same results as prunes (which make me gag :flower: )

Never heard of dried apricots?? Mmmm I'm not sure id like them =\

Lvspnk and cheezy, congrats on the scans, and love your announcement CT.
Dawny, I was in lots of pain with constipation but have started eating shredded wheat and raisins for breakfast and eating more fruit and it has helped lots. I was getting really dizzy everytime I managed to go and it was worse than giving birth. Xx

Mmmm I do however like shredded wheat that will be on the next shopping list. Lol. I'm already starting to be in pain and I've had it before and I've been admitted to hospital so am trying before it gets too bad and I'm admitted....

People talk about opening there bowels in labour, at this rate I'll be very happy to and lucky. Lol :wacko:

Hope everyone has a good day. Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I get mine At our local health food store. The ones I get are 250 mg, and they recommend 1 a day. When it was really bad, I was taking up to 3 a day, but start with 1 and talk to ur dr about taking more.

Aww so many exciting scan pictures on here! Love it. How is everyone feeling? I've been feeling soo sick but always said I wouldn't complain about it and take it as a good sign! Still not very nice though ;) xxx

YAY ladies for all these wonderful scans! So encouraging :) I love seeing all these healthy little babies growing away!

I have the opposite problem as constipation :blush: I am going 3-4 times a day :shock: Sometimes I even have to get up in the middle of the night and go, which is a drag :haha: It starts with bad nausea and then I know something is coming out one end or the other :( But I guess it's better than being bunged up..? :shrug:

I am 12w tomorrow :happydance: sure came out of nowhere! But I am still sick everyday. I can't eat anything I cook, so the grocery budget has been a little out of control recently because I'm buying sushi and things to go that I can eat at home. But it's temporary. People are starting to be surprised at my bump! I should upload a pic b/c it's kind of crazy. My mum thought I photoshopped a big belly on me!

Anyone do their T21 testing yet? Which kind are you all doing? The blood test and ultrasound or just the blood test?

I'm having mine next Friday and was curious as to what actually goes on during the process (I'm getting bloods drawn and doing the ultrasound).

Can you give me a link to the announcement? I knew DH would love it!

hmm...I think I just google searched 'fun pregnancy announcements' and looked at the images that came up. If you can't find it, let me know, maybe I can email it to you or something as I don't have the link anymore.

So jealous of all the scans, iv still got ages to wait for my first one, it's not until 14th July il be about 13 weeks by then. Glad everyone is getting the reassurance that every mummy should x

So jealous of all the scans, iv still got ages to wait for my first one, it's not until 14th July il be about 13 weeks by then. Glad everyone is getting the reassurance that every mummy should x

My scan is 10th July. Feels like ages away doesn't it! xxx

It does, the only saving grace is I'm on holiday for 2 weeks before that, next week will fly by because preparing to fly out and then the next 2 weeks are guaranteed to fly by while I'm away then scan is day we get bk

So I had my scan today and we saw a tiny little heartbeat!!! it was so awesome :D :D
I have a pic, but the quality is so poor that when I tried to scan it, it just came out as a huge black nothing, so I'll have to wait till next time to post a pic (sorry!)

Also found out I'm actually closer to 9wk 3-5 days (thought I was 10wks), which is kind of cool because it puts the baby's due date to January 17th (my mum's birthday!)

Wow...I'm still in shock. I've only ever had u/s up till now to receive bad news.

Oh yeah, and we put our preg. announcement on Facebook today and told the rest of our family
10478140_10154278746490052_7466835773759559939_n.jpg

Congratulations on the amazing scan! Love the announcement too! p.s. that just so happens to be my birthday too :thumbup:

FINALLY had my 1st appt today. Right away she said she wanted to do a u/s since I've had spotting on and off. I don't think I've ever been so nervous for one in my life!! But, right away the tech told that "There's a baby with a heartbeat"!!! OMG, I was so relieved, I cried again!! HB was 166 and measuring spot on at 10 wks 3 days. :happydance:

That's wonderful luvspnk, you must be feeling soooo happy! BTW, in your name short for "loves punk"? Random question I know, but I'm curious as I love rock, indie and alt music. This will seem really silly if you do not in fact love punk...

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Snapbucket/14E49201-CF3B-4BAB-9F1F-D6B474D61D13_zps0a6lgfix.jpg

Scan went well :cloud9: Baby growing bang on!

Ah, that's fantastic BB, so happy for you!

Had a scan today at 7w 6d. Baby is 14mm with a heartbeat of 170. Everything bang on. So relieved.:happydance:

Congratulations Izzie: happy days!

Good morning/afternoon ladies!!!

I had my 2nd scan today!! I thought I was 11w5d, but it measured me at 12w1d. But they told me to keep the same due date and all. Baby's heartbeat was 153 and was dancing up a storm. It was so cool to see. We were able to see the fingers!!! I thought that was awesome. The baby looks so much like an alien, hahaha!!!

Can I tell you how relieved I am??? Now I'm excited!! Now it's time to start shopping and planning and all that fun stuff!!

You must be feeling amazing SMandel! Congratulations and happy shopping! What's first on your list?

So, I have an opinion question. We got some upsetting news this morning that my brothers wife left him for someone else. We were going to announce this week since all went well at my u/s, but I feel like we should wait right now. How long should I wait do u think? Is a week long enough, or maybe longer?? I'm just not sure. I mean, I know I'll have to say something eventually, but don't want to give the impression of trying to not care. I honestly don't think my brother or sisters would feel that way. My mom.....well, she's a different story. Just trying to avoid additional pain and drama. Thx!!

Love the scans!! It's so fun to see the baby's growing!!

So, I have an opinion question. We got some upsetting news this morning that my brothers wife left him for someone else. We were going to announce this week since all went well at my u/s, but I feel like we should wait right now. How long should I wait do u think? Is a week long enough, or maybe longer?? I'm just not sure. I mean, I know I'll have to say something eventually, but don't want to give the impression of trying to not care. I honestly don't think my brother or sisters would feel that way. My mom.....well, she's a different story. Just trying to avoid additional pain and drama. Thx!!

Love the scans!! It's so fun to see the baby's growing!!

Wow, that's a really tough one. I think a week is pretty respectful. Plus, maybe your family could use the good news. My grandmother passed away last weekend and I told my brother about her passing and the new baby at the same time. He said it actually helped b/c he needed to hear something good. I don't know though..every family is different and it's hard to know how they would take it.

I'd trust your gut feeling on this one - you know them best.

I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd a few days after my hubby's grandad had died all his family took it great as they saw it as a sign his grandad would live on but his brother took it really bad and actually text me telling me how selfish & disrespectful I was!! Even though it wasn't even me who told any of them it was my hubby & I let the decision to tell them entirely his choice as it was his grandad, I think everyone's different, maybe just take it day by day, I'm sure you'll know when it is right to tell them, good luck x

Well this week is dragging :-( my scan still seems ages away :-( I thought it would've gone fast this week as I've been so busy but nope x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->