*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

They don't do those tests here I guess because you have no choice here about keeping the baby, so either way you will have it. But I get my my doc to check the neck...

Well I've never heard of a mobile-Doppler-app. I would be scared to use it as mobile give of radiation (so I've heard)

I find the HB every time now it just above my pubic bone and so clear. I think maybe the plancenta won't be on the front this time, with DS1 it was so I didn't feel him kick until late in the pregnancy!

Even if the test came back high risk, we wouldn't change anything. It's done more for awareness and preparation. And it's pretty routine where I am. It's just expected you'll do it. On the plus side, I get fun pics!

image.jpg

That's a really good scan picture :)

I have a scan on the 30th but it's my dating scan :)

We think we're getting it done- but won't change anything for us.

It's up to us to get info from insurance to see if they'll cover it. So- we contacted them. They sent back info. Of course, I don't understand any of it- what they sent back seemed to just tell us what the scan is for, and had nothing definite on it. All I wanted was a "yes" or "no"- not a 16 page document. So.... I guess I'll be speaking with the billing dept- hopefully they'll understand insurance language!

If they don't cover it, we won't be getting a scan in 2 weeks. We may book a private one if that's the case...

This is why I love the UK.
I really feel for you girls who have to pay for everything! How does labour work? Do you have to pay loads?

Is anyone else not having the tests done? We've decided against them.

I don't get them done. I did say this time they can check the neck at scan, but only because of my age. It won't make a difference to us but would be nice to be prepared but I won't get amniocentesis done. Anything that carries a slight risk of mc is a big no no for me. I don't get flu jabs or anything, I don't think they know enough about them(just my personal choice, not looking for criticism).

because of the plan we have (which we have to pay for), insurance covers 80% of the cost and we get stuck with the other 20%. For just basic doc visit with the ob's office and for them to do the delivery (doesn't include hospital stay, meds, anesthesia, etc.) we have to pay ~$700 out of pocket. I'm scared to see what the hospital bill will be for me and baby! It also doesn't cover some of the blood tests they're running on me (been avg ~200), shots, prob the 2 ultrasounds they've done on me so far....

I don't get them done. I did say this time they can check the neck at scan, but only because of my age. It won't make a difference to us but would be nice to be prepared but I won't get amniocentesis done. Anything that carries a slight risk of mc is a big no no for me. I don't get flu jabs or anything, I don't think they know enough about them(just my personal choice, not looking for criticism).

That's exactly how I am. I had no vaccinations or tests done with Tristan either.
I am going to look into the Whooping Cough one this time though because it's really dangerous for newborns.

@SC that is terrifying! That is a lot of money even with insurance! Thank goodness for the NHS.

Yeah I am considering whooping cough but still unsure xx

This is why I love the UK.
I really feel for you girls who have to pay for everything! How does labour work? Do you have to pay loads?

I'm not sure where scgirl is located, but I'm in the US and I could get the testing, ins would pay for it, but we have chosen not to. The downs test isn't 100% without an amnio and I won't have one of those. I figure why worry? It wouldn't change anything.

It really depends on your insurance plan, and what your employer pays into. I don't have to pay a dime for maternity care or delivery.

Nausea with a vengeance today. Made dinner, sat down, then gave it all to OH, minus some spoonfuls of rice! Had to hit the biscuit tin and ice lolly instead. Can't wait for the nausea to settle down!

How do other people stem the nausea?

I'm struggling with it too. I find eating little and often helps and then using a tongue scraper afterwards. The taste in my mouth makes nausea worse.

Talking of the NHS, I just had my maternity exemption certificate through and they spelt my name wrong! Have emailed them so hopefully they'll send me a new one. It's not even a hard name to spell! ;)

I'm not getting any of the tests done, I didn't with my other 3 either, no matter what the results came back it wouldn't change anything so I didn't see there being any point, I am having the jabs though, my niece caught whooping cough when she was just 2wks old & nearly died with it so I'm not risking it & I have the flu jab every year anyway as I had fly a few years ago which led to pheaumonia not nice xx

& the heart rate app is safe, you have to turn it to airplane mode before you use it so there's no risk to baby x

I'm struggling with it too. I find eating little and often helps and then using a tongue scraper afterwards. The taste in my mouth makes nausea worse.

I didn't have my usual porridge for breakfast. That seems to help through the day, so going back to it tomorrow! I had a bad taste with first pregnancy. Drank so much lemon squash I ended up with ulcers. Doesn't seem a problem with taste this time, but may be too early still.

Yay I've downloaded an app on my phone to pick up baby's heartbeat, it's obviously not as good as a Doppler but thought it'd do me while I was trying to convince hubby to let me have 1, anyway after a bit of searching it found baby's heartbeat!! Between 158-162 beats!! Couldn't believe it, I didn't think it would this early as it recommends to use from 3rd tri for the best results I'm happy now xx

What is this app please?? My boyfriend won't let me buy a Doppler but if I could have this it would be awesome. Xxxx

We are having them done, not that it changes anything. I just want to be able to buy more special things and do my research. Xxxxx

That's a really good scan picture :)

I have a scan on the 30th but it's my dating scan :)

Same as me. I'm so excited it's taking ages. My midwife comes to the house tomorrow. Panicking about it being super tidy while we are decorating =\ lol xxxx

Talking of the NHS, I just had my maternity exemption certificate through and they spelt my name wrong! Have emailed them so hopefully they'll send me a new one. It's not even a hard name to spell! ;)

I don't have any information about that yet. How do I apply for one??

Hope everyone is okiee today.

Can't decide how we will announce on Facebook yet there are so many options xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->