*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Hi ladies,

Well what a day so far woke up this morning feeling rather lousy with pains in my stomach & lower back but thought oh it'll be fine got the kids ready for school & my eldest ready for his overnight trip with school & got on my way, on the school run I felt awful so I phoned my midwife who told me to make an emergency appt at the drs, went to see me doctor who is absolutely lovely she checked my urine & sent it off & had my bloods done while I was waiting to get my bloods done she phoned the hospital & to give me & her some reasurance she's booked me in for a scan tomorrow!! She is fab, she's positive everything is fine with me & baby & thinks the pains are just stretching pains but to put both our minds at ease she wants me to have it before Monday I love my doctor!!! So I'm hoping as I'm only going to the early scan place tomorrow just for a reasurance scan I'll still get my dating scan Monday too, well fingers crossed as my hubby's working away this week so he won't be able to come tomorrow & he's already booked Monday off xx

That's so great that the Dr was so thorough; good luck with the scan tomorrow! You'll still get your dating scan I think. I'm booked in for another reassurance scan on the 30th, and will still have my dating scan next month :thumbup:

Thank you ladies for all your well wishes! Everything looked great I was nervous for nothing!! She said I was measuring a few days ahead but to keep my due date as the same. She said the heart rate looked great and I could see it flickering on the screen but she didn't give me a number. I'm so relieved !

Lovely scan, congrats!

I had my booking in appointment today. For some reason though I started feeling really anxious during it. It's hard to explain, but I think its that having been through 3 losses (2 mc and 1 molar pregnancy), I've found it difficult to really let go and believe that this is happening. I realised how scared I am! I already love this baby so much, y'know? I don't know...could use some hugs ladies! x

Hugs to u buddy.

Im going away to egypt on Sunday, does anyone have any advice for me? Iv never been abroad pregnant (first pregnancy) so it's all new to me. I no obvious stuff like watching that the food is piping hot and don't drink their water or eat anything washed in their water but other than that I feel like I need a holiday guide to sit next to me and tell me what I should and shouldn't do lol. I have my first scan on the day I get back so at least it will be the perfect end to the holiday.

Yay I've downloaded an app on my phone to pick up baby's heartbeat, it's obviously not as good as a Doppler but thought it'd do me while I was trying to convince hubby to let me have 1, anyway after a bit of searching it found baby's heartbeat!! Between 158-162 beats!! Couldn't believe it, I didn't think it would this early as it recommends to use from 3rd tri for the best results I'm happy now xx

What is this app please?? My boyfriend won't let me buy a Doppler but if I could have this it would be awesome. Xxxx

Is anyone else not having the tests done? We've decided against them.

We are having them done, not that it changes anything. I just want to be able to buy more special things and do my research. Xxxxx

That's a really good scan picture :)

I have a scan on the 30th but it's my dating scan :)

Same as me. I'm so excited it's taking ages. My midwife comes to the house tomorrow. Panicking about it being super tidy while we are decorating =\ lol xxxx

Talking of the NHS, I just had my maternity exemption certificate through and they spelt my name wrong! Have emailed them so hopefully they'll send me a new one. It's not even a hard name to spell! ;)

I don't have any information about that yet. How do I apply for one??

Hope everyone is okiee today.

Can't decide how we will announce on Facebook yet there are so many options xxxxxxx

Hi Dawnyybus,

My midwife gave me the form to fill out for it at my booking in appointment so maybe check with her? We've also been trying to decide how to announce on facebook! Want to make it special :) xxx

Is anyone else huffing and puffing? I know why I'm doing it, but my DH is already commenting on it! I remember it from last time, but sometimes it's like I cannot get enough air in!

Hey ladies, hope all is well..

Had a doc appt today. 2 days away from 12 weeks! I cannot believe it really. Especially after three miscarriages and not making it out of week 6 or 7...quite relieved but still cauyious of course. My doppler has been keeping me a bit sane. Little milestones, right?

They took me off of progesterone twice a day to only once a day I found out. Anyone know why that is? It has me super nervous now since I started 200mg 2x day to 200mg in day and 100mg at night and now only 100mg once a day.

So of course that freaks me out lol.

i got told by one doc i could totally stop my progesterone at 10 weeks. another at the same place told me 13. when i asked about that, they said anytime between is fine. I'm taking 'till 13 'cause I'm paranoid.

I imagine it's because the placenta should be producing it by now, so you don't really need to take it. Usually it's stopped cold-turkey.

This is why I love the UK.
I really feel for you girls who have to pay for everything! How does labour work? Do you have to pay loads?

Well, you pay loads into you NHS to receive your "free" services so they're not really free by comparison. We don't have to do that :winkwink:

We choose and pay for what coverage we want privately instead of paying the government to choose it for us and decide what we're entitled to receive. The plus side is, most (American's anyway) then also get to choose their doctor, the care the receive and when they receive it. If I want to go in and see an OB right this second I can. If I want a scan tomorrow morning, I can get one. If I want bloodwork done, or to deliver at a specific hospital, with a very specific birth plan - it's 100% under my control.

Under our plan through hubs work we pay $120 a month for our premium. From there most basic care is covered 100%. Other services or more in depth treatments are covered 90% by the insurance company/10% by us. If in a given year we end up paying $2000 out of pocket everything beyond that is 100% covered. Dental is included. 2 free visits a year for everyone in our family, sealants for the kids, it's around 90/10 for things like fillings, crowns, implants etc. The only thing that's going to bite us in the next few years is orthodontics are NOT! So ouch there. I have no idea if NHS covers that, if it does then I will admit a pinch of jealousy lol

Aside from that I love private care and am more than happy to privately pay for it!!!

Had a doc appt today. 2 days away from 12 weeks! I cannot believe it really. Especially after three miscarriages and not making it out of week 6 or 7...quite relieved but still cauyious of course. My doppler has been keeping me a bit sane. Little milestones, right?

They took me off of progesterone twice a day to only once a day I found out. Anyone know why that is? It has me super nervous now since I started 200mg 2x day to 200mg in day and 100mg at night and now only 100mg once a day.

Doing IVF I had no corpus luteum post ovulation to produce progesterone naturally (they don't allow you to ovulate at all). I was put on supplements (same as you, 200mg a day) and was able to come off them at 8ish weeks cold turkey when bloodwork showed my levels were plenty high. At that point the placentas took over production so if they're weaning you at 12 weeks you're producing plenty to safely do so now.

Beyond that, if your doc ever alters your meds please don't be afraid to ask them why so you have that reassurance!

I hardly pay anything into the NHS. I think it's about £2 a month. We have to pay for Dental Care but I only tend to have to go once a year. I have a medical exception card whilst pregnant which covers me up until baby is 1 year old meaning my prescriptions and dental care are free.

I am an Orthodontic Nurse and yes it is free on the NHS up until the age of 18 but only if there is a clinical need. The NHS won't do it for cosmetic reasons.

I must admit there are pros and cons to the NHS. I luckily haven't really had any problems with appointments etc I've requested extra scans this time and been given them straight away.

They had me stop progesterone at 10 weeks. Eventually, the placenta produces enough on its own.

Hi ladies,

Well what a day so far woke up this morning feeling rather lousy with pains in my stomach & lower back but thought oh it'll be fine got the kids ready for school & my eldest ready for his overnight trip with school & got on my way, on the school run I felt awful so I phoned my midwife who told me to make an emergency appt at the drs, went to see me doctor who is absolutely lovely she checked my urine & sent it off & had my bloods done while I was waiting to get my bloods done she phoned the hospital & to give me & her some reasurance she's booked me in for a scan tomorrow!! She is fab, she's positive everything is fine with me & baby & thinks the pains are just stretching pains but to put both our minds at ease she wants me to have it before Monday I love my doctor!!! So I'm hoping as I'm only going to the early scan place tomorrow just for a reasurance scan I'll still get my dating scan Monday too, well fingers crossed as my hubby's working away this week so he won't be able to come tomorrow & he's already booked Monday off xx

That's so great that the Dr was so thorough; good luck with the scan tomorrow! You'll still get your dating scan I think. I'm booked in for another reassurance scan on the 30th, and will still have my dating scan next month :thumbup:

Thank you ladies for all your well wishes! Everything looked great I was nervous for nothing!! She said I was measuring a few days ahead but to keep my due date as the same. She said the heart rate looked great and I could see it flickering on the screen but she didn't give me a number. I'm so relieved !

Lovely scan, congrats!

I had my booking in appointment today. For some reason though I started feeling really anxious during it. It's hard to explain, but I think its that having been through 3 losses (2 mc and 1 molar pregnancy), I've found it difficult to really let go and believe that this is happening. I realised how scared I am! I already love this baby so much, y'know? I don't know...could use some hugs ladies! x

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hiya Ladies:) Any of you ladies feeling 'wet' down there(tmi, sorry)? I keep thinking I'm bleeding, but its just cm! Its just weird that there's so much of it!

Omg! This happened during my entire pg with DD1! It was so annoying!!

I'm on progesterone 400mg twice a day, but in week 11 I have to cut down gradually and then be off all meds by week 12.

Hi ladies well I've had my scan & everything's great, she didn't take any measurements today as I've got my dating scan on Monday but she had a good look round, baby wouldn't stay still & has got very long legs!! She said if she had to guess she'd say 12-13wks so I'm guessing we'll find out for definate on Monday (p.s. I'm sure it's another boy)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 13
Glad all is ok. Thats fab that you are getting to go on mon still xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member