*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Mention it to your midwife tomorrow. She should give you a form. I got mine at my booking in appointment.

Is anyone else not having the tests done? We've decided against them.

We have chosen to not get the tests done. A positive result wouldn't change anything for us, besides make us worry. I also hear about how it can be common to have false positives with the Down Syndrome test. I just want to enjoy my pregnancy and then deal with things as they come if there ends up being problems later.

This is why I love the UK.
I really feel for you girls who have to pay for everything! How does labour work? Do you have to pay loads?

My husband and I will be paying out the nose. We have a high deductible plan, which means we have to pay $3000 out of pocket first before insurance will cover anything at all. We choose this plan because the monthly premiums are low, I think we pay only $100 per month for it. For the low deductible plan, we would have to pay between $600 and $700 per month, PLUS we would still be paying at least $1200 for the delivery. I think that's outrageous. We'd rather just pay for the services rendered as they come. I've already paid $800 in bills, as we are charged for any bloodwork and ultrasounds immediately. I shouldn't have to worry about another bill again for awhile though. I believe we'll probably end up shelling out over $6000 when this is all said and done. We have been preparing for this and had some money saved up.

Nausea with a vengeance today. Made dinner, sat down, then gave it all to OH, minus some spoonfuls of rice! Had to hit the biscuit tin and ice lolly instead. Can't wait for the nausea to settle down!

How do other people stem the nausea?

What's been really helping me is chewing gum constantly. I feel somewhat guilty about it though, since gum has artificial sweeteners in it and I know that's not necessarily good. Before getting pregnant, I was 100% artificial sweetener free. Right now it's what helps the most though, so I'm trying not to worry about it. Just trying to survive so I'm not gagging all day long. I've been eating every 1-2 hours too, but sometimes that doesn't even help.

We don't have to pay here either, well I pay 100 euro's a month out of my wage every month for national security (NI) so I guess I do pay in a way.

My sickness came back yesterday it took a 4 day break, got me super worried then returned! I can't stop eating too, this pregnancy is completely different!

I'm starting to put ds1 next to me now not on my lap as I get this sort of pressing pressure pain above my pubic bone, I think my uterus is already moving up...i'm dreading to be too big for cuddles with my little one. On that note I'm always so afraid when lifting and carrying Ds1 all the time, but so far so good!

I'm with you on the gum thing, I wish I could have it but I can't find any that are not sugar free..I don't like the effects aspartame can do on a fetus so I won't risk it.

Even if the test came back high risk, we wouldn't change anything. It's done more for awareness and preparation. And it's pretty routine where I am. It's just expected you'll do it. On the plus side, I get fun pics!

View attachment 777783

Amazing photo! It's so clear :happydance:

Nausea with a vengeance today. Made dinner, sat down, then gave it all to OH, minus some spoonfuls of rice! Had to hit the biscuit tin and ice lolly instead. Can't wait for the nausea to settle down!

How do other people stem the nausea?

I'm with you on the nausea; I felt pretty rotten today and had to do a stealth retch when I was dropping DS off at nursery! For me it's smells that set it off, and having an empty stomach. I need to eat more regularly but I forget to eat until the yucky feeling creeps back...urgh! I have zero advice, but just wanted to sympathise :hugs:

We don't have to pay here either, well I pay 100 euro's a month out of my wage every month for national security (NI) so I guess I do pay in a way.

My sickness came back yesterday it took a 4 day break, got me super worried then returned! I can't stop eating too, this pregnancy is completely different!

I'm starting to put ds1 next to me now not on my lap as I get this sort of pressing pressure pain above my pubic bone, I think my uterus is already moving up...i'm dreading to be too big for cuddles with my little one. On that note I'm always so afraid when lifting and carrying Ds1 all the time, but so far so good!

I worry about the lifting and carrying too, and feel so, so bad when I say no to carrying DS, but I don't want to strain anything at the same time. It's extra hard right now as we've not told him yet. I think it'll be a lot easier once he knows why Mummy can't do some stuff. I think he reckons I'm just getting lazy!

I chose to have the scan done this time. Which will be Thursday. No it doesn't change anything. This is my baby and I am already absolutely in love with him or her. However I chose to get it done because I'm now 31. Have had 1 miscarriage and 3 chemicals. After that it kinda jades you a little. I want to be prepared just in case. While it won't change anything I want to be mentally prepped and not shocked. Plus I get another scan and that is never bad in my book.

We have a high deductible plan as well. Which means we also have to pay out $3,000 but then when we hit $6000 we also get a check back for that $3,000. No it makes no sense. With all the hospital procedures and the miscarriage last year that $3000 sure came in handy. Another new policy is that the hospital we are at I have to pay a percentage of it by 28 weeks. Which is $4190 according to them. So from there my mind gave up calculations. It's a mess and thankfully my mother in law in an insurance adjuster.

I'm no longer a January jellybean! Been put forward so now due 31st Dec!!

I won't be getting the downs screening tests down. I have read about high false positives AND false negatives, so for me the anxiety would not be worth it. At 22 weeks with DD they told me she had a white marker on her brain and didn't know what it was and wanted to rescan and see it again - it was very stressful and I ended up saying no to anymore scans as they would not be able to determine what it was or give any answers! And so far so good with my little love <3

In BC we pay monthly into the health care system, on a sliding scale depending on income OR we have benefits through work and co-pay with the employer. The result is that I pay no money upfront for any services. It's great. I can't imagine having to fork up hundreds or thousands of dollars to give birth! Pregnancy and child birth can already be a time of less income with appointments and sickness, etc.

I feel like it's safe to say morning sickness is SLOWLY creeping away. I still puked twice today. Water the first time and bile the second. Gross. For me it's worst when my stomach is empty - so mornings (aka 4am) and then if I don't eat every other hour or so.
I'm having a really hard time with what to eat. Anything I cook I can't eat. So I've been eating lots of fruit. But I've had so much bread and crackers I no longer want any. I wish I had someone to cook for me! then I would probably be able to eat more! Today my mum sent food over to me on a float plane! She loves me <3
And it's almost time for my second dinner :haha: I find I can only eat small amounts.

Last night some friends came over with Indian food - which I normally love, and I couldn't stomach any :( soooo ready to be feeling better and eating and drinking again!

BuddyIV - At least you will be able to make DS1 understand my DS1 is still only 8 months, I know I must be crazy having another so soon. I really thought I wouldn't have another after taking so long to conceive DS1 tbh!

It seems so expensive for those in America, it's true it's costly enough to have a baby without the medical bills to worry about!

Floatingbaby - Errrrr float boat?? What happened to good old meals on wheels?? :hehe:

Hi ladies:) was long last on bnb! I went for the downs blood test today, its kinda a must here where I am. I don't mind either way, I'll be happy(am so inlove already). Only get results next friday when I go for my scan. Here in South Africa, dh pays monthly on medical aid(insurance) for me, him & dd. I don't have to pay anything when I deliver these 2 munchkins, so that takes some stress away. Hope all you ladies are doing ok and that those who are still experiencing nausea, get some relief from it soon! Mine is slowly going away, but if I think of something gross or I smell something weird, it just comes back:(

Hi ladies,

Well what a day so far woke up this morning feeling rather lousy with pains in my stomach & lower back but thought oh it'll be fine got the kids ready for school & my eldest ready for his overnight trip with school & got on my way, on the school run I felt awful so I phoned my midwife who told me to make an emergency appt at the drs, went to see me doctor who is absolutely lovely she checked my urine & sent it off & had my bloods done while I was waiting to get my bloods done she phoned the hospital & to give me & her some reasurance she's booked me in for a scan tomorrow!! She is fab, she's positive everything is fine with me & baby & thinks the pains are just stretching pains but to put both our minds at ease she wants me to have it before Monday I love my doctor!!! So I'm hoping as I'm only going to the early scan place tomorrow just for a reasurance scan I'll still get my dating scan Monday too, well fingers crossed as my hubby's working away this week so he won't be able to come tomorrow & he's already booked Monday off xx

I hope everything is ok mrs. Sounds like you have a lovely doc and mw xx

Thank you xx
She is fab! I honestly thought it was a water infection with feeling so rubbish, it's how I felt when I had 1 a few weeks ago I'm
Still feeling some flutters too which does put my mind at ease abit (hopefully) & when she's examined my stomach today she said everything feels fine & where it should be for 12-13 weeks!! So maybe I am a little further but who knows hopefully I'll get abit more of an idea tomorrow xx

Ahh I'm so nervous!! I have my dating ultrasound in 1 hour and I'm so anxious they aren't going to find a heartbeat since most if my symptoms stopped at 7 weeks. I want to tell my dd today so fingers crossed everything is fine!

Thank you ladies for all your well wishes! Everything looked great I was nervous for nothing!! She said I was measuring a few days ahead but to keep my due date as the same. She said the heart rate looked great and I could see it flickering on the screen but she didn't give me a number. I'm so relieved !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79