*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Love the bump pics so far! Thanks for posting them! I really need to take one before I get too far along.

Yours were quite comforting because Sunday I ran into an acquaintance who is 5mths along and I'm already bigger than she is. I starting going, "omgosh, maybe I'm gaining too much weight or something" but now, seeing your bumps I realize I'm quite average and she's got a tiny one.

Weird, I never thought I'd become a 'bump comparer'. I guess I just love the reassurance that everything is relatively normal in there.

I'm loving everyone's scan pictures :) can't believe that we are in or nearly in 2nd tri! :happydance:

I need a rant of a rant though if that is okay. Now that everyone at my work knows I'm pregnant I'm constantly getting asked personal and imo inappropriate questions. One staff member asked if this pregnancy was planned....I was having a bad day, don't really like her and was shocked at being asked in the middle of the staff room it took a lot for me to not answer about how we had been trying for over a year and had two losses! So i could shut jer up, that or tell her tomind her own business. Instead I just smiled sweetly and said yes....I'm surprised I got asked really I mean I've been married over a year and work I childcare so it's pretty clear I like kids. Two other staff members spent a large proportion of lunch break saying things like I will not be able to love my baby or bond with it before birth if I don't know the gender and that it is not as exciting being pregnant if you don't know. I find these comments quite upsetting and wish they would leave me alone!!

What a div :growlmad:
We will be finding out the gender but not so we can bond more. It's because I'm impatient :lol: I don't believe knowing will make the bond any stronger. I love this baby so much already and don't know the sex yet.

AFM - I'm kind of celebrating this morning. 2nd tri :happydance: 2nd tri :happydance: 2nd tri :happydance: 2nd tri :happydance: 2nd tri :happydance: I honestly didn't think we would get this far. Feels like such a massive milestone!

Congrats bb.
0203, I actually posted a thread in 2nd tri about people being so rude. I find it offensive that friends and family have asked if my little nugget was planned. A few people have replied that they don't find it rude, but I do. I would never ask anybody that xx

Oh and my dh said last night that he wants to find out at 20 week scan, but not to bond, just because we can't decide on a boy name and he wants us to have time to choose if it is a boy xx

I think I have the start of a bump!
I thought id be bigger quicker with this being baby number 2 but seems not!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
Ranting here! Phoned hospital again this morning. They didn't get the referral gp sent on 12th June, so I got them to resend it last Friday and it is still not there. What is going on? However did speak to a different lady today who was very helpful and told me I can self refer on line and she will call this afternoon or in the morning to get me an appointment ASAP. She asked if I could do this weekend. Normally that would be fine, but this weekend we are going away to celebrate my 40th birthday from a few weeks ago, so that's out too. Life is complicated!

That is such an personal question, I really don't understand why it's become to acceptable to ask.

If you were feeling extra cheeky (which I'd love to do but I'm not sure if I'd ever have the guts to get away with it), you could say:

A) "So, what you really want to know is if my partner and I are inept at using contraception?"

B) "yes, it was planned, and you would not believe how many times we got to have amazingly hot sex to make it happen. The practicing was fantastic!"

That should scare them off.

RE: baby bonding/gender - that's a new one! I've never heard that before. Since when is gender linked to the love people have for their children? As if you might love it more of less if it's not your 'ideal' gender. So odd. I guess you could ask them if they love their girl children more than their boy children?

I'm loving everyone's scan pictures :) can't believe that we are in or nearly in 2nd tri! :happydance:

I need a rant of a rant though if that is okay. Now that everyone at my work knows I'm pregnant I'm constantly getting asked personal and imo inappropriate questions. One staff member asked if this pregnancy was planned....I was having a bad day, don't really like her and was shocked at being asked in the middle of the staff room it took a lot for me to not answer about how we had been trying for over a year and had two losses! So i could shut jer up, that or tell her tomind her own business. Instead I just smiled sweetly and said yes....I'm surprised I got asked really I mean I've been married over a year and work I childcare so it's pretty clear I like kids. Two other staff members spent a large proportion of lunch break saying things like I will not be able to love my baby or bond with it before birth if I don't know the gender and that it is not as exciting being pregnant if you don't know. I find these comments quite upsetting and wish they would leave me alone!!

That is ridiculous. I've never heard about being unable to bond with the baby because you don't know the gender. I'm sure people give you a hard time because they're just selfish and they want to know the gender themselves! lol. I've actually been given a hard time by my coworker because I AM finding out the sex. She thinks I should have it be a surprise and that it's more special that way. I didn't know I was supposed to live my life by her terms! She also keeps pushing me for the baby names we've picked out. I flat out told her I don't care to hear people's opinions about my names, so we are not telling people. And I'm SURE she would be the type to give me her opinion!!

I think I have the start of a bump!
I thought id be bigger quicker with this being baby number 2 but seems not!

Awesome bump!! I'm showing probably about the same as you, maybe SLIGHTLY smaller but this is my first. Finally bought my first set of maternity clothes!:cloud9:

That is such an personal question, I really don't understand why it's become to acceptable to ask.

If you were feeling extra cheeky (which I'd love to do but I'm not sure if I'd ever have the guts to get away with it), you could say:

A) "So, what you really want to know is if my partner and I are inept at using contraception?"

B) "yes, it was planned, and you would not believe how many times we got to have amazingly hot sex to make it happen. The practicing was fantastic!"

That should scare them off.

RE: baby bonding/gender - that's a new one! I've never heard that before. Since when is gender linked to the love people have for their children? As if you might love it more of less if it's not your 'ideal' gender. So odd. I guess you could ask them if they love their girl children more than their boy children?

I don't mind too badly if people ask if this was planned, but I've had hardly anyone ask me. Most people knew I was trying. Although, when I called my grandma to tell her, the first thing out of her mouth was "so was this an accident or WHAT?" I was pretty offended by that. The way she said it made it sound like there's no way that this could have been planned because I'm such an idiot. That's why I hardly visit her anymore, lol.

Today I was asked how long I was trying for. It's getting ridiculous now! My new answer to "omg how could you not find out gender" is going to be "because it annoys you all so much" I really can't wait for my holiday off of work!!!

Hi ladies I am due 1-23-15 and wondered if I could join you all? I am married to an awesome man and have 2 amazing boys that are 11 and 6. This is our 6th pregnancy after ttc for 4 years. 3 angel babies and hoping this baby stays, as it is our last time trying for emotional reasons. Have been scared to do anything more than read posts but am approaching 12 weeks tomorrow so am cautiously hopeful. I have had a big bleed with this pregnancy @ 6 weeks and was sure I had lost it but scan was ok w/ heartbeat but progesterone was only 7.8 so was put on supplements and still am right now. had a scan @ 9wks hb was 157. Tomorrow I go in again but am so scared they will say no hb. wish I could stop worrying. Look forward to talking w/ you all!

Hi ladies I am due 1-23-15 and wondered if I could join you all? I am married to an awesome man and have 2 amazing boys that are 11 and 6. This is our 6th pregnancy after ttc for 4 years. 3 angel babies and hoping this baby stays, as it is our last time trying for emotional reasons. Have been scared to do anything more than read posts but am approaching 12 weeks tomorrow so am cautiously hopeful. I have had a big bleed with this pregnancy @ 6 weeks and was sure I had lost it but scan was ok w/ heartbeat but progesterone was only 7.8 so was put on supplements and still am right now. had a scan @ 9wks hb was 157. Tomorrow I go in again but am so scared they will say no hb. wish I could stop worrying. Look forward to talking w/ you all!

Hi! Good luck for your scan tomorrow hun. I've got my 12 week scan tomorrow and am also due on the 23rd! :) Feeling a bit nervous about the scan too, this is my first baby xxx

Hi ladies :hi: I've not been on for a while, but it's been lovely to read through and see all the beautiful scan photos and the beginnings of our January bumps!

Welcome ca154853: congratulations on your pregnancy! So sorry for your losses, it's so hard going through that over and over again. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

To join in with some of the chat, I've lost a bit of weight so far (about 7lbs), but I know I'll put it back on eventually. I'm a healthy weight for my height, so I'm not overly concerned with putting on weight, as long as it stays within the 'normal' range. Healthy eating is really important to me, for all my family, but I did really enjoy the strawberry ice-cream I just ate :haha:

I can't believe some of the comments you're all getting already! People are so forward with their opinions! I'm not keen on telling people the names we like, as I honestly don't want to hear what they think, or what horrible associations they might happen to have with a name. As for finding out gender and bonding with your pregnancy...it makes no difference! We didn't find out with DS and I loved him from the minute I knew he was there: nothing would've ever changed that. It's exactly the same with this one...unconditional love :thumbup:

As for a bump, I definitely starting to get one! It's still pretty small, but its definitely there (I'm already rubbing my tiny bump as if I'm 8 months along!) :cloud9:

Welcome! I too am on progesterone as we had ivf frozen cycle. I had two bleeds early on as well and was signed off work for 5 weeks until 12 week scan. That should be next week and I can't wait to see the baby again. I also have to start coming off the meds starting tomorrow so I will be drug free by 12 weeks. I'll be glad not to have to get up and inject and take all the pills etc, but it is going to be a scary time!

I finally got my booking appointment - tomorrow 6.30pm. Hurray!

Hello ladies, I've been lurking for a while but too shy to say hello till now!:blush: I too have my scan tomorrow, baby number 3 for us and think I'm due the 23rd. Looking forward to sharing the rest of this exciting journey with you all! Xx

Here is my 14 week bump photo

Attachments

• 14 weeks.jpg
    14 weeks.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 8

I have a lady like that at work always criticising me, what I eat, how I act etc... It's none of her business. I'm getting asked a lot if bub was planned, which I do find abit rude but don't mind saying no he wasn't but we don't care we are still super excited.

I've got a bump photo but it's not brilliant 14+1 I'm not even sure that is a real bump as I'm still so constipated it might be bloat....

Xxxxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5
That is awesome congrats! Can't wait to see your update tomorrow! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->