*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Hey ca, I think we're due same day...23rd? My ticker is wrong and it won't let me on to change it lol. I did online shopping last night in bed, got boys and girls stuff thinking well the other gender stuff with either do as gifts or future babies but then I decided not to buy it all lol. I don't mind getting given stuff but that first purchase I make (other than reusable nappies) will be like a little milestone lol I wanna do a shopping spree lol

Yes we are! Not sure how to change the ticker I just figured out how to upload a pic lol! Is this first baby? I find that window shopping on amazon and adding stuff to my registry helps ease the urges :p That way I just remove it later if its wrong with out hassle of returns :winkwink:

I'm more of a going into the shop and seeing what I want sort of person lol. Il wait until the gender scan then go on the shop. I don't no why because I still intend to buy a lot of neutral to use for future children but I think it will be even more real then. Yes this is my first what about u?

This will be my third:) As it is your first baby I certainly recommend going in person and seeing whats out there. :thumbup: Once I find out gender I will be looking through stores also lol. So happy for you it is such an exciting time especially your first imo. :happydance: They say 20-24 weeks to feel movement for first timers but I was about 16 with my first. This one i 'think' i feel a flutter every couple days but nothing where I can say yes thats it lol. Hopefully we will feel our lil :baby: s soon :flower:

I brought something today but was rushing so picked up wrong size n got tiny baby by accident so need to go and swap it for a bigger size. My oh response was it's started lol. It's a 6 piece set (hat, mitts, boots, bib, grow and sleep suit) for only £7 so I thought why not.

That sounds super cute! You should post a pic! :) I am a newborn photographer and I can tell you most of my babies don't fit into the 0-3 for a bit (week or 2) Babies 8lbs or up usually fit well but I had a 10lb 8oz that poor mommy couldn't fit him into anything she brought. :shrug: So I agree it might be worth bringing just in case :winkwink:

The body pillow works! Two nights of decent sleep...ahhh.

I found one at Costco for $15 (the preg-store was selling them for $70) - so if you are near a Costco, it might be worth taking a look.

Funny though, in the morning, it always looks like someone is still sleeping in our bed bc the pillow is so big :)

news story i saw the other morning, but found interesting- figure some of y'all might too :)

https://www.today.com/parents/fetuses-can-learn-nursery-rhymes-moms-voice-study-finds-1D79962083

Unfortunately the file is too big to upload a pic of it so il try taking a pic of it again tomorrow as I'm in bed now, having that is making me go all gooey....is it January yet??

I was planning on getting a couple of newborn outfits and some 0-3 months but wasn't planning on getting tiny baby ones, but I will keep this one in case it is a small baby and at least il have something to bring the nipper home in and then send oh out to pick other stuff up.
I'm really trying to battle the urge to look at private scans lol, my scan is only just over a month away and I'm sure the time will go really quick but I want to no, I'm so impatient, I want to feel the baby, see the baby, hold the baby, smell the baby lol and I want it all now!

I'm exactly the same, I baby sat my friends 4 month old baby yesterday and it was so lovely I am even more excited for my little one to arrive!

I think it's just having the outfit, sounds daft but made me feel closer to my baby and feel more love for it, up.until now it's just been the baby iv got growing in me and didn't relate too much because iv only seen it once and even the pic seems surreal and I haven't felt it or anything but I was starting to feel very much like I want it to be January now and just have my baby....my oh was right the spending has started, I now want to go shopping properly lol

I got a outfit like that from morrisons, I started looking at Moses baskets and travel cots on eBay today so possibly nuking them over the next week or so... I want everything now.... Make time go faster please. Xxxxxx

Broached the baby shopping subject, he's subtly changed the subject lol, he keeps telling me there's loads of time lol

am I the only one who's not quite into the baby shopping yet? I just can't get excited about all the cute clothes, blankets, or anything! I am happy about #3 but I just can't get into it yet! Mom and sis keep pointing out baby outfits but I don't think any are cute. :(

I'm to scared to shop. I think we will start after our gender scan or 20 weeks scan.

20 week scan also has terrible memories for me. I feel blessed that this time they will see me at 14 weeks and 16 weeks for extra early scans ... But now I'm worried for the 14 week scan next Thursday!

:hugs: good luck for your scan hun.

Hey ca, I think we're due same day...23rd? My ticker is wrong and it won't let me on to change it lol. I did online shopping last night in bed, got boys and girls stuff thinking well the other gender stuff with either do as gifts or future babies but then I decided not to buy it all lol. I don't mind getting given stuff but that first purchase I make (other than reusable nappies) will be like a little milestone lol I wanna do a shopping spree lol

Yes we are! Not sure how to change the ticker I just figured out how to upload a pic lol! Is this first baby? I find that window shopping on amazon and adding stuff to my registry helps ease the urges :p That way I just remove it later if its wrong with out hassle of returns :winkwink:

I'm more of a going into the shop and seeing what I want sort of person lol. Il wait until the gender scan then go on the shop. I don't no why because I still intend to buy a lot of neutral to use for future children but I think it will be even more real then. Yes this is my first what about u?

This will be my third:) As it is your first baby I certainly recommend going in person and seeing whats out there. :thumbup: Once I find out gender I will be looking through stores also lol. So happy for you it is such an exciting time especially your first imo. :happydance: They say 20-24 weeks to feel movement for first timers but I was about 16 with my first. This one i 'think' i feel a flutter every couple days but nothing where I can say yes thats it lol. Hopefully we will feel our lil :baby: s soon :flower:

I brought something today but was rushing so picked up wrong size n got tiny baby by accident so need to go and swap it for a bigger size. My oh response was it's started lol. It's a 6 piece set (hat, mitts, boots, bib, grow and sleep suit) for only £7 so I thought why not.

you never know hun you might need those ;) I always get tiny baby just incase so im always prepared! Ds1 i got newborn and 0-3 and he came out tiny... we had absolutely nothing for him! so now i always buy some micro nappies and tiny baby clothes just incase they are needed and if not i sell them on xx

Not a bad idea to be honest, I dont think I'm going to have a small baby though, the scan showed it already has quite long legs so I'm expecting it to be long and with the amount I'm eating I'm expecting it to be at least an 8lb baby or more lol and the tiny baby only go to 5 1/2lb lol.
I guess the hat, bib, boots and mitts will still fit and it will just be the grow and sleepsuit that wont get used, which will be a shame but like you said better to have something just in case.

:winkwink: I was told Ds1 was to be a minimum of 8/9lb. A scan at 39 weeks told them he was "7lb 4oz" so consultant said "oh yes hes a big boy allright, at least 8lb by birth" ... haha so to say we were shocked was an understatement when this tiny little 5lb 14oz baby comes out who fit from my palm to my elbow :cloud9:

BB - i hope you feel safe enough to start shopping after you scans hun :hugs: I really feel for all you ladies who have had losses :hugs: It must be so so hard :hugs: xxx

20 week scan also has terrible memories for me. I feel blessed that this time they will see me at 14 weeks and 16 weeks for extra early scans ... But now I'm worried for the 14 week scan next Thursday!

:hugs: good luck for your scan hun.

you never know hun you might need those ;) I always get tiny baby just incase so im always prepared! Ds1 i got newborn and 0-3 and he came out tiny... we had absolutely nothing for him! so now i always buy some micro nappies and tiny baby clothes just incase they are needed and if not i sell them on xx

Not a bad idea to be honest, I dont think I'm going to have a small baby though, the scan showed it already has quite long legs so I'm expecting it to be long and with the amount I'm eating I'm expecting it to be at least an 8lb baby or more lol and the tiny baby only go to 5 1/2lb lol.
I guess the hat, bib, boots and mitts will still fit and it will just be the grow and sleepsuit that wont get used, which will be a shame but like you said better to have something just in case.

:winkwink: I was told Ds1 was to be a minimum of 8/9lb. A scan at 39 weeks told them he was "7lb 4oz" so consultant said "oh yes hes a big boy allright, at least 8lb by birth" ... haha so to say we were shocked was an understatement when this tiny little 5lb 14oz baby comes out who fit from my palm to my elbow :cloud9:

BB - i hope you feel safe enough to start shopping after you scans hun :hugs: I really feel for all you ladies who have had losses :hugs: It must be so so hard :hugs: xxx

lol gotta love how off weight can be on those scans! I was reading the other day that it can be off by as much as 2 lbs either way :shrug: I have found the most accurate gauge is to average you and SO's birth weights. Usually will be around that but not always. :thumbup:

I use asda little angel nappies and have found them to be really great :thumbup: I always think the chemicals in pampers really make wee smell bad! I've started buying aldi's own brand on occasion too and they are just as good :thumbup:

I've got the Moses basket, bf'ing pillow and bras (but will get measured for new ones incase my boobs have changed size since DD2), bouncer and a few clothes already :haha: I like to slowly start collecting stuff, and then go through it all every month to see what else I need to get!

I think being nervous for upcoming scans is totally normal :hugs: I say to OH before each scan "I really hope they find the heartbeat/I hope baby's growing normally... etc etc" and he calls me crazy every time!

I had my 16w MW appt today and all was well :) she found baby's heartbeat straight away too <3 I feel like I have so many appts coming up. Consultant on the 14th Aug, then my 20w scan on the 19th, then back to the mw in September. I'm not complaining, but it's sure going to make the time fly by and I want it to slow down now!

Awwww. I was told DD would be small. Perhaps 6lbs. She was 8lbs 8oz. Lol. An DS was 8.1

Ya never know!!!

Hope all is well with everyone and time is flying for you!! I currently feel like a cow. Weight gain started and I've caught up for not gaining in the 1st trimester. :-/

I wish I could find motivation. But the past few days I've been so exhausted. Blood supply jumps up this week so i keep blamin it on that. Must remember to take all of my vitamins!! Perhaps force myself to exercise more. It'll be easier once the kidlets are back in school!!

I was going to wait on baby stuff as well, but it's garage sale season and I really want to take advantage of it before winter sets in (bit too cold here for winter garage sales :)

So far I've spent $20 and I have a mountain of baby stuff (my sister popped by with a car load as well...craziness....she has two girls, so if I have a boy that stuff may not be all that useful :D)

Awwww. I was told DD would be small. Perhaps 6lbs. She was 8lbs 8oz. Lol. An DS was 8.1

Ya never know!!!

Hope all is well with everyone and time is flying for you!! I currently feel like a cow. Weight gain started and I've caught up for not gaining in the 1st trimester. :-/

I wish I could find motivation. But the past few days I've been so exhausted. Blood supply jumps up this week so i keep blamin it on that. Must remember to take all of my vitamins!! Perhaps force myself to exercise more. It'll be easier once the kidlets are back in school!!

I hear you! I can't wait till school starts. Every time I want to go walking I get back sass about how boring it is lol I will miss my boys but they need to be with friends especially as we live in a condo so no where really for them to play unless we go to the park which they are bored of now lol. Don't be hard on yourself about the weight it just means your baby is getting lots of good stuff from you :) :hugs:

I was going to wait on baby stuff as well, but it's garage sale season and I really want to take advantage of it before winter sets in (bit too cold here for winter garage sales :)

So far I've spent $20 and I have a mountain of baby stuff (my sister popped by with a car load as well...craziness....she has two girls, so if I have a boy that stuff may not be all that useful :D)

Garage sales can be a blast esp if you go with someone and have fun! Do you have any feelings on what you think you might be having? I can't decide myself lol :shrug:

haven't really posted in here yet but I'm super nervous for my scan tomorrow, worried something's up :(

Hey ladies!

Long time no speak, just been catching up a little! Does anyone think time is going fast or is it me?

Wow congrats on the gender scans! I had my 13 week scan on Monday, ob said happy baby, but when I asked for a gender scan next scan, he said it might be too early...ummm i'll be nearly 19 weeks...strange! lol

Well I'm feeling my uterus when lying down all of a sudden. No movement yet tho. I do seem to be showing ALOT quicker than with DS1, I'm amazed!! It's really high too DS1 was low all the way through the pregnancy. Wonder if it means girly??! Also have sore big bbs lol and hunger is stupid, but so far so good only 2kg weight gain....phew!!

Loving all the scan pics! Mine is not very clear :(

Hi Ive been lurking again for a while. Posted ages ago but haven't for quite a while. Had my 16 wk MW apt today. Heard HB strongly. DD was in awe of it and was very excited. She loved the MWs stethoscope as she has a doctors bag at home so she recognised it and was loving it that she had one at home just like that! Ive got so many appts between now and January. 20 wk scan is the next. Not seeing MW again until 24 wks. Only because of my complications with DD. Was surprised that if I was all straight forward that it would be 12 wks before I saw a MW again at 28 wks.

I was wondering if you have all started feeling anything yet? Ive had a few little kicks here and there but so gentle. Nothing like the kicks I get on the outside from DD. Being O neg im freaking out at how many anti Ds im going to need this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->