*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

im with you TTC!! Although we've not many bugs.. just plenty butterflies which is lovely.. we have around 8/9 a day fly in and out <3 Ethan is fascinated with them. x

Ooo I didn't think of the boxing day sales, I might ask for a night shift Xmas night and go shopping after so I can get the bargains

Seems like as soon as I get rid of a damn UTI another one comes....ugh, they have me on macrobid antibiotic....anyone else suffering from uti's too? I just don't get it

I have been, (sorry if TMI) today at my appointment I had to give a swab to see if there was an underlying reason as to why this is my 4th one so far

Oh forgot to say that we were told with DD1 that she'd be a big baby as my fundal height measurements were always way ahead and then I had a growth scan @ 26w. She was born a tiny 5lbs 7.5oz, so they were well off! My FH measurements were ahead again with DD2 and a growth scan at 36w said she was average sized and she was born @ 39+5 weighing 7lbs 12oz. So if any of your FH measurements are way ahead in the future don't panic! And growth scans can be sooooo off, but I've found the closer you have it done to your due date the more accurate they are :thumbup:

I've just had my 16week appointment and heard the heartbeat it was 160bpm...I've read that that can sometimes be an indication of the gender but not sure if that is just am old wives tale.

UK mummies how often do sales come up at mothercare? I've fallen in love with a pram that is in the sale but don't want to buy anything too early

My baby's heartbeat was 158bpm at our appt yesterday, which falls in line for the girl prediction (and she is a girl!), so could be right but wouldn't take it as total gospel!

I think it's end of seasons usually, so you've just missed the big one they've had. Boxing Day will probably be the next one :thumbup:

Arghhh it's so hot here. I know us Brits can moan a lot about the weather but I've had enough of this now! It's too muggy, and sticky and I'm sick of all of the bugs! I'm just glad I'm not heavily pregnant through it this time!

Eeek I think boxing day would be leaving it a tad but late! I was hoping you would say that there is a sale in october time :haha: I don't know what to do now....do I buy it now as it is £100 off or should I just wait and hope.....I am rubbish at decisions :dohh:

I've been convinced I am haivng a boy but everyone else thinks girl....the sonographer said "she's jumping around" but as we are staying team yellow (thanks DH) i am driving myself nutty with all the old wives tales :)

are there not normally sales come the end of summer? Im sure theres normally sales coming from the end of summer into winter? I hope so.. ha coz i wanna hit them for clothes!

I though that too, i'm keeping my fingers crossed and until then may just go to mothercare periodically to test the pram out :haha:

There probably is, but I think it's mostly clothes sales, not sure about pushchairs and bigger items. £100 off is good though, if it's the pushchair you want then go for it :thumbup: there's no guarantee it'll be in a later sale too so you might miss out on the bargain you could get now!

There probably is, but I think it's mostly clothes sales, not sure about pushchairs and bigger items. £100 off is good though, if it's the pushchair you want then go for it :thumbup: there's no guarantee it'll be in a later sale too so you might miss out on the bargain you could get now!

agree with this! Also find out if you can do a payment scheme if you have not got the money right away. When i went to look on Tuesday the display one was reduced from £530 to £475 and i set up a payment scheme.. i have till baby is due to pay it off and pick it up :D xx

"Preparing for your new arrival can be expensive. To help you spread the cost we have teamed up with Barclays Partner Finance to offer you either a 'Buy Now Pay Later' or 'Interest-Free Credit' payment plan.
There's a lot to think about, but we hope the following information will help you choose the right payment plan to suit you, your lifestyle and budge"
<--- found this on mothercare site ;)

Hi everyone, just had my scan and my due date is now 30th of January!! :D
Happy I can stay a January Jellybean as I thought I might have been pushed over to February :)

I was going to wait on baby stuff as well, but it's garage sale season and I really want to take advantage of it before winter sets in (bit too cold here for winter garage sales :)

So far I've spent $20 and I have a mountain of baby stuff (my sister popped by with a car load as well...craziness....she has two girls, so if I have a boy that stuff may not be all that useful :D)

Garage sales can be a blast esp if you go with someone and have fun! Do you have any feelings on what you think you might be having? I can't decide myself lol :shrug:

My instincts tell me it's a boy, but I really have no idea and we aren't going to find out :) ...well...we'll find out eventually...heh, you know what I mean.

agree with this! Also find out if you can do a payment scheme if you have not got the money right away. When i went to look on Tuesday the display one was reduced from £530 to £475 and i set up a payment scheme.. i have till baby is due to pay it off and pick it up :D xx

"Preparing for your new arrival can be expensive. To help you spread the cost we have teamed up with Barclays Partner Finance to offer you either a 'Buy Now Pay Later' or 'Interest-Free Credit' payment plan.
There's a lot to think about, but we hope the following information will help you choose the right payment plan to suit you, your lifestyle and budge"
<--- found this on mothercare site ;)

Mothercare also do the finance option too if your pushchair is a bit pricey :thumbup: I think you can get it on anything over £200/£250 though, so nursery furniture included :)

Happy I can stay a January Jellybean as I thought I might have been pushed over to February :)

Yay I'm glad you're staying a jellybean :happydance: will update your EDD x

Seems like as soon as I get rid of a damn UTI another one comes....ugh, they have me on macrobid antibiotic....anyone else suffering from uti's too? I just don't get it

Yep!! Thankfully I've only had one so far though. I made sure to up my water intake and I haven't had a problem since. I had no clue about the first one, the dr called to tell me. Once I started taking macrobid, it was pretty apparent that I had an UTI. I had chalked it up to body changes. I wasn't in pain, just slightly uncomfortable. Hope you stop getting them!!

congratulations on a great scan hun! xx

Hey ladies. Just wanted to drop in and say hii. Hope all is well with everyone :).

I hope everyone is doing well!

anyone else feel like they're leaking fluids all the time?
Yes! Especially since about 16 weeks.

Had my 16 wk MW apt today. Heard HB strongly. DD was in awe of it and was very excited. She loved the MWs stethoscope as she has a doctors bag at home so she recognised it and was loving it that she had one at home just like that!!
Super Adorable! Maybe she'll be a doctor when she grows up.

am I the only one who's not quite into the baby shopping yet?

We have nothing. I almost bought a onesie, but I ended up chickening out. :( My husband wants me to start buying things. The poor man doesn't seem to realize what he's getting into. :D

I was told DD would be small. Perhaps 6lbs. She was 8lbs 8oz. Lol. An DS was 8.1

Ya never know!!!

Oh forgot to say that we were told with DD1 that she'd be a big baby as my fundal height measurements were always way ahead and then I had a growth scan @ 26w. She was born a tiny 5lbs 7.5oz, so they were well off!

I was told 10+ pounds with my son. At 41+3, he was only 8 pounds.

AFM - i am sweating like i don't know what! Its TOO HOT! I cant cope with this heat much longer... i need to dig out our fan today. 27 degrees is just too much. I would take the boys to the park but id be too scared of teh toys being too hot and burning them.
I feel the same way...it's like 101F (38c) today. Yuck! :( Maybe fill up a kiddie pool and put it in the shade for the boys?

My amnio came back clear!:happydance:

Lolly, would you mind adding me to the due date list? I'm due January 1st and we're having a boy. I still feel like I'm tempting fate by letting myself think this going to happen.

Anyone else feel like their brain doesn't work? I had the hardest time trying to use the "Multi-Quote". Sorry if I've misquoted anyone, but it's probably not the last time I'm going to screw things up during this pregnancy! :dohh:

ugh... sorry ladies- this is a tmi post.

I literally can't go to the bathroom without laxatives (using miralax more than I should).

I had to use them occasionally early in pregnancy, but hate taking meds often. However, since the start of July, I started having to take it when I'd realize it's been 5-6 days since I last went. I started taking metamucil daily (fiber), eating prunes, occasionally drinking prune juice, and drinking more water, trying to avoid having to take meds all the time- but these things (even combined) didn't work! So now, when it gets around 5 days and I'm very uncomfortable, I start to take meds (usually takes at least 48 hours to start working, and even then never get it all). I mentioned ~3 weeks ago to the doctor that I was often constipated, and she said to use miralax daily- but I don't know if I can take it to that extent for an indefinite amount of time! (Usually I stop for a few days after I go.)

Anyone have any ideas? I can't take stimulant laxatives- the leave me in excruciating pain. I already had IBS, but never trouble like this!

I hope everyone is doing well!

anyone else feel like they're leaking fluids all the time?
Yes! Especially since about 16 weeks.

Had my 16 wk MW apt today. Heard HB strongly. DD was in awe of it and was very excited. She loved the MWs stethoscope as she has a doctors bag at home so she recognised it and was loving it that she had one at home just like that!!
Super Adorable! Maybe she'll be a doctor when she grows up.

am I the only one who's not quite into the baby shopping yet?

We have nothing. I almost bought a onesie, but I ended up chickening out. :( My husband wants me to start buying things. The poor man doesn't seem to realize what he's getting into. :D

I was told DD would be small. Perhaps 6lbs. She was 8lbs 8oz. Lol. An DS was 8.1

Ya never know!!!

Oh forgot to say that we were told with DD1 that she'd be a big baby as my fundal height measurements were always way ahead and then I had a growth scan @ 26w. She was born a tiny 5lbs 7.5oz, so they were well off!

I was told 10+ pounds with my son. At 41+3, he was only 8 pounds.

AFM - i am sweating like i don't know what! Its TOO HOT! I cant cope with this heat much longer... i need to dig out our fan today. 27 degrees is just too much. I would take the boys to the park but id be too scared of teh toys being too hot and burning them.
I feel the same way...it's like 101F (38c) today. Yuck! :( Maybe fill up a kiddie pool and put it in the shade for the boys?

My amnio came back clear!:happydance:

Lolly, would you mind adding me to the due date list? I'm due January 1st and we're having a boy. I still feel like I'm tempting fate by letting myself think this going to happen.

Anyone else feel like their brain doesn't work? I had the hardest time trying to use the "Multi-Quote". Sorry if I've misquoted anyone, but it's probably not the last time I'm going to screw things up during this pregnancy! :dohh:

i live in a block of flats so we dont have a garden for a pool :( and theres no flat grass just around us or id just stick it on there.

Congratulations on your amnio coming back clear hun that is fantastic news :dance: hehehehe i always get confused with multi quote.. i have to "preview" my post to make sure im doing it properly :haha:

SC - Id go back to your GP hun or even just call to speak to a gp.. they should be able to give you advice on how long its safe to take those meds daily. :hugs: I've the opposite problem to you..im always going!

ugh... sorry ladies- this is a tmi post.

I literally can't go to the bathroom without laxatives (using miralax more than I should).

I had to use them occasionally early in pregnancy, but hate taking meds often. However, since the start of July, I started having to take it when I'd realize it's been 5-6 days since I last went. I started taking metamucil daily (fiber), eating prunes, occasionally drinking prune juice, and drinking more water, trying to avoid having to take meds all the time- but these things (even combined) didn't work! So now, when it gets around 5 days and I'm very uncomfortable, I start to take meds (usually takes at least 48 hours to start working, and even then never get it all). I mentioned ~3 weeks ago to the doctor that I was often constipated, and she said to use miralax daily- but I don't know if I can take it to that extent for an indefinite amount of time! (Usually I stop for a few days after I go.)

Anyone have any ideas? I can't take stimulant laxatives- the leave me in excruciating pain. I already had IBS, but never trouble like this!

I have the same problem I'm taking lactulose and the midwife told me to take it everyday... I was only taking the smallest amount every couple of days but she said up the dose and every day.... Even then it's not working 100%..

Xxxxxx

Congratulations Jp xx
Re Mothercare, we had a baby plan for our pram, car seat, cot etc. You just pay it up before you receive the goods. Our pram went down in price while on the plan and they honoured that. I also think if you put it on now while it has money off that that would be the price you get it for. Worth asking. Also they quite often have money off prams, car seats etc xx

I had the tiniest spot of blood when I wiped earlier and have been feeling "off" all day :( I don't know what to do, should I call the midwives? The blood was bright red and only for a couple of wipes, probably didn't even add up to the size of 5p I've been to the toilet twice since and nothing.

I would ring your midwife and see what they say.

Anyone else got dry, itchy nipples?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->