*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

ttc - yey for 18 weeks! It seems to be flying past doesnt it!

My gender scan is tomorrow afternoon! I'm excited, but I really want a boy and I'm scared of my reaction if it's not. My emotions are everywhere today.

Good luck hun.. i hope you get your little blue bundle. And dont worry if you feel a little dissapointed.. its completely natural and it will pass :hugs:

My gender scan is tomorrow afternoon! I'm excited, but I really want a boy and I'm scared of my reaction if it's not. My emotions are everywhere today.

Hope you get your boy!! Let us know.

I think we've decided on a name, which is a MIRACLE considering it took almost the whole 9 mos to pick dd name. We've never had an issue with boy names.

Eliana Kristine is the name we've chosen. Still haven't told anyone what we're having. I'm enjoying torturing my family a little, lol.

thats a lovely name hun! Are you keeping gender a secret till birth? We did with DS2 but aren't this time.

View attachment 790261

18 weeks today, I feel huge lol xx

gorgeous bump hun! :cloud9:

Thx! No, we aren't going to keep it a secret the whole time. We were going to do a small gender reveal last weekend, but decided to wait. My youngests bday is this month, so we might wait to do it then when everyone is together.

aww that would be lovely hun :D make it a bday and gender reveal party :D

I know it killed my family not finding out last time :haha: xx

Sorry for TMI but something down there just doesn't feel right, after a wee when I wipe it burns and also sex burns too. The Doctor has treated me for thrush with a pessary twice but it's not worked. Today the burning is worse and I have LOTS of creamy CM. I had to do a self swab at the Doctors on Friday and should have results tomorrow, I'm worried that they will say they've found nothing but I've no idea what else it could be other than Bacterial Vaginosis! Anyone had anything similar?

On a plus note, baby boy is moving so so much. I feel him pretty much all day now :cloud9:

Brunette- I don't have the burn, but I've been itching real bad down there(sorry tmi). I think my itch is caused by the increase in discharge I've been having. Could it be your cm causing it?

Brunette- I don't have the burn, but I've been itching real bad down there(sorry tmi). I think my itch is caused by the increase in discharge I've been having. Could it be your cm causing it?

Yeh maybe. The burns been worse today and I have an increase of CM.

Iv had to delay my scan it's now not until the 15th September, oh decided not to listen when I told him to find out about his work trip and now iv changed the appointment and got to wait an extra week :-(

So sorry to hear that! I know you were already upset to wait that long anyway :( :hugs: Hope time flys for you hun

Sounds like a very persistent yeast infection. Ask your doctor if it is and if it is safe to take diflucan it works in 24 hours and much better than over the counter. Bacterial Vaginosis usually has a bad smell not sure if you are having that but I always get yeast in pregnancy gotta love those hormones!

hope it stops soon hun!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: I just got my first proper full blown kick from baby!! It kicked the laptop and made it move <3 :cloud9:

Sethsmummy- how lovely! Baby must be nice & strong! Can't wait to see and feel some real good kicks myself!

I've found that washing 3 times a day and panty liners help. I also had to keep myself shaved clean coz that also irritates the skin. I hope it clears up soon though! How's your water intake?

Afm - so much for getting something for the ms. I went to the doctors earlier and after telling me on the phone yesterday she would give me something she refused!! What a bloody waste of time! She made it out like it's because I'm fat! Going on and on and on about my diet... Oh you can't use stork (butter) and no you can't have cheese it's too fattening...try lettuce instead. Erm yes because when I don't feel sick I really wanna sit down with a lettuce sandwich. :grr:
We have a new prescription medication here for morning sickness called Diclegis. https://www.diclegis.com/ It's a class A drug, which means that it's been specifically tested on pregnant women and their babies and considered safe.

Basically, it's a combination of doxylamine succinate (an antihistamine and/or sleep aid, it's called Unisom here), and pyridoxine hydrochloride (which I think is just vitamin B6). I don't know if they have doxylamine succinate in Scotland, but I believe it's available in other parts of the UK under the names Somnil, Donormyl, DSozile and Restavit. But it should contain doxylamine succinate ONLY. Doxylamine succinate is considered safe, but other things in sleep aids may not be, so be careful about that!! If you can't find doxylamine succinate, taking a bit of vitamin B6 alone may help - but I'm not sure about the dose.

Obviously, I can't vouch for either it's safety or efficacy. If it's something you want to try, PLEASE research it thoroughly!!! The Diclegis website lists some possible interactions with other medications and/or allergies that you should look at before you try it. I just wanted to mention it. I know you've been having a rough go of it. :hugs:

As for what your doctor said, ridiculous! :dohh:

Proteins with fat (like cheese or butter) are better for nausea than carbs such as lettuce, crackers, bread etc. Some doctors like to blame EVERY THING on weight. Morning sickness is NOT caused by weight. Eating something like cheese or cottage cheese right before bed may help with morning-time nausea. I hope you feel better soon!!

Can't believe how much I've missed out on in the last few days but I think I've caught up, I didn't multiple quote cos we would have been here all night.

I love the bump pics, but I still don't have a bump just looking weird.

It's so cool people are feeling baby move, I'm still not feeling anything.

Sorry for everyone with morning sickness and possible infections.

I have no appetite at all and when I do eat I'm full after 1 mouthful.

I've been having low abdo pain again, is it just stretching still??

I had my consultant appointment today, they have booked extra scans for some reason and have made a referral to the mental health people... I don't really understand what it means....

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

Ultrasound went well, I have several good profile pictures, but baby wouldn't cooperate to get the 3d. We were able to see it move some, swallow, and the heartbeat. Our ultrasound tech looked 4 times, but it seems we are also team pink. I'm kinda disappointed. I know I should be happy and it means we don't have to buy slot, but I really wanted a boy. Our gender reveal is Sunday. I have lots to do before then and no motivation. I also think I may have a yeast infection...

Ultrasound went well, I have several good profile pictures, but baby wouldn't cooperate to get the 3d. We were able to see it move some, swallow, and the heartbeat. Our ultrasound tech looked 4 times, but it seems we are also team pink. I'm kinda disappointed. I know I should be happy and it means we don't have to buy slot, but I really wanted a boy. Our gender reveal is Sunday. I have lots to do before then and no motivation. I also think I may have a yeast infection...

Glad u/s went well! Before you know it, your disappointment will be replaced by joy! Congrats on your baby girl!

Swabs came back normal. I've booked to go in again on Friday because this burning isn't normal. I have so much creamy CM too it's unreal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->