*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Brunette- maybe try increasing your water intake and see how things go. My doc said that sometimes, us pregnant ladies wee a bit and we don't realize it. If our urine is too strong, and you do leak a bit, it could cause burning. I'm not saying that is the case with you, but it could be. Maybe also ask your doc when you go if that could be the cause, seeing that the swabs came back normal. I'm making a list of things that I'm finding not normal to ask at my appointment next Tuesday. I need some answers from the doc himself as google-ing is just scary!

Can't believe how much I've missed out on in the last few days but I think I've caught up, I didn't multiple quote cos we would have been here all night.

I love the bump pics, but I still don't have a bump just looking weird.

It's so cool people are feeling baby move, I'm still not feeling anything.

Sorry for everyone with morning sickness and possible infections.

I have no appetite at all and when I do eat I'm full after 1 mouthful.

I've been having low abdo pain again, is it just stretching still??

I had my consultant appointment today, they have booked extra scans for some reason and have made a referral to the mental health people... I don't really understand what it means....

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

The lower abdomen pain could be stretching! Is it a pain or pressure? I've been having lower pressure and backache, I've gotten a maternity support band to help with both backache and lower pressure.

I forgot to update this thread, my bfp turned out to be a chemical, we have been ntnp since but right now i am actually quite content with our little family.
Good luck to all and fingers crossed everything goes ok for you all. :flow:

Sethsmummy- how lovely! Baby must be nice & strong! Can't wait to see and feel some real good kicks myself!

Thanks hun. I still cant find it myself on a doppler :haha:

Afm - so much for getting something for the ms. I went to the doctors earlier and after telling me on the phone yesterday she would give me something she refused!! What a bloody waste of time! She made it out like it's because I'm fat! Going on and on and on about my diet... Oh you can't use stork (butter) and no you can't have cheese it's too fattening...try lettuce instead. Erm yes because when I don't feel sick I really wanna sit down with a lettuce sandwich. :grr:
We have a new prescription medication here for morning sickness called Diclegis. https://www.diclegis.com/ It's a class A drug, which means that it's been specifically tested on pregnant women and their babies and considered safe.

Basically, it's a combination of doxylamine succinate (an antihistamine and/or sleep aid, it's called Unisom here), and pyridoxine hydrochloride (which I think is just vitamin B6). I don't know if they have doxylamine succinate in Scotland, but I believe it's available in other parts of the UK under the names Somnil, Donormyl, DSozile and Restavit. But it should contain doxylamine succinate ONLY. Doxylamine succinate is considered safe, but other things in sleep aids may not be, so be careful about that!! If you can't find doxylamine succinate, taking a bit of vitamin B6 alone may help - but I'm not sure about the dose.

Obviously, I can't vouch for either it's safety or efficacy. If it's something you want to try, PLEASE research it thoroughly!!! The Diclegis website lists some possible interactions with other medications and/or allergies that you should look at before you try it. I just wanted to mention it. I know you've been having a rough go of it. :hugs:

As for what your doctor said, ridiculous! :dohh:

Proteins with fat (like cheese or butter) are better for nausea than carbs such as lettuce, crackers, bread etc. Some doctors like to blame EVERY THING on weight. Morning sickness is NOT caused by weight. Eating something like cheese or cottage cheese right before bed may help with morning-time nausea. I hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks hun. Im not going to get anything for it. I wont buy over the counter and my gp has refused to give me anything so its just a case of getting on with it and hoping it eases soon.

Can't believe how much I've missed out on in the last few days but I think I've caught up, I didn't multiple quote cos we would have been here all night.

I had my consultant appointment today, they have booked extra scans for some reason and have made a referral to the mental health people... I don't really understand what it means....

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

oooo extra scans are good :D you get to see baby more :D Did they ask you first about whether you were happy to be reffered to the mental health team hun? Im pretty sure they have to actually ask you first. :hugs: It can definitely be stretching pain hun.. i get it a lot xx

Ultrasound went well, I have several good profile pictures, but baby wouldn't cooperate to get the 3d. We were able to see it move some, swallow, and the heartbeat. Our ultrasound tech looked 4 times, but it seems we are also team pink. I'm kinda disappointed. I know I should be happy and it means we don't have to buy slot, but I really wanted a boy. Our gender reveal is Sunday. I have lots to do before then and no motivation. I also think I may have a yeast infection...

Congratulations on team pink hun. I understand your dissapointment but it should last for long :hugs: Such a shame you couldnt get your 3D images though! oh dear for a yeast infection.. have you an appointment to get anything for it yet hun?

I forgot to update this thread, my bfp turned out to be a chemical, we have been ntnp since but right now i am actually quite content with our little family.

so sorry hun :hugs: Good luck in the future :hugs: xxx

So sorry Loola :hugs:

Wildchic I suppose it could be that! I'm going to get them to have a look on Friday and see if everything looks normal. I was told maybe a graze?

Dr Google is a shit, I googled about this and of course got some awful answers, STDs which is a big no no and cancer! I don't think I will Google in future!

Sorry loola :hugs:

I'm really sorry I can't quote on My phone, tried a few times and the Post isn't showing, this my phone is rubbish!

I was referred to the mental health team too dawnybuss and after a chat with them I got discharged. I'm sure they should have asked you first though. Mine was because I have a history of depression and anxiety as I have been a victim of abuse. When speaking to the mental health team I assured them that I was feeling fine at the moment and have a strong support network, I had to promise them that I would refer myself of I felt any symptoms coming back

Afm I am fairly sure I'm feeling the baby move on a daily basis, only when I am laying or sitting down though, sometimes they seem quite far on the left so not sure if it is baby moving or other strange things going on. They are like quick little pulses. I like thinking they are the baby, especially when it's in the spot where the heart beat was last heard.
I have an absolutely terrible taste in my mouth 24/7 had it for about three days now and I can't find anything that will make it go away! Any tips?

A tongue scraper is brilliant for that horrible taste and swilling with mouthwash :)

:hugs: Sorry about your chemical hun!

Wildchic I suppose it could be that! I'm going to get them to have a look on Friday and see if everything looks normal. I was told maybe a graze?

Dr Google is a shit, I googled about this and of course got some awful answers, STDs which is a big no no and cancer! I don't think I will Google in future!

Yes, have them check it out for you! A graze? I'm not too familiar with that! I've said it before & I'll say it again, Google is evil! STDs? Seriously?

I'm really sorry I can't quote on My phone, tried a few times and the Post isn't showing, this my phone is rubbish!

I was referred to the mental health team too dawnybuss and after a chat with them I got discharged. I'm sure they should have asked you first though. Mine was because I have a history of depression and anxiety as I have been a victim of abuse. When speaking to the mental health team I assured them that I was feeling fine at the moment and have a strong support network, I had to promise them that I would refer myself of I felt any symptoms coming back

Afm I am fairly sure I'm feeling the baby move on a daily basis, only when I am laying or sitting down though, sometimes they seem quite far on the left so not sure if it is baby moving or other strange things going on. They are like quick little pulses. I like thinking they are the baby, especially when it's in the spot where the heart beat was last heard.
I have an absolutely terrible taste in my mouth 24/7 had it for about three days now and I can't find anything that will make it go away! Any tips?

I had the horrible taste during my first pregnancy. The thing I found that worked was lemon squash. I'm drinking it by the bucketful this time too and no bad mouth taste. :happydance:

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

The lower abdomen pain could be stretching! Is it a pain or pressure? I've been having lower pressure and backache, I've gotten a maternity support band to help with both backache and lower pressure.

Erm... It's hard to explain I think it's abit of both really. I don't have a bump or anything so I dunno if a support would work?? Where do you get them from?? Xxxxxx

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

oooo extra scans are good :D you get to see baby more :D Did they ask you first about whether you were happy to be reffered to the mental health team hun? Im pretty sure they have to actually ask you first. :hugs: It can definitely be stretching pain hun.. i get it a lot xx

They are like at the end though?? Why are they doing more scans I don't really understand... My mum and boyfriend made the decision with the consultant not me... That's okiee then although I thought we only had stretching in the beginning xxxxx

I've seen mental health teams before and they don't really do a lot, I found half of them to be useless so I dunno what these ones expect to be able to do that the others haven't...

I'm finding everything quite overwhelming at the moment and don't really know what to do...
I went back to work today and that was quite stressful, no one really spoke to me much (you can tell they all hate me) and it's all changing there so I don't know the new bosses and I had a lot of work that I couldn't get done as I was busy, luckily there is a temp doing half my work as I'd never get any done...
Is 6:30 to early to go to bed?? Although I'm getting no housework done and am going away Friday straight from work so will get nothing done then either...

Hope all is okiee xxxxxx

To all the ladies with yeast infections, try pure cranberry juice, none of the cocktail though, all that sugar will make it worse. I found one where you add water and sugar to it yourself, (I only add the water) it seems to work better for me than the creams and stuff, I had a persistent infection the month before getting pregnant that nothing would get rid of and it lasted about a month (TMI but I'm actually pretty sure that the first time we had sex after it was gone was when we conceived)... and then another about a month after getting pregnant... the second one is when I tried the cranberry juice and it took much less time to go away... I also think I may be allergic to the creams though as every time I've use them I burn and itch a million times worse than I did before.
Now the moment I start feeling one coming on I start chugging the juice and haven't had another since, as much as I hate cranberry juice I really do think it works wonders.:happydance::winkwink:

Yes, have them check it out for you! A graze? I'm not too familiar with that! I've said it before & I'll say it again, Google is evil! STDs? Seriously?

Yeh I know right! I've been with my husband nearly 8 years, we were both checked out in the early days and given the all clear etc so there's not a chance!

To all the ladies with yeast infections, try pure cranberry juice, none of the cocktail though, all that sugar will make it worse. I found one where you add water and sugar to it yourself, (I only add the water) it seems to work better for me than the creams and stuff, I had a persistent infection the month before getting pregnant that nothing would get rid of and it lasted about a month (TMI but I'm actually pretty sure that the first time we had sex after it was gone was when we conceived)... and then another about a month after getting pregnant... the second one is when I tried the cranberry juice and it took much less time to go away... I also think I may be allergic to the creams though as every time I've use them I burn and itch a million times worse than I did before.
Now the moment I start feeling one coming on I start chugging the juice and haven't had another since, as much as I hate cranberry juice I really do think it works wonders.:happydance::winkwink:

I always knew/heard about cranberry juice, but never tried it myself. My MIL swears by it though! Do you know if its safe to take while pregnant? And thanks for the tip!

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

Erm... It's hard to explain I think it's abit of both really. I don't have a bump or anything so I dunno if a support would work?? Where do you get them from?? Xxxxxx

Hope everyone is okiee.

Xxxxxx

They are like at the end though?? Why are they doing more scans I don't really understand... My mum and boyfriend made the decision with the consultant not me... That's okiee then although I thought we only had stretching in the beginning xxxxx

I've seen mental health teams before and they don't really do a lot, I found half of them to be useless so I dunno what these ones expect to be able to do that the others haven't...

I'm finding everything quite overwhelming at the moment and don't really know what to do...
I went back to work today and that was quite stressful, no one really spoke to me much (you can tell they all hate me) and it's all changing there so I don't know the new bosses and I had a lot of work that I couldn't get done as I was busy, luckily there is a temp doing half my work as I'd never get any done...
Is 6:30 to early to go to bed?? Although I'm getting no housework done and am going away Friday straight from work so will get nothing done then either...

Hope all is okiee xxxxxx

Its not the bump that causes lower pressure, its actually the baby laying low. I got my support band from a maternity/baby store. It has helped somewhat, the pressure is not so intense anymore! It hasn't done much for my backache yet(only using 3 days). Hope it eases up for you!

I always knew/heard about cranberry juice, but never tried it myself. My MIL swears by it though! Do you know if its safe to take while pregnant? And thanks for the tip!

It's just a fruit juice so should be.
I always thought cranberry was for cystitis not thrush?

Brunette- reason I asked is I had lining issues before getting my bfp and when I got my bfp, I got myself some Pomegranate juice. I had half a glass every day for 3 days and I had the worst cramps! My dh threw it out on day 4, said it could only be that that was causing it. So I just want to make sure on this sort of thing before jumping in and just doing.

It's just a fruit juice so should be.
I always thought cranberry was for cystitis not thrush?

I'd assume it's safe especially with as much as I was drinking for a while there and I haven't had any problems so far, but you could always google it.
I had always heard to drink it for UTI, bladder & kidney infections which I used to have a lot of but I would refuse because I couldn't stand it, but when it came to the last few yeast infections I was willing to try anything and a friend suggested it, it seems to work for me, I don't see how it could hurt to try it.:shrug:

Try natural yogurt for yeast infections, I have a friend who swears by it, every time she has to have antibiotics she gets a yeast infection so has natural yogurt and it always works, something about balancing the bacteria

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->