*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Sethsmummy I think the main reason im in two minds is because the vaccine they use now is a Brand new one, the one u had last time would be the old one which is apparently the same one as they give to babies at 8 weeks so it was known to be safe. I need to do a little research on it n discuss it with oh before I make a decision about it.

Hi ladies, haven't been online since Tuesday so sorry for not replying. Me and Alex have been full of cold, if it hasn't been Alex not sleeping, it's me. All I've wanted to do is sleep!
Feeling loads better now :)

We have kind of decided on names. For a boy we like Ryan John. We decided on Ryan for my last pregnancy.
Since before we got pregnant with Alex, we loved the name Imogen. We prefer Scarlett at the minute but may very well change, middle name will be Louise.
When we ask Alex if he prefers Imogen or Scarlett he says "Imogen..no..ummmm byyyyaaaaan" lol. The other day he brought me my doppler and said "heartbeat please, Percy" sooo cute lol. I think baby will be nicknamed Percy even if it turns out to be a girl lol.

aww bless hun.. my two do this <3 its so cute!

Sethsmummy I think the main reason im in two minds is because the vaccine they use now is a Brand new one, the one u had last time would be the old one which is apparently the same one as they give to babies at 8 weeks so it was known to be safe. I need to do a little research on it n discuss it with oh before I make a decision about it.

oh wow its that new! I wonder if you can get a choice. I wouldnt be happy having one thats not tested.. why on earth couldnt they just stick to the old one :S

On a plus note I FOUND BABY!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
hb is sat at 152 bpm Its no wonder I've not found it before.. it was literally right beside where i was hearing mine and the placenta! I literally found it by mistake when my finger slipped :haha: I got to listen for a good 10-15 minutes before baby moved. It kept kicking the doppler (well or punching) :cloud9: :cloud9:

Yeah it's really new, they may not have rolled it out in ur area yet and may be still using old one so I'd ask. U definitely get a choice, ask ur midwife and make ur own decision.
Yey for finding heartbeat!! Bet it was nice feeling the baby at the same time too, u must be on cloud 9

I will definitely ask when i see her at 25 weeks. Im happy to have the old one but id be very wary of a new untested one.

Omg hun cloud nine is an understatement! I have the biggest .. stupidest grin on my face lol. So magical. Seth was lying next to me with a big smile on his face as well <3 he loved it <3

So glad you found the heartbeat sethsmummy :)

Today I think we decided on our girls name Matilda Ann. Ann is after my grandma who died a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant, the last time I spoke to her we had a discussion om my previous losses and when I said goodbye to her she took my hands in hers and said that She just knew that I would have my baby soon. This pregnancy going so well so far just seems so linked to her and I keep going back to that moment, im not someone who normally think like that. This would have been her first great grandchild and I know she would be so happy.

The thing is, and I feel a bit bad for feeling like this. Now we've decided on a girls name I am really hoping this is a girl. I'm sure this is just a wobble and in the end I will be happy no matter what.

Also, I really need to find some clothes that make me look pregnant and not fat!!

I discussed whooping cough vaccine with oh, he said no not worth the risk, have it if it's the old one but not the new one.

I also found out today I'm o negative blood, I understand that being rhesus negative is not an issue in first pregnancy but it can be in future pregnancies if this baby and future babies are rhesus positive.
Is anyone here o negative and on subsequent pregnancies? Do they test the baby's blood?

I discussed whooping cough vaccine with oh, he said no not worth the risk, have it if it's the old one but not the new one.

I also found out today I'm o negative blood, I understand that being rhesus negative is not an issue in first pregnancy but it can be in future pregnancies if this baby and future babies are rhesus positive.
Is anyone here o negative and on subsequent pregnancies? Do they test the baby's blood?

I'm A neg. after our first baby was born I had to have an anti d injection. I also had one after an amniocentesis with him as it was an invasive procedure. I have a huge rhesus negative sticker on the front of my notes and at some point during my pregnancy at 28-30 weeks I will need another anti d injection to prevent haemolytic disease in the baby. My sister is also A neg and has two children. The injections seem pretty standard.

They tested my blood for type at the ten week booking appointment and gave me all the info again at the 12 week scan. I'm surprised it took them so long to tell you, but there is still plenty of time before you need the jabs and as this is your first, maybe you wont need an injection? I'm not sure I'm afraid. I expect you will get full details at your next midwife appointment. If not, ask loads of questions! Good luck.

ask lots and lots of questions at your next apointment hun and ask if they have leaflets etc.

So glad you found the heartbeat sethsmummy :)

Today I think we decided on our girls name Matilda Ann. Ann is after my grandma who died a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant, the last time I spoke to her we had a discussion om my previous losses and when I said goodbye to her she took my hands in hers and said that She just knew that I would have my baby soon. This pregnancy going so well so far just seems so linked to her and I keep going back to that moment, im not someone who normally think like that. This would have been her first great grandchild and I know she would be so happy.

The thing is, and I feel a bit bad for feeling like this. Now we've decided on a girls name I am really hoping this is a girl. I'm sure this is just a wobble and in the end I will be happy no matter what.

Also, I really need to find some clothes that make me look pregnant and not fat!!

thanks hun! I love the name :D Especially Ann (im using it after my mum and mil). I love using names for sentimental reasons :hugs: :hugs: Dont feel bad hun. There is good reason for you feeling like that and I am sure even if its a boy you will be happy :hugs: xxx

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rhesus-disease/Pages/Prevention.aspx

Found this info about rhesus negative and anti d. Hope it helps.

Hi everyone...how are you all? My computer has broken so I've not been able to post for ages but I've been keeping up with everyone's news. Congratulations on your baby girls JSMom, and on finding the heartbeat Sethsmummy...happiness!!

So glad that everyone is doing well and that all the appointments have been good. I really love so many of your names ladies! We are so far away from picking names (still haven't even bought anything yet!). We found it so hard picking a name last time, and only decided after DS was born. I think we'll have a short list and decide after baby is born. I really think they almost tell you what their name should be. That probably sounds crazy, but I know what I mean!

I finally started feeling baby move today: lots of little pops :) Just gorgeous!

Hi all!!

Congrats to all you ladies who have found out gender :) 3.5 weeks to go for me! Live all of your names too, so exciting having names for them!! We have a girls one picked out but still working on boys - girls one grabbed me as soon as hubby said it but so far hated all his boy suggestions lol. Wonder if I will end up with a girl as last time hated all his girl suggestions and loved boys straight off and was a boy lol.

Girls name - hazel Zara

I think we may have picked a girl's name at least for today
Madelyn Grace

Sorry- I guess I should add that this makes our name go like this Mitch(DH), marci(me), Marianne(dd), and Madelyn(baby). We actually picked all without trying to...crazy

:lol: Sounds good!
Picking names is so so hard! It's a good job we have months to pick :rofl:

The name suggestions from our son Tristan have been funny. First he wanted to call him Tristan and then Car! :rofl:

Names are so hard. As we already have one of each we find ourselves trying to make sure the new name will fit with the existing. We know we don't want any shared initials so J, I, F and A are out and S can't be used as it reads like a body part when put the our surname lol.

We quite like Norah-Jane for a girl (Norah-Jane Florence to be exact). All 3 names are names of great grandmas. We like Oliver (Oliver George Jonathon) for a boy and again these are all old family names. But... We aren't completely sold or settled on them.

Someone told me that Norah-Jane wasn't a pretty name when you see it next to Amelia Rose. I dunno, I think it is very pretty but I'd hate for people to pity one daughter for having a plain name next to such a flouncy one.

Xx

I forgot your surname sounded bad with an S :rofl:

Those names are lovely :)

We have run out of family names for the middle name. I don't want to just pick a random name either, I personally feel that middle names should be family names or at least for us they should!

Norah-Jane is lovely hun and i think it does go nicely with Amelia Rose.

Im the same my names have to flow. we didnt realise at the time of naming our boys that my initials and theres are almost the same :haha: we have TLRB, SLRB and ELRB :haha: dh wasnt happy with tht when he realised :haha:

Ladies do any of you know if the over the counter stuff you get for Diorrhea is safe during pregnancy? things like senokot etc?? I have been running back and forward all night and morning.. :blush: On a plus side to that iv lost 2lb since my last weigh in 4 days ago! :dance:

I'm not sure what's safe. If you ask the Pharmacist they should be able to help. The ones around here are great, they won't give you anything they aren't 100% sure about. Half the time they say you need to see a Doctor.

I've had diarrhea a few times in the beginning, I just made sure I drank more water and it did pass on its own.

thanks hun ill have to goto the chemist today. Id just ride it out too but its literally like water every 30 minutes or so. Its getting.. erm rather sore down there :blush: x

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rhesus-disease/Pages/Prevention.aspx

Found this info about rhesus negative and anti d. Hope it helps.

Thanks hun that's useful.

I actually had a letter to go to hospital for an injection iv never heard of in November n the name of that injection rings a bell in my head, il have to find the letter. I can't believe they would send me a letter to have it but not actually give me any info on it. The midwife also just told me my blood type, didn't say anything about what it meant it was only curiosity about how they group blood types that I found out rhesus negative was the minority one. I'm pretty sick of midwife and hospital not giving info properly, this isn't just me, it's my baby too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->