*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I'd look into that drug testing thing- I wouldn't think they could do it without consent or a court order... Unless it's somewhere in an insurance policy, but again that would be indirect consent.

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been quiet again... school holidays and entertaining my 2 whilst feeling constantly like a zombie is hard bloody work! I'm ready for preschool to reopen :haha: I have my anomaly scan tomorrow :happydance:can't wait to see little miss again, and I'll have the sonographer double check she hasn't grown anything inbetween in her legs since 4 weeks ago! Will update with a photo tomorrow :thumbup:

I have been reading what some of you ladies have been saying about the gender scans. I am really sorry that they won't tell you the gender at your normal hospital. It makes no sense since they can see it, why not tell you? I am confused about this. Here in the US they make it a priority to check the baby's health but they also tell you the gender afterwards.

It's actually because some of the hospitals in areas with a high population of certain cultures that prefer a certain sex were aborting their babies illegally once they found out at their anomaly scan :nope: so sad and disgusting.

update properly in a little while.. im a little gutted.. im team :blue: again. He is very healthy though from the quick look she had so im very happy about that. And there were NO nice outfits for boys :( :( xx

Awww hun I know you was really wanting a girl :hugs: I'm just about coming round to the idea of having my 3rd girl. It's taken a while longer than I'd hoped but I guess it's that mourning feeling of something we never had and not having our babies physically here yet to hug and hold. It'll get easier x

Will update later as my mum is here and nobody knows we have been for a scan.
But its a boy!! Sooooooo happy xxx

Yaaaaay congrats abs! Damn, I guessed wrong for you :haha: I'm so pleased though, and what a fantastic potty shot!! Definitely blue :lol:

So here is my boys potty shot!
View attachment 794351

Cord is just to the side of his boy bits.

My mil always said that she didn't want to know when we found out gender, so yday I txt her and said "the girls know what baby is and keep talking about it. So do you want a phone call to tell you, a pic to guess or to take your chances with them not saying anything", she chose the phone call. So dh phoned and said we'll let Zoe tell you. Zoe says "gran, it's got a bobby(willy)". Lol, I suppose thats one way of telling someone! Xx

Haha bless her!

We found out we are having another girl. Very, very happy. :cloud9:

Wohoo congrats!

Kiwi- I agree and I have heard of them!! I'm sure he sees all sorts of people through there. My husband and I work at potbelly and that's how we met <3

Dolce- I totally agree! And I'm sure there would be things I don't like over there. I'm mostly kidding, of course. But I am getting sick of all the lies over here in the US.

When are you moving over here? I'd like to say that it's all fine and dandy over here but I'd be lying :haha::dohh: the country's in a right state and I wouldn't mind moving out myself!

Thanks lolly. I have my 20week scan tomorrow too, good luck xx

I'm not saying their reasoning or explanation was well delivered in your situation Princess, but it is something many, many clinics and delivering hospitals do now days.

I actually agree it's a good thing. It is surrounded by some controversy, but it's certainly not illegal SC girl. In many cases, if you signed a simple consent to treat form at your clinic, you could be signing a consent to test via their policies (which are available to everyone but almost no one takes the time to read). Working in the foster care system I saw the kids hurt by using mothers who weren't tested. They're actually starting to incarcerate mothers who test positive at birth because it does do severe and irreparable harm to another helpless human being. I'm glad. If you've ever seen a preemie newborn withdrawal from cocaine, meth or prescription pills - you'd agree it's necessary at this point.

People can use themselves straight into the ground as far as I'm concerned - but when it affects the life inside of them they should be held accountable. The only way to hold them accountable is to test if something sends up red flags.

I wouldn't be offended in the least if I was tested and I'm a staunch libertarian who believes in civil liberties and right to life without government intrusion almost to an extreme.

ab and lolly good luck for your anomoly scans :) still another 3 and a bit weeks till mine.

Lolly - ive come to terms with it already :) i just had to have that one day of mourning never having a girl. Dh was telling off his scrotum :haha: it was hillarious!

It is great and I agree with it- however, the reasoning to me on their part was bs to say the least. Just tell me you're doing it and I will say ok. It's really not that hard. I am not a user during or out of pregnancy. And I can't see how women do it to the poor child. My son is healthy and happy- born with no addiction and this one will be no different.

If they told most using moms outright every time they did it though, can you see how so many users would turn tail and run avoiding all prenatal care? Or just as bad, attempt to deliver at home and detox their babies on their own? Or after hospital delivery, but try to flee the hospital without being detected? The suffering those babies would endure......I just can't fathom it :(

A lot have blanket policies or public signs posted in one spot so to avoid that very scenario from playing out. So there is the legal right to test, but still catch those who are too far gone to be aware of the fact.

Right now, social services really does rely on the element of surprise. The vast majority of my placements (14) were newborns smack dab in the middle of withdrawal. Many of their mothers actually used right on up to and including in the bathroom in the middle of labor and thought up until they were due to be discharged that they'd be taking their baby home.....babies with tremors, seizures, hypo or hypertonia, some who couldn't be roused to feed and needed tubes just to get them nutrition, some who never stopped screaming in agony from nerve pain, bm's that would literally scald their bums as if they were acid......they'd blame it on anything and everything else and many would be in shock even after admitting their use that the baby wouldn't even be allowed to leave the hospital much less with them.

I'm so sorry it caught you off guard, and it's never fun when someone pegs you as something you're not, but do you see how it's necessary to catch those who do put their babies in such danger? It's nothing against you personally at all, it's to catch the ones who don't care in the same ways you do about your children.

Just de-lurking.

Re: potty shot pics, I think it varies from trust to trust. I had an NHS scan with my now 9 month old and they gave me an awesome potty shot of his boy bits (and I quote "to show his future girlfriends"!!) and have said I will be able to get the same again with this one in a couple of weeks.

I know some trusts won't do gender revealing at all due to selective terminations so I guess it just varies by area

This is true- I suppose I thought since they get all the info from these moms at the appointment that it would be hard for them to just run away. But I'm sure they would do anything to keep using at that point.

Personally, I'm still feeling off about why they tested me. Just test everyone if you're gonna do that. Don't profile. I see where the concern lies but I did nothing suspicious. They could just as easily have a user come in and not act friendly like me. They would pass right under the radar.

Bringing this down to a lighter note- I have a picture of my last sonogram at 13w. I have hardly got any guesses posting on here and ingender because the pictures were so horrible. I have a few professional friends who gave me a very soft girl guess. Maybe you ladies could have a go at it??! <3 only 1 of the pictures shows part of the nub

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 18
Might be a bit early but has anybody bought any new bits for their babies yet?
I had a summer baby last time so honestly I have no idea what I bought this swaddle blanket today for but it looks cosy haha!

I've also now put one of my Son's teddies in it and I'm carrying it round like a newborn, getting some weird looks off of OH :wacko:

Attachments

• 10617769_10152331174032406_1941841089_n.jpg
    10617769_10152331174032406_1941841089_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4
@PM - I don't really have any experience to go by, but the nub looks horizontal, so my guess would be girl...

The nub on this baby at 12+6 was angled upward, (u/s tech zoomed in on it and explained the nub theory thing, and guessed boy). As of 16 weeks, it's a boy (assuming it'll stay the same at the detailed 20-wk scan!)

Pm- thanks for the guess! I find out for sure in 9 days and each day seems to get longer leading up to it :p

Edit: congrats on your little boy bean!! That's so exciting :) nobody explained nub theory to me until my second baby ;(

Bringing this down to a lighter note- I have a picture of my last sonogram at 13w. I have hardly got any guesses posting on here and ingender because the pictures were so horrible. I have a few professional friends who gave me a very soft girl guess. Maybe you ladies could have a go at it??! <3 only 1 of the pictures shows part of the nub

Looks girly to me :pink: x

Oooo a skull theory guess! Thanks ladies <3 I know it's not as accurate, but it did work with my son :)

MummyLaura - I've got a couple of wraps but also found something similar called "Swaddlepods."

Found at a garage sale - they remind me of cocoons lol

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-SwaddlePod-Ivory-Newborn/dp/B0033UVJOU

I'm curious to see if they like either because my daughter HATED to be wrapped up and my son could take it or leave it as long as it was on me somewhere :p

Mummylaura- I will be buying tons once I figure out gender. But for now I have had to keep myself from buying pink things (such a strong feeling it's a girl)

This will be my second winter baby and I have lots of wraps like that except they're fuzzy :D

Lolly, yay for 20 week scan!! I am excited to hear how it goes! :hugs: Oh and btw, Mummy to be x is having a boy! In case you wanted to update the original post!

PM, Sorry lol I am not very good at gender scans. I will just take a guess and say :pink:!

MummyLaura, I have been buying tons of baby things! I think the only thing we have left now is the diaper bag, breastfeeding items, and the diaper stuff. We plan to get most of that in December, the month I am due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->