*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I got cloth nappies off eBay, paid on average £1.50 each, it is a pain that it's all about bidding and it took me a while to build my stash up but iv got about 30-35 and paid less than £50, I just need to get the boosters for them and they are birth to potty ones so don't need to spend more on getting different sizes, I might not end up sticking with them but I figure that no matter how long I use them for il be saving money somewhere, even if I only use them while we're in the house.

For those of u on second or more or even those on first, have any of u moved or gone through selling and buying a house. I'm 18 weeks on Friday, our house went on the market this week and we're viewing a house on Saturday that I'm really keen on. My issue is I feel we have to have this process all done n dusted within the next 15 weeks so each time we get a setback I feel that bit more anxiety n urgency about it. I just want to get going with it and patience isn't my best trait, I want these type of things done yesterday lol

Dolce - Most of my stash is prefolds (GMD's small and up, and Bummis for my preemie sizes) and Thirsties covers, although I do have quite a few AIO's and pockets for hubs. He was totally on board with it on an "save the planet" and "save the money" level lol, but he's also a bit freaked out by it. When I did daycare just the thought of ME going in to change a diaper made him gag. I wanted to make it as easy as possible on him :haha:

AIO and pocket brands include some Blueberries, Grovia hybrids, Sunbaby's (co-op cost brand new was just $3.00 a diaper!), Kawaii's and a few China cheapies. Lots of bamboo and microfiber inserts/doublers). Definitely a hodge podge, but I got the best I could for as inexpensively as possible!

*****Awesomely proud moment - I plucked my want list off Amazon based on research and reviews but shop for almost everything we want on ebay. Was able to snag two, brand spankin new, never used Sealy Cotton Bliss 2-Stage Organic Crib Mattresses (plus freight shipping) for less than the cost of two plastic-y chemical coated off brand ones. I had to stay up super late to do it but you can bet I threw myself a party at 1am with no shame about it! I love, love, LOVE saving money, and the fact that our list is slowly diminishing!!!

itsnowmyturn- I moved while pregnant with both of my first two. It was stressful, but I found making lists really helped. When you're sitting there thinking about how much there is to do and keep up with it can get overwhelming. If you have a list you can check off long term, and a mini list each time you have to show the house it can make things feel a lot more manageable.

Best of luck with getting the new digs you want. Although stressful that's always so exciting too! :flower:

I'm Due January 2nd!! WEE!
How do you get that January Jelly Bean in your signature?

Hey barb, there's a link on first page xx

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Loved the scan pic Lolly...it's so clear you can see she's just a beautiful baby!

It was so sad reading about some of the ex's you ladies have to deal with. So sorry some of you have yo face crap like that when all you want is for the children to have a good relationship with loving parents. I just can't get my head around women who behave so spitefully, depriving their child of love just so they have money or power. It's horrible! I'd like to think that if DH and I ever split up, I'd be able to put my own issues aside to make sure DS and this baby still grow up with a great relationship with their Dad. Urgh...it's horrible! Massive hugs to everyone dealing with this and a filthy look to the horrors making things difficult.

I'm starting to feel so disorganised! We've still not bought a single thing....oh crap! I'd really like to cloth nappy too but haven't even looked at any info. Maybe after the anomaly scan I'll get sorted....maybe!

I'm not sure who was asking about moving house, but we moved when DS wss 6 months old and then again just 3 weeks ago. It is a bit overwhelming at moments, but I found just dealing with one room at a time, one viewing at a time and having checklists really helpful. We also accepted all offers of help, something I'm usually awful at. I really hope it all goes smoothly for you! X

OH felt her move for the first time yesterday! I was laying in bed and she was wiggling around like crazy. I noticed that I could feel her from the outside and quickly called him over. He was able to feel her!! I did not even have to tell him when it happened!! So excited :).

I did not think it was possible since I too have an anterior placenta.

I haven't really felt any movements yet - at least none that I can be sure of. I hope it starts soon... anyone else in my boat? Or any second time moms not yet feel their first at 20 weeks?

I'm still impatiently waiting! (With an anterior placenta). Still use doppler every few days to make sure he's alive! Big scan a week from today,..

Dolce - Most of my stash is prefolds (GMD's small and up, and Bummis for my preemie sizes) and Thirsties covers, although I do have quite a few AIO's and pockets for hubs. He was totally on board with it on an "save the planet" and "save the money" level lol, but he's also a bit freaked out by it. When I did daycare just the thought of ME going in to change a diaper made him gag. I wanted to make it as easy as possible on him :haha:

AIO and pocket brands include some Blueberries, Grovia hybrids, Sunbaby's (co-op cost brand new was just $3.00 a diaper!), Kawaii's and a few China cheapies. Lots of bamboo and microfiber inserts/doublers). Definitely a hodge podge, but I got the best I could for as inexpensively as possible!

*****Awesomely proud moment - I plucked my want list off Amazon based on research and reviews but shop for almost everything we want on ebay. Was able to snag two, brand spankin new, never used Sealy Cotton Bliss 2-Stage Organic Crib Mattresses (plus freight shipping) for less than the cost of two plastic-y chemical coated off brand ones. I had to stay up super late to do it but you can bet I threw myself a party at 1am with no shame about it! I love, love, LOVE saving money, and the fact that our list is slowly diminishing!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I have mostly thirsties, fitted with covers and AIOs, plus a hodgepodge of a few different ones. The only problem is that AIOs are often huge on a newborn, especially because I make 6lb babies. I have 3 or 4 little joeys from rumparooz, but I definitely need more that would fit small.

I'm Due January 2nd!! WEE!
How do you get that January Jelly Bean in your signature?

Congrats Barbikins! Welcome to the Jellybeans!

OH felt her move for the first time yesterday! I was laying in bed and she was wiggling around like crazy. I noticed that I could feel her from the outside and quickly called him over. He was able to feel her!! I did not even have to tell him when it happened!! So excited :).

I did not think it was possible since I too have an anterior placenta.

How fun for your OH! Congrats!

Barbikins, congrats!

I really want to feel movements already but I know I'm right at the end of January so behind all of you other ladies :) x

Barbikins, congrats!

I really want to feel movements already but I know I'm right at the end of January so behind all of you other ladies :) x

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. You're right on the cusp of feeling lots of wiggles. I'm due 1/1, so a little ahead of you, but you'll catch up soon!

I'm still impatiently waiting! (With an anterior placenta). Still use doppler every few days to make sure he's alive! Big scan a week from today,..

Yay for scans!! It seems like a lot of ppl are in the 1 week wait period now.

Barbikins, congrats!

Soon you will!! Once you do it will be amazing! <3

How fun for your OH! Congrats!

Thank you! :hugs:

I'm starting to think il have a big baby if other end of Jan mums aren't feeling movements yet, this is my first, between 15 and 16 weeks I thought it was just gas bubbles, even told the midwife at my 16 week apt that I'm sure it's not kicks just gas. But then they started happening more often and always around the same place, was weird because it felt like muscle twitches or bubbles popping not the flutters people tell u to look out for so I didn't think it was kicks but it's now unmistakable and u can see and feel them on the outside, baby is just a monkey in that when I look or feel it stops and waits till I look away or Take my hand away. I'm not quite 18 weeks so I wasnt expecting to feel this much yet.....I guess around 9lb when born lol

Messica thanks for the tips, I'm not worried about showing ppl round or anything I'm more worried about the timescale of it and as each day passes it's a day closer to meaning we have to put the move on hold until the future (who knows how far into the future) it worries me that we might not sell the house Quick enough or if we find a house that has an upwards chain that the chain might not move fast enough. Then I'm worried that once all that is sorted that we will end up with delays and I will get closer to my due date

I'm starting to think il have a big baby if other end of Jan mums aren't feeling movements yet, this is my first, between 15 and 16 weeks I thought it was just gas bubbles, even told the midwife at my 16 week apt that I'm sure it's not kicks just gas. But then they started happening more often and always around the same place, was weird because it felt like muscle twitches or bubbles popping not the flutters people tell u to look out for so I didn't think it was kicks but it's now unmistakable and u can see and feel them on the outside, baby is just a monkey in that when I look or feel it stops and waits till I look away or Take my hand away. I'm not quite 18 weeks so I wasnt expecting to feel this much yet.....I guess around 9lb when born lol

I don't think early movement is a warning sign of a big baby. I felt DD1 at 15.5 weeks and DD2 at 10 weeks. They were 6.11 and 5.12 lbs. I felt this baby a bit later. I think it's just placenta location.

Not to bring the convo down... but I just found out about an hour ago that my grandmother is in the hospital with heart failure :( we knew it was coming but her whole body is shutting down and it's so hard to handle. Especially being pregnant. Any good thoughts or prayers you ladies can spare would be great <3

I don't think your abnormal I felt a couple movements last week. This week baby has been kicking like crazy. I cant see or feel mine on outside but I am obese so will take more time for me :) Grats on feeling the baby its so reassuring

Just to let everyone know I caved and paid for a gender scan lol. We are team blue! So excited and happy :) I dont know how to do the stork lol

Attachments

• IMAGES_20.jpg
    IMAGES_20.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAGES_7.jpg
    IMAGES_7.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
Not to bring the convo down... but I just found out about an hour ago that my grandmother is in the hospital with heart failure :( we knew it was coming but her whole body is shutting down and it's so hard to handle. Especially being pregnant. Any good thoughts or prayers you ladies can spare would be great <3

Oh gosh hunny I'm so sorry! I will be praying for her and for you to have strength and peace during this time! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you <3 we are going up next week it sounds like to see her a final time. I haven't told any family about the new baby. I will be telling her because our little girl will be getting my grandmas middle name as her own. I want her to know before she passes. I'm so heartbroken that she will never get to meet my daughter :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->