*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Yeah I could not find "b" it was the only one that came up for me :(.
I am so excited to get it though! 10-15 days ugh lol

I've just had my 20week scan and everything looks good with the baby which is the most important thing but the lady scanning was awful, I left feeling so upset!

I've just had my 20week scan and everything looks good with the baby which is the most important thing but the lady scanning was awful, I left feeling so upset!

Awww, what happen? :(
btw glad to hear baby is doing well!

Firstly I asked not find find out the sex and she kept saying "he" I'm still counting myself as team yellow though. When I asked for an extra photo which I was willing to pay for she said "no, that's what you get for having a naughty baby. I've already eaten into another patients time by getting him to move around" this may be true but in the waiting room there were others who clearly had more than one photo. Now I have to make to rubbish decision on who doesn't get a real copy. Throughout the whole thing she was just really cold , had no bedside manner at all.

I know the main Important thing is that he or SHE is happy and healthy and I may just be hormonal but it really put a downer I what was supposed to be a lovely experience

Firstly I asked not find find out the sex and she kept saying "he" I'm still counting myself as team yellow though. When I asked for an extra photo which I was willing to pay for she said "no, that's what you get for having a naughty baby. I've already eaten into another patients time by getting him to move around" this may be true but in the waiting room there were others who clearly had more than one photo. Now I have to make to rubbish decision on who doesn't get a real copy. Throughout the whole thing she was just really cold , had no bedside manner at all.

I know the main Important thing is that he or SHE is happy and healthy and I may just be hormonal but it really put a downer I what was supposed to be a lovely experience

Wow, that is just horrible :cry:.

I can't believe someone would be that rude. It is not like you can take moments like that back and do them over. I feel so bad for you hun. I am so sorry she had to ruin what was supposed to be one of the most memorable moments.

I have a Sonoline B. Have been hearing heartbeat since just after 8 weeks :)

I'm really struggling with itchy eyes, the pollen count is low so I'm not sure why but they are so so bad. The Doctor gave me some eye drops but they burn so bad I can't use them. Have any of you had anything similar in pregnancy?

Omg, my allergies have been so bad this summer! They're not usually too bad, but I've had horrible itchy eyes, and sneezing like crazy. Plus headaches, ugh.
I hate taking medicine if up I can deal without it, though, so I've been dealing without taking anything.

I seriously feel bad for you ladies who have crappy sonographers. This is my 5th, and I have never had to deal with the attitudes you have to deal with. Seriously?!? Punishing u because your lo is "naughty"??? Good grief! I'm so sorry it was a bad experience.

Sorry you had a bad experience 0203, maybe she was saying "he" to throw you off. Xx

0203, I am always worried a tech will screw up my team yellow as well. Ugh.
And as for the photo? Well....my hospital techs seems very stingy with giving me a photo at my appointments and I have to pay for them so what to do they give a shit? Actually at my Anatomy Scan, I had to ask for a photo - she wasn't going to just give one to me. Like, seriously?
Anyway, sounds like a jerk of a tech...lol

That's rotten 0203! Urgh, I feel so bad and annoyed for you! I'd be pretty upset if the tech was using a particular reference especially after making it clear you didn't want to know, but maybe she uses "he" as a kind of default? Let's hope that's true! Sorry you didn't get some extra images either. I think it's all so ordinary to some of the techs that they forget how profoundly important the scans are to us, and are far too dismissive of our desire to remember the experience. But, as you said yourself, the wonderful thing everything is perfect with your baby: congratulations! :happydance:

That's really awful 0203, sorry to hear that :/

Anyone else's hormones really get the better of them?
I just had a major breakdown and had to ring my mum over for help.. My OH is really unwell with his crohn's disease and my 2 year old still has naps but never does if I try and get him to nap, so I have an over tired, moody, bored child who simply will not listen to me. I was just trying to make him dinner and he just got the cereal box and threw cereal everywhere, then when I was bringing out his dinner, I dropped it all over the carpet and the pasta sauce was bright orange! :nope::nope:

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone is doing well! I spent the night in the emergency/delivery room triage last night. What happened... I took a nap at 6:30, woke up at 8:00 with blurry vision and a numb hand. I called our local nurse hotline and they suggested calling the nurse at the hospital I'm registered to give birth at. When I called they said to come in right away. I ended up waiting for almost 4 hours for a doctor to tell me that if the vision blurriness comes back I should see an ophthalmologist and that my hand was probably tingling because I slept on it. It was such a waste of time. The only good thing that came of it was we got to hear our baby's heartbeat which was a nice strong 155bpm!

Hey all! Just checking in. I've been so busy at work I just don't have much time to read all my BnB stuff lately! I can't believe how many recent family member losses there have been!! Add me to the list. I found out that my cousin died in a motorcycle accident last week. She was 29, and was my aunt and uncle's only child. We weren't super close at the time of her death, but spent a lot of time together as kids. It just tore me up thinking about how my aunt/uncle and her husband will be suffering greatly in the month's to come:( Especially being pregnant, you put yourself in their shoes and think about how horrible it would feel to lose a child. In addition to dealing with that and the funeral last week, I worked 50 hours and was about ready to quit my job. We're worked like dogs and nobody seems to care. I think I totally overdid it and because of all the stress of everything, my nausea was so bad over the weekend it was like I was in the first tri again! It's improved again though, thank goodness.

We find out the gender in 5 days!! I can't wait. I just need a "pick-me-up" and I always feel super happy after my OB appointments. Just hope baby is healthy and all goes well.

Sorry for your loss mrsstrezy and glad you are okay wifey

Thanks for the support everyone. Now I have got over the poor service I was given I can focus on our lovely healthy baby :) in a way though I wonder if we should have found out the sex. It might have made a not nice moment more special. Oh well we are team yellow all the way now!

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone is doing well! I spent the night in the emergency/delivery room triage last night. What happened... I took a nap at 6:30, woke up at 8:00 with blurry vision and a numb hand. I called our local nurse hotline and they suggested calling the nurse at the hospital I'm registered to give birth at. When I called they said to come in right away. I ended up waiting for almost 4 hours for a doctor to tell me that if the vision blurriness comes back I should see an ophthalmologist and that my hand was probably tingling because I slept on it. It was such a waste of time. The only good thing that came of it was we got to hear our baby's heartbeat which was a nice strong 155bpm!

Wow strange! But really glad it's not your pregnancy or baby! So that's always good news! It's hard not to worry xo

Bb I had them with Zoe, anusol helped a bit xx

The asda baby event starts today UK ladies. I had a quick look on the website but I'm not feeling particularly inspired at the moment. As a first time mum it's a bit bit overwhelming so I'm going to make a list of everything I still need to buy first

That's really awful 0203, sorry to hear that :/

Anyone else's hormones really get the better of them?
I just had a major breakdown and had to ring my mum over for help.. My OH is really unwell with his crohn's disease and my 2 year old still has naps but never does if I try and get him to nap, so I have an over tired, moody, bored child who simply will not listen to me. I was just trying to make him dinner and he just got the cereal box and threw cereal everywhere, then when I was bringing out his dinner, I dropped it all over the carpet and the pasta sauce was bright orange! :nope::nope:

Awww :hugs:

My emotions get the best of me sometimes too. Sucks about the pasta sauce, that must have been a huge pain to clean up. I hope it did not stain!!

Glad everything was ok and you got to hear your baby's hb!! :)

Hey all! Just checking in. I've been so busy at work I just don't have much time to read all my BnB stuff lately! I can't believe how many recent family member losses there have been!! Add me to the list. I found out that my cousin died in a motorcycle accident last week. She was 29, and was my aunt and uncle's only child. We weren't super close at the time of her death, but spent a lot of time together as kids. It just tore me up thinking about how my aunt/uncle and her husband will be suffering greatly in the month's to come:( Especially being pregnant, you put yourself in their shoes and think about how horrible it would feel to lose a child. In addition to dealing with that and the funeral last week, I worked 50 hours and was about ready to quit my job. We're worked like dogs and nobody seems to care. I think I totally overdid it and because of all the stress of everything, my nausea was so bad over the weekend it was like I was in the first tri again! It's improved again though, thank goodness.

We find out the gender in 5 days!! I can't wait. I just need a "pick-me-up" and I always feel super happy after my OB appointments. Just hope baby is healthy and all goes well.

Sorry sorry about your cousin. That must be so devastating for your family. My sympathies are with you and yours.

Yay for gender scan!! 5/4 days is not too far off!! So exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->