*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

You had a c section the second go around right? The recovery on that is hard. I am nervous for my second time. With my son I also had a nurse who was pushy to make me move. It really helped. But sooooooooooo painful >.<

i did :) And i have to say i healed so much easier from that than i did from my vaginal delivery with ds1. It took me a very very long time to heal from ds1s birth both mentally and physically. with my section i was up on my feet and doing everything normally within a couple days :D xx

Hi ladies, I felt some really good jabs tonight from our boy. Some on the inside and some I felt and saw from the outside! Every time I call DH to see he misses them :(

Dolce- His name is Artax (like the white horse from The Never Ending Story) best dog I have ever met. He doesn't even bark and he lets my son just tug on his ears and fur.

Janet- Thanks!! He's so fluffy :D

Seth- Wow!! That's nutty!! It took me about 4 days. I hear the second time is easier though? I am still making hubby take like 3 weeks off of work this time because I will have to be running after my son as well. I'll take all the help I can get :p

ML, that really sucks hun about your doggie!
PM, Same to you hun, hope you are able to figure out what is bothering your dog so much.

she said that its illegal for her to do so. Apparently all clinics had an e-mail earlier that week to say that they were no longer allowed to hand out potty shots as it had been discovered that some people had been passing them into the wrong hands. It is apparently only in england.. but i dont know if i believe her now :S because other ladies have had potty shots. I think she just couldnt be bothered to get a proper potty shot :( she was such a rubbish tech. she judged me by my size before we even got into the scan room.

This really sucks! I can't believe someone would actually say that to another person, especially someone who is paying them for a service. May I ask why they said "in the wrong hands"? I am so confused by this, how can you hand a scan over to the wrong person?

Hi ladies, I felt some really good jabs tonight from our boy. Some on the inside and some I felt and saw from the outside! Every time I call DH to see he misses them :(

Congratulations on big movements hun! <3 that always seems to be the way when our other halves want to feel :haha:

Dolce- His name is Artax (like the white horse from The Never Ending Story) best dog I have ever met. He doesn't even bark and he lets my son just tug on his ears and fur.

Janet- Thanks!! He's so fluffy :D

Seth- Wow!! That's nutty!! It took me about 4 days. I hear the second time is easier though? I am still making hubby take like 3 weeks off of work this time because I will have to be running after my son as well. I'll take all the help I can get :p

What a gorgeous name for a gorgeous dog!

I have heard that too hun. Although im hoping not to find out anything about 2nd c-sections lol. I was on my feet by the end of the day of my section (with help as i still had cathater in) then come 6am the next morning i was begging the midwife to remove the cathater and once she did that (she did it right away) I ran into the shower :haha: I felt like a new woman and that was it from that point on..i did everything myself with no help. I even had to pick up ds1 as when he was visiting with DH he fell off my hospital bed whilst dh had hold of ds2. 7am the next morning i had my bags packed and sat waiting to be discharged :haha: midwives were all laughing at me but i was sooo eager to get home to ds1. I even walked down to his nursery right after getting home i was so desperate to see him (although it did take double the usual time lol)

ML, that really sucks hun about your doggie!
PM, Same to you hun, hope you are able to figure out what is bothering your dog so much.

she said that its illegal for her to do so. Apparently all clinics had an e-mail earlier that week to say that they were no longer allowed to hand out potty shots as it had been discovered that some people had been passing them into the wrong hands. It is apparently only in england.. but i dont know if i believe her now :S because other ladies have had potty shots. I think she just couldnt be bothered to get a proper potty shot :( she was such a rubbish tech. she judged me by my size before we even got into the scan room.

This really sucks! I can't believe someone would actually say that to another person, especially someone who is paying them for a service. May I ask why they said "in the wrong hands"? I am so confused by this, how can you hand a scan over to the wrong person?

According to her they had been passed to the hands of paedophiles. x

urgh i dont know hun.. she looked so serious when she was talking about it :S Im going to google it now i think. Whats the bets iv been taken for a right fool :dohh:

I have been such a freaking fool!! I cannot find one single thing about it online! That freaking woman took me for a right idiot.. im so mad!

Id put in a formal complaint. If anything you may get a freebie scan from someone different as an apology!

Hubby has changed his mind on the name we agreed on so back to square one!

Oh no!! i hate when men do that!!

Ive just sent them an e-mail hun.. i dont want another scan from them though as theres only that one woman who does them :cry: :cry: so mad at myself for not being firm with her on the day.

Tara that is crap. Its not just the money for scan, it cost you money to travel too! What a nasty cow.

Bb, I hate when that happens. Takes so long to choose a name. Xx

Not only does it take long to choose a name, but in my case its taking even longer to choose a spelling. There is over 10 ways to spell Riya.... We are still undecided if we want Riyah, or Riya.

Hey ladies :hi: only getting a chance to pop in quickly again, busy busy busy!

Congrats princessmommy :pink: welcome to team pink!

Hope everyone's ok? BB I'm getting lots of stretching and cramping, totally normal hun :thumbup: hear ya on the name difficulty too, we chose baby's name for either sex before finding out and now OH is umming and ahhing over our girl choice :grr: tough titties, because we aren't changing it!

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow, can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by. Starting to think about getting the nursery ready, even though she won't be in there until she's around 6 months old anyway but I just want somewhere to put all her stuff and so I can start getting all these gorgeous little sleep suits and outfits hung in a wardrobe and folded in drawers :cloud9:

UK girls - Mothercare are having an expectant parent event in my area in October. Have any of you ever been to one before? Is it worth it or just a sales pitch?

Seth- wow!! You're a strong woman! I definitely took my time healing!! Lol. They also still had me on a small flow of epi up until the end of my first day. So I had noodle legs until the middle of the next day. Guess they do it a bit different in the states? I didn't mind it though :D I was in so much pain that anything helped really. Hearing about the googling of what that tech told you- I definitely second the idea of you calling and complaining! You deserve a refund at least. Not to mention an apology. Hopefully you get a good response!

Lolly- thanks!! I'm excited to be on the team :)

UK girls - Mothercare are having an expectant parent event in my area in October. Have any of you ever been to one before? Is it worth it or just a sales pitch?

I went to one when I was pregnant with DD2 and found it was mainly sales pitches! But they gave lots of good advice an tips on using certain items, etc, so for a first time parent I imagine it would have been definitely helpful and informative but I as a second timer just wanted to grab some freebies & get my boobs measured for a nursing bra and browse all the baby bits! They had organised sit downs and listen/q&a with colleagues talking about car seats, feeding etc so its definitely worth going to if you feel like you could do with knowing more about those things from trained professionals :thumbup: they also had people giving out their business details too for hypno birthing and such too.

Ladies, especially those who already have babies...how many clothes do you suggest buying? I really don't want to over buy and have loads left over but know that a lot of people buy clothes when the baby is born. We are staying team yellow so finding really difficult to find nice baby grows as it is!

I have been such a freaking fool!! I cannot find one single thing about it online! That freaking woman took me for a right idiot.. im so mad!

I did say it sounded bullshit. Given the vast majority of people can't interpret those scans at the best of times. I suspect she was just lazy tbh.

I will be here a bit more once our 20 weeks scan is done on Thursday :)

Seth- wow!! You're a strong woman! I definitely took my time healing!! Lol. They also still had me on a small flow of epi up until the end of my first day. So I had noodle legs until the middle of the next day. Guess they do it a bit different in the states? I didn't mind it though :D I was in so much pain that anything helped really. Hearing about the googling of what that tech told you- I definitely second the idea of you calling and complaining! You deserve a refund at least. Not to mention an apology. Hopefully you get a good response!

Lolly- thanks!! I'm excited to be on the team :)

it probably is hun.. here they want you up and about asap. You dont get an epi top up.. or even an epi. its done with a spinal if they can. I was up on my feet at around 4pm so they could clean me up (had section just after 9am) then again later that night so they could clean up again. we are given regular pain killers though. I have e-mailed them with a complaint.

Hey ladies :hi: only getting a chance to pop in quickly again, busy busy busy!

Congrats princessmommy :pink: welcome to team pink!

Hope everyone's ok? BB I'm getting lots of stretching and cramping, totally normal hun :thumbup: hear ya on the name difficulty too, we chose baby's name for either sex before finding out and now OH is umming and ahhing over our girl choice :grr: tough titties, because we aren't changing it!

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow, can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by. Starting to think about getting the nursery ready, even though she won't be in there until she's around 6 months old anyway but I just want somewhere to put all her stuff and so I can start getting all these gorgeous little sleep suits and outfits hung in a wardrobe and folded in drawers :cloud9:

oh no sorry dh is umming and aaing over names hun! <3 im with you on wanting to get somewhere ready. I so want babies cot set up already :haha:

Not only does it take long to choose a name, but in my case its taking even longer to choose a spelling. There is over 10 ways to spell Riya.... We are still undecided if we want Riyah, or Riya.

Riya looks fab :D and will be easy for her to learn :D

Tara that is crap. Its not just the money for scan, it cost you money to travel too! What a nasty cow.

Bb, I hate when that happens. Takes so long to choose a name. Xx

thankfully it didnt cost too much to get there... well i say that it was £30.

sorry hun iv never been to one before but its probably a good thing if you want some info about different products before you buy then :D

Ladies, especially those who already have babies...how many clothes do you suggest buying? I really don't want to over buy and have loads left over but know that a lot of people buy clothes when the baby is born. We are staying team yellow so finding really difficult to find nice baby grows as it is!

umm i think it really depends on how often you plan on changing baby.. all mine have had reflux so they changed often so i had loads of little clothes.

I did say it sounded bullshit. Given the vast majority of people can't interpret those scans at the best of times. I suspect she was just lazy tbh.

I will be here a bit more once our 20 weeks scan is done on Thursday :)

:( wish id checked earlier. I have asked her for proof of this so-called e-mail. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->