*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

What did the sonographer tell you that was bullsh!t sethsmummys? Sorry, must have missed your OP and too lazy to scroll back :haha:

Ladies, especially those who already have babies...how many clothes do you suggest buying? I really don't want to over buy and have loads left over but know that a lot of people buy clothes when the baby is born. We are staying team yellow so finding really difficult to find nice baby grows as it is!

I'm probably not the best person to ask as I usually go overboard :rofl: but always best to have too many than not enough I say. I got loads of outfits for DD1 but all of the leaky yellow pooey nappies that destroys clothes and constant spit ups kinda made me regret that, so I wised up with DD2 and she was mostly in sleepsuits for the first 2-3 months, with the odd outfit thrown in here and there, and if we were seeing family or going out to meet friends. Depending on what size baby is at birth will determine how many newborn size clothes you need, but I'd say around 8-10 sleepsuits and the same, if not a bit more in newborn. You'd need to do regular washes though as sometimes DD2 who was quite a sicky baby had to be changed 3 times a day, sometimes even more than that. If baby's big when born they may go straight into 0-3 and you'll need more of those clothes to last you until s/he moves up to the next size.

Muslin cloths are invaluable btw. My best baby buy! Stock up on those bad boys :lol:

Seth- they did a spinal on me but kept the tube in for a while. Just after I had my son they wouldn't give me more if I asked. Though, they kept a steady flow going the rest of the day. Then I got pain killers which didn't do dittly squat for me >_< I got cleaned up on my second day there after delivery- same day I left. But they told me not to shower for a few days @_@ just wipe myself clean. They like to push people out here as well but I feel like they're more careful with c sections. They make you stay 3-4 days (at least where I was at). We had to get special permission to leave at the end of the second day. We had to because of a major snow storm coming! I still think you're one tough lady! I couldn't even stand without lots of help my second day. Good luck with the email :) let us know what happens

Ladies, especially those who already have babies...how many clothes do you suggest buying? I really don't want to over buy and have loads left over but know that a lot of people buy clothes when the baby is born. We are staying team yellow so finding really difficult to find nice baby grows as it is!

I'm probably not the best person to ask as I usually go overboard :rofl: but always best to have too many than not enough I say. I got loads of outfits for DD1 but all of the leaky yellow pooey nappies that destroys clothes and constant spit ups kinda made me regret that, so I wised up with DD2 and she was mostly in sleepsuits for the first 2-3 months, with the odd outfit thrown in here and there, and if we were seeing family or going out to meet friends. Depending on what size baby is at birth will determine how many newborn size clothes you need, but I'd say around 8-10 sleepsuits and the same, if not a bit more in newborn. You'd need to do regular washes though as sometimes DD2 who was quite a sicky baby had to be changed 3 times a day, sometimes even more than that. If baby's big when born they may go straight into 0-3 and you'll need more of those clothes to last you until s/he moves up to the next size.

Muslin cloths are invaluable btw. My best baby buy! Stock up on those bad boys :lol:

Thanks for the advice and thanks to sethsmummy too. I got really cross at my mum today as she said I had too much stuff and I was going overboard. I have 5 newborn sleepsuits and 7 0-3 ones and I don't feel like that is overboard. What mainly annoyed me is that she bought loads of stuff anyway so it's mostly her bits :haha:

One thing I have overbought on....I accidentally bid on to separate pramsuits on ebay :dohh: they are identical and I thought I had been outbid :haha:

0203- my husband and I were the same way so don't feel bad!! Sleep wear is always the cutest and it's soooo hard to resist buying!! We used them all even though my son grew out of the new born within a few weeks and the 0-3 within a month after that @_@ I will probably do the same with our little girl :D

I have a lot more clothing than that but I'm also stocked up till about 6 months, lots of girls stuff, a few boys things and quite a bit of neutral and yet I still won't know till Wednesday at the earliest what it is, some things are just too good a deal to pass up though and I figured with all the spitting up and possible diaper explosions you can't really have too much, I'll just make sure to use the cuter things first and get a picture of them in each outfit.
I've thought I've been feeling movements for a few weeks now and a few days ago it was confirmed as I felt it on the outside as well, ever since this little wiggle worm has barely given me a break, every time I lay down it's just constant movement it seems.

Hi Ladies,

I was part of the January Jellybeans but sadly lost my little one at the end of June. I just came by to check on everyone - Sunshine85 and BrunetteBimbo, I know you both struggled for these babies and I am overwhelmed with joy that your pregnancies are going well!!! You both give me hope for the next time! <3

Hi Ladies,

I was part of the January Jellybeans but sadly lost my little one at the end of June. I just came by to check on everyone - Sunshine85 and BrunetteBimbo, I know you both struggled for these babies and I am overwhelmed with joy that your pregnancies are going well!!! You both give me hope for the next time! <3

Thank you so much.

So so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

So sorry for your loss :( I hope you get your rainbow baby next time <3 stay strong mama

Hi Ladies,

So sorry for your loss Jun :(.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear that, sorry for your loss <3

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for your loss hun :hugs:

Sorry again for your loss Di, I hope you get your rainbow baby soon xx

Hi Ladies,

So sorry for your loss; hope you have your rainbow baby soon x :hugs:

Anyone else's boobs started leaking? Mine have slightly today! I don't know if it's coincidence but I ditched my underwire bras yesterday and swapped to maternity bras!

Anyone else's boobs started leaking? Mine have slightly today! I don't know if it's coincidence but I ditched my underwire bras yesterday and swapped to maternity bras!

I keep getting like a very faint wet feeling but there's nothing there lol, maybe it's just my imagination x

What did the sonographer tell you that was bullsh!t sethsmummys? Sorry, must have missed your OP and too lazy to scroll back :haha:

that they are now not allowed to give out potty shots in England due to them being passed into the hands of paedophiles and if she did she could loose her liscence.

Seth- they did a spinal on me but kept the tube in for a while. Just after I had my son they wouldn't give me more if I asked. Though, they kept a steady flow going the rest of the day. Then I got pain killers which didn't do dittly squat for me >_< I got cleaned up on my second day there after delivery- same day I left. But they told me not to shower for a few days @_@ just wipe myself clean. They like to push people out here as well but I feel like they're more careful with c sections. They make you stay 3-4 days (at least where I was at). We had to get special permission to leave at the end of the second day. We had to because of a major snow storm coming! I still think you're one tough lady! I couldn't even stand without lots of help my second day. Good luck with the email :) let us know what happens

I think here you can stay in 3-4 days too.. i was just determined lol. We were encouraged to shower if we felt upto it but werent allowed to close the bathroom door :haha: i had the quickest shower ever since all the midwives etc just walked into your room without knocking first :haha: Im hoping if i have to have another this time i can be out the same day or the very next morning. Ds1 wouldnt cope too well with me being gone more than that. Ive had no e-mails back yet funily enough although when it was enquiries about paying for a scan they got back to me the same day even at the weekend.

I have a lot more clothing than that but I'm also stocked up till about 6 months, lots of girls stuff, a few boys things and quite a bit of neutral and yet I still won't know till Wednesday at the earliest what it is, some things are just too good a deal to pass up though and I figured with all the spitting up and possible diaper explosions you can't really have too much, I'll just make sure to use the cuter things first and get a picture of them in each outfit.
I've thought I've been feeling movements for a few weeks now and a few days ago it was confirmed as I felt it on the outside as well, ever since this little wiggle worm has barely given me a break, every time I lay down it's just constant movement it seems.

aww congratulations on feeling proper movements hun <3

:( wish id checked earlier. I have asked her for proof of this so-called e-mail. xx
She bloody better because otherwise it's just playing on people's anxiety and a truly unprofessional thing to do :(

i think this is definitely what shes done hun all because of my size and her dislike for it

Hi Ladies,

so sorry for your loss hun. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon.

I keep getting like a very faint wet feeling but there's nothing there lol, maybe it's just my imagination x

I have the wet thing but no obvious leaking x

Mines like clear on the end of my nipple. :lol: I remember it started like this with Tristan. I got to the point of having to wear breast pads at the end!

Mine have been leaking since 19 weeks! Or around there maybe even earlier at about 18 weeks (can't remember lol). It is mostly a clear liquid, but sometimes I will find a white crusty stuff (tmi I know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->