*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

oh my gosh.. its bad how many ladies i see on here whos doctors didnt believe they were in labour! thats shocking!

the swelling at the back is from vontouse being used.. and the bruising is from the foreceps.. the stiches are covering a cut caused by the foreceps xx

That poor little thing!!! I'm so sorry :( my grandma said back in the day they used a robot thing to cut the incision :x 2 of her kids came out with a big gash on their heads!

oh my gosh really :o Eekk im so glad things have made a big big leap in how theyre done now!

If that bitch of a Doctor walks in this time she will be getting my foot up her arse and kicked out! She is NOT touching me!!

My full birth story can be found on the first page of my journal. Pictures too :)

i cant see your birth story hun xx

Yes they apparently didn't think a doctors hand was steady enough to do it! It was like a meat slicer she said. I almost fainted listening to the story!!

I'm sort of relieved now I am getting a c section this go around. Those 3 days of back labour were enough for me :S

gorgeous pic mummy laura! <3 <3

oh my i think id have felt queezy hearing about it too. :o

i hope you love your section as much as i did hun!

Thanks!! I feel like it will be tons better scheduled rather than not. I am also hoping I don't go in to labour before hand @_@ I'm pretty sure my DH hopes so too. I was horrid while he was driving me to the hospital :p I kept telling him to shut up and drive lol!! He was being so lovely the whole time. Bless him <3

I hope so! Your little boy is so cute! Was that normal birth with him? What is this 'forceps'? Is it some type of suction used to help get baby out?

thanks hun :) he was teeny tiny anda cutie even with all his bruising and looking like a tangerine from jaundice. He was an assisted delivery using both vontouse and then foreceps.

the suction thing is vontous .. thats like a cup thats put on babies head and they use suction to try help get baby out. Foreceps are a metal instrument that is placed on either side of babies head and the doctor pulls on them to pull baby out. I was pulled from the top of the bed to the middle of the bed during mine.

They tried ventouse and forceps with me WITHOUT pain relief! I don't think I've ever screamed so loud in my life. I told them in the end to stop. They couldn't even get the forceps in. His heartrate dropped and I heard the word c-section and something came over me and I just went for it and got him out myself thankfully. I pushed for 2 and a half hours after being in labour from Saturday to Monday. I was traumatised for months. I had nightmares for a very long time. Luckily I feel much more positive this time round. I feel like I lost control last time and hopefully I won't this time because I know what to expect.

Does anyone know anything about hypnobirthing?

oh man hun im so sorry they did that! Im glad i had a spinal before either of mine but i was fully prepped for a section just incase. I really hope we both get nice births this time round! xx

Ouch! That must be sore on babies! I would never opt for docs to use that, sounds really painful!

I posted about leaking a little while back, I think it started around 15 weeks or so. My left nipple is always sore and I had been finding the crusty stuff as well and thought it was just some dry peeling skin till I looked one day and I was all wet, now I get some wet spots on my shirt occasionally but only from the left, never the right, yet when I squeeze the right side a bit I will leak there too.

aww congratulations on feeling proper movements hun <3

Thank you!

gorgeous pic mummy laura! <3 <3

oh my i think id have felt queezy hearing about it too. :o

i hope you love your section as much as i did hun!

Here's a birth day picture from me, princess mummy :)

Tired mama!!! Lol :) what an adorable baby. Gosh I love the new born cheeks!!! <3 I wanna squish their faces 8D

Very tired and still a bit high haha, your sons are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what this baby is gonna look like. I'm so used to my Son and it's weird to think that I've made a child the same way I did the first one but it's gonna be a completely different person, know what I mean? :) xx

I posted about leaking a little while back, I think it started around 15 weeks or so. My left nipple is always sore and I had been finding the crusty stuff as well and thought it was just some dry peeling skin till I looked one day and I was all wet, now I get some wet spots on my shirt occasionally but only from the left, never the right, yet when I squeeze the right side a bit I will leak there too.

aww congratulations on feeling proper movements hun <3

Thank you!

One of mine started before the other too! Perfectly normal :) as I said- it's colostrum!! Just pre- milk stuff :3 get some boobie pads for your bra! I have some washable ones that are super absorbent! I keep em in my purse now that I'm preggo again just in case!

Laura- thanks!! He's a cutie for sure :) I know exactly what you mean! I have no clue what to expect but I'm so excited <3 that and I wanna see what it looks like when my hubby and I make a girl :) can't wait till she has him wrapped around that little finger of hers ;) won't be long

Yeah same here. My son had dark hair like his daddy at birth so I'm wondering if this little girl with have blonde hair like I did at birth :) x

Beautiful baby pictures ladies.

So sorry some if you had very dramatic birth stories, here's hoping this time round we are all Lucky.

I feel so impatient :haha: feels like there is still ages to wait!

Can any of you recommend a good belly support? I thought I was too small for one, but doc said it may help with my pain...

I'm carrying so low I constantly feel pressure/cramps and get back pain if I do much...

Can any of you recommend a good belly support? I thought I was too small for one, but doc said it may help with my pain...

I'm carrying so low I constantly feel pressure/cramps and get back pain if I do much...

I don't have any advice on that one hun :( Though I am interested in seeing the responses as I will need some support soon myself! Best of luck- I hope you get some help with that soon!! Did you try asking your ob?

0203- At least you're over 20 weeks girly!! I am still waiting a few weeks to hit the half way mark :( I'm getting more antsy by the second!

Gorgeous baby pictures! I just want to hug and squish every baby I see!:haha:

I've always been more scared of episiotomies and forceps than of a C-section for some reason. I've never had one, but I've had many abdominal surgeries...been cut from stem to stern several times.

You guys have reignited my fears about forceps. :nope:

How do you ladies feel about episiotomies? lol obviously no one wants one, but is it better than tearing? Ugh, just the thought of it.....:sick:

I don't have any advice on that one hun :( Though I am interested in seeing the responses as I will need some support soon myself! Best of luck- I hope you get some help with that soon!! Did you try asking your ob?

The ob is who recommended getting the support. She's also referring me to a physical therapist, because she says back pain doesn't have to be normal in pregnancy.

Got ya! Mine always was with my son. It was almost constant past 20w and my ob pretty much told me to deal with it >.< he was just SO much help with that problem

The ob is who recommended getting the support. She's also referring me to a physical therapist, because she says back pain doesn't have to be normal in pregnancy.

This is the support belt I have SC:
https://www.amazon.com/Mother-To-Be...308&sr=8-1&keywords=mother+to+be+support+belt

PT helped me with my sciatica first two pregnancies but didn't touch my pain this time. ***CHIROPRACTOR*** however did. I'd never seen one before and was skeptical but my high risk OB pretty much guaranteed relief. Just a few hip adjustments unlocked my pelvis and pretty much cured my SPD. I only go once a month now if I need it, I literally cried and hugged my chiropractor when she was done. Was the first time I was able to walk in months without excruciating pain.

I definitely recommend a reputable one if you're open to that.

I absolutely agree with your OB that back/pelvic pain doesn't have to be just a normal thing to put up with during pregnancy :thumbup:

Gorgeous baby pictures! I just want to hug and squish every baby I see!:haha:

I've always been more scared of episiotomies and forceps than of a C-section for some reason. I've never had one, but I've had many abdominal surgeries...been cut from stem to stern several times.

You guys have reignited my fears about forceps. :nope:

How do you ladies feel about episiotomies? lol obviously no one wants one, but is it better than tearing? Ugh, just the thought of it.....:sick:

I think this is where choosing a really experienced OB comes into play.

Forceps and episiotomies are completely unnecessary in most circumstances. If you do end up needing either, you should trust that your doc wouldn't be going that far unless you or baby really REALLY needs it.

I know for many docs their use becomes routine - that wouldn't be ok with me. I raked mine over the coals before deciding he was "worthy" of delivering my kids lol. I didn't want someone who was going to cut me unnecessarily, or use ridiculous instrumentation that was potentially dangerous to my babies, on a whim just because he wanted to get to lunch faster. He delivers loads of babies, and it's extremely rare he needs to resort to such things.

ACOG themselves have said episiotomies are a largely unnecessary procedure of the past. I'm glad he agrees.

(I didn't need episiotomies or tools to assist with my births. Perineal massage, patience and good guidance via my OB and nurses did the trick - and sure does get the vast majority of women through just fine :flower: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->