*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

This will be the last year I'm buying for brothers, sils, cousins, etc. I will get them uncle and auntie presents off the sprog but other than that it's going to be more expensive. They're lucky they r getting any this year, Im not one to be petty but my brothers stopped buying for me a while ago, their gfs buy the gifts n one brother didn't bother the year his gf got pregnant. I'm trying with the idea of not bothering but I think il just get them something cheap for the home. Depends what mood I'm in while I'm finishing my shopping lol

Oh no I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it at the moment Luce :hugs: when's your GTT? I hope you don't have GD but if you do it's good they'll be able to diagnose and treat early x

It's tomorrow at 8.10 so I can only have water from 10pm tonight. Diabetes runs in my family so I knew was going to have to be tested, just not this early :(

Finally getting some boys in the mix here, congrats!!

So, I was at my endocrinology appt today ( I have hypothyroidism) , and she told me I have a heart murmur. I called my OB just to let her know. I'm not super worried, but ive also been having a lot of palpitations, and she offered me a referral to a cardiologist, so I took it. I think I'll feel better knowing one way or the other. Not sure how long I'll have to wait for that appt.

Welsh- we had the opposite problem with my son. His head was too big and it's still growing a bit faster than his body, but steady to it. We have to get it checked monthly now but I remember at his 21w ultrasound they said his head was 1.5 weeks ahead. I asked if that was normal, they said it is normal for certain parts of baby to measure a week behind or ahead. So he was a bit abnormal, but I am sure everything is fine with your little bean!! I would phone again of you're feeling uneasy, though. Don't let them make you wait!!

On a random note I wanted to announce that last night I felt my first external kick!!!!! :D I was NOT expecting it at all :) I laid down for bed and I always just rest my hand on my tummy when trying to feel her. I didn't feel anything, then suddenly POP! Right on my hand. And right on my c-section scar o.o it felt a bit odd :p

How fun to feel kicks on the outside! DD2 was laying with her head on my belly and took a good whack from the baby! She giggled for an hour!

So, I was at my endocrinology appt today ( I have hypothyroidism) , and she told me I have a heart murmur. I called my OB just to let her know. I'm not super worried, but ive also been having a lot of palpitations, and she offered me a referral to a cardiologist, so I took it. I think I'll feel better knowing one way or the other. Not sure how long I'll have to wait for that appt.

Hypothyroidism can definitely cause some palpitations if levels are off. Keep in mind that we're at the peak gestation for this to happen normally though. Our blood volume can increase by 40% to accommodate the blood flow needed for the placenta. We can get palpitations for a bit til our hearts get used to the increased volume. :hugs:

Welsh- sooo odd they didn't measure everything!! Not to worry hun, as I said I'm sure baby is just fine!! :) -hugs-
It is amazing to feel the kicks!! I thought I had an anterior placenta too but I started to feel some real movement this past week. I hope you get some good kicks soon! That's so cool about your son kicking the night of the scan. It's like he was trying to say hello again!! :D our son kicked me good at almost 17 weeks. We were lucky like you guys and got to feel the kicks together :) he has some strooooooong legs now too (no wonder- he used me as a kickboxing bag in the womb =_=) my hubby wasn't lucky enough to feel the first external kick last night. I placed his hand where I felt it immediately following it. She decided to just give me one good kick, though :p

I'm starting to feel good movement now. I ended up taking DD to after hours pediatrician due to her be snotty and coughing for going on 4 weeks. It was getting worse not better. Sure enough she has a double ear infection and upper respiratory infections. Now we have 10 days of antibiotics that hurt her tummy. She is coughing worse today, so I'm hoping these meds hurry up and kick in. I hate when my sweet girl is sick. On top of that, I have a severe sore throat that won't stop. I'm sure I have been exposed to strep throat too. Hopefully it's allergies, but we'll see.

Anyone have any ideas of what will help? I have tried hot tea with honey, soup, cold drinks, and I take allergy meds daily anyway.

It looks like you have missed a few of us ttc_lolly I'm :blue: and I know some others had their scans the same day as me.

Luce I'm on Oneprazole. Brilliant stuff!

Did it take a few days for it to properly kick in for you? I think I'm feeling a tad better but I'm still in some pain so hoping after a few days worth I'll be feeling more myself xxxx

I take it because I'm on aspirin and the aspirin was making me throw up blood. It took a couple of days to stop!

Finally at 20 weeks, I'm now officially on the countdown, is it January yet?

Is that the twilight sparkle castle? She got that already for her birthday last year and has all of the Equestria girls dolls, so now I don't know what to buy that is worth the money AND is durable - DD2 likes to eat and break stuff, much to poor DD1's dismay :lol:

Oh no I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it at the moment Luce :hugs: when's your GTT? I hope you don't have GD but if you do it's good they'll be able to diagnose and treat early x

Yes it is that one xx

Happy 20 weeks itsnowmyturn!

I'm not able to get online much kailetski, so do keep missing individual gender reveals but I'll update the OP with your :blue: now. Anyone else I've missed if I don't see your posts on this very fast moving thread, you can always pm me and I'll update :thumbup:

Next big milestone coming up for us all... V-Day :wohoo: for those that don't know, 24 weeks gestation is classed as viable. So if, god forbid, you were to go into labour or had to deliver baby from 24w onwards, their survival rate is much higher than what it previously was and doctors will do all they can to help babies survive. Of course, we don't want any babies being born any time soon, but it's always a good and reassuring milestone to reach I think :flower:

I've been thinking about it for the last few days. I may relax a little more at 24 weeks!

24 weeks still isn't so relaxing for me as I went in to pre-term at 28 with my son. SO glad they were able to stop it. I probably will be tense until at least 30 weeks :dohh:

It's still a great milestone though!! I can't wait to get there in 6 more weeks <3

I'm throwing up again today, I feel awful. More so for my son because the weather is lovely and we are stuck in in our PJs!

Welsh- we had the opposite problem with my son. His head was too big and it's still growing a bit faster than his body, but steady to it. We have to get it checked monthly now but I remember at his 21w ultrasound they said his head was 1.5 weeks ahead. I asked if that was normal, they said it is normal for certain parts of baby to measure a week behind or ahead. So he was a bit abnormal, but I am sure everything is fine with your little bean!! I would phone again of you're feeling uneasy, though. Don't let them make you wait!!

On a random note I wanted to announce that last night I felt my first external kick!!!!! :D I was NOT expecting it at all :) I laid down for bed and I always just rest my hand on my tummy when trying to feel her. I didn't feel anything, then suddenly POP! Right on my hand. And right on my c-section scar o.o it felt a bit odd :p

How fun to feel kicks on the outside! DD2 was laying with her head on my belly and took a good whack from the baby! She giggled for an hour!

Hypothyroidism can definitely cause some palpitations if levels are off. Keep in mind that we're at the peak gestation for this to happen normally though. Our blood volume can increase by 40% to accommodate the blood flow needed for the placenta. We can get palpitations for a bit til our hearts get used to the increased volume. :hugs:

I'm not super concerned, but they actually started getting worse before I got pg, so they've been going on since March. Now, they haven't gotten worse since being pg, but they're still frequent enough to bother me, and along with the murmur, I will def feel better just to consult with the dr. Some days, I have them every other beat for a good part off the day. I don't have other symptoms with them, so that's a good thing. I saw my labs yesterday, and my potassium is slightly low which could be contributing to them as well. Thx for the encouraging words. :)

Happy 20weeks itnowmyturn! I too am 20weeks(according to my last scan, not ticker).

Brunette- sorry you're throwing up again hun! Are you using anything for it? I don't throw up, just get extremely bloated when I over eat! I hope it eases up soon for you!

AFM- feeling these two munchkins everyday now:) such a lovely feeling!

(***TMI warning***)
Any of you have a really sore and painful Vagina??? I can't even move at night when I'm sleeping! It wakes me up and I struggle getting out of bed because its really painful and heavy! Dh thinks its my body getting ready for birth! What?? Its WAY to early!
My next scan is 2 + 1/2weeks away, which is 4ever!!!

Happy 20 weeks wildchic. I used to get those pains with the girls when I was a bit further on, I think its just the weight of pregnancy, your probs feeling it sooner since you have 2 in there xx

Happy 20 weeks wildchic. I used to get those pains with the girls when I was a bit further on, I think its just the weight of pregnancy, your probs feeling it sooner since you have 2 in there xx

Thanx! I hope you're right and its nothing serious! I've had this for about 2weeks and thought it would go away, but instead, it got worse!

Just mention it to your mw just in case but I think its probably just another of the joys of pregnancy. Hope you are ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->