*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

What sort of pain? I've had loads of problems with mine! :lol:
I don't take anything for sickness because it's not all the time. I just seem to be having about one bad episode a week now!

I don't take anything for sickness because it's not all the time. I just seem to be having about one bad episode a week now!

That sucks! Do you maybe eat something that triggers it? I know for me, when I have tea/coffee with milk in, I get very bloated and want to throw up, so I try avoid milk when possible!

The pain I have 'down there' is like a heavy feeling, like when I turn while laying, all pressure is on that area making it difficult and painful to move!

I'm throwing up again today, I feel awful. More so for my son because the weather is lovely and we are stuck in in our PJs!

Awww sorry you're sickness is back :hugs: hope it buggers off soon for you.

Happy 20weeks itnowmyturn! I too am 20weeks(according to my last scan, not ticker).

Brunette- sorry you're throwing up again hun! Are you using anything for it? I don't throw up, just get extremely bloated when I over eat! I hope it eases up soon for you!

AFM- feeling these two munchkins everyday now:) such a lovely feeling!

(***TMI warning***)
Any of you have a really sore and painful Vagina??? I can't even move at night when I'm sleeping! It wakes me up and I struggle getting out of bed because its really painful and heavy! Dh thinks its my body getting ready for birth! What?? Its WAY to early!
My next scan is 2 + 1/2weeks away, which is 4ever!!!

Happy 20 weeks to you too wildchic!

Is it more of pelvis/deep muscle kinda pain? Or definitely just the insides of your vajayjay!? If it's the first, it could be the start of SPD and that is hell on earth. Speak with your health professional and see if you can get to see a physiotherapist for some exercises to do to help and a support belt :thumbup: if it's the latter, could just be all the extra blood we have got circulating around, especially down there. I felt really heavy and swollen down there once I hit third tri with my girls, but as you're carrying two it's possible you're already feeling that way :hugs:

That sucks! Do you maybe eat something that triggers it? I know for me, when I have tea/coffee with milk in, I get very bloated and want to throw up, so I try avoid milk when possible!

The pain I have 'down there' is like a heavy feeling, like when I turn while laying, all pressure is on that area making it difficult and painful to move!

I was just about to say the same as lolly hun.. it could be SPD.. which is an utter joy. Try keeping your legs together and knees slightly bent when you turn in bed. and when you get in/out do it in stages, again keeping your legs together as much as you can. do your pelvic floor excercices if its not painful to do so and get a support belt if you can also. I have started with SPD too (had it with both of the boys), its no fun at all. xxx

I'm throwing up again today, I feel awful. More so for my son because the weather is lovely and we are stuck in in our PJs!

Awww sorry you're sickness is back :hugs: hope it buggers off soon for you.

Happy 20weeks itnowmyturn! I too am 20weeks(according to my last scan, not ticker).

Brunette- sorry you're throwing up again hun! Are you using anything for it? I don't throw up, just get extremely bloated when I over eat! I hope it eases up soon for you!

AFM- feeling these two munchkins everyday now:) such a lovely feeling!

(***TMI warning***)
Any of you have a really sore and painful Vagina??? I can't even move at night when I'm sleeping! It wakes me up and I struggle getting out of bed because its really painful and heavy! Dh thinks its my body getting ready for birth! What?? Its WAY to early!
My next scan is 2 + 1/2weeks away, which is 4ever!!!

Happy 20 weeks to you too wildchic!

Is it more of pelvis/deep muscle kinda pain? Or definitely just the insides of your vajayjay!? If it's the first, it could be the start of SPD and that is hell on earth. Speak with your health professional and see if you can get to see a physiotherapist for some exercises to do to help and a support belt :thumbup: if it's the latter, could just be all the extra blood we have got circulating around, especially down there. I felt really heavy and swollen down there once I hit third tri with my girls, but as you're carrying two it's possible you're already feeling that way :hugs:

Thanx:) Sorry for being thick, but what's SPD? I've got a support band, but it makes the bloating worse! It hurts most when I sit for long periods and through the night. It helps a bit when I'm moving around. Its definitely not the inside, more the whole thing, know what I mean? Kinda difficult to explain, all I can I say is that its VERY painful and that I wish it would go away!

The symphysis pubis is a stiff joint that connects the two halves of your pelvis. This joint is strengthened by a dense network of tough, flexible tissues (ligaments). Your body produces a hormone called relaxin, which softens your ligaments in order to help your baby pass through your pelvis.

Your pelvic joints move more during and just after pregnancy. This can cause inflammation and pain, and may lead to the condition symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD).

What are the symptoms of SPD?

Pain in the pubic area and groin are the most common symptoms, though you may also have the following signs:
Back pain, pelvic girdle pain or hip pain.
A grinding or clicking sensation in your pubic area.
Pain down the inside of your thighs or between your legs. It can be made worse by parting your legs, walking, going up or down stairs or moving around in bed.
Worse pain at night. SPD can prevent you from sleeping well. Getting up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night can be especially painful

WC I'm not sure if anything sets it off. Milk has done in the past!
I hope you don't have SPD, it's so painful! I had it with Tristan towards the end.

Anyone else's body not really feeling pregnant? I remember being massive and uncomfortable by now with Tristan but this time round I've hardly any bump and what little bump I have is still squishy. I can still bend down, lay on my back etc no problems. I'm not complaining I just was under the impression you were bigger 2nd time round!? The only thing I struggle with is walking for a while, I get out of breath and tired quickly!

Ur only bigger if ur tummy muscles r still loose (I think) if uv got ur muscles bk up to strength then it will be like a first again.

Iv already told everyone not to buy me any cot bumpers they r an accident waiting to happen, cloth around ur babies head is waiting for suffocation and ties are waiting for strangulation. I would hate the thought of any of these happening but I wouldnt use one ever. My sil puts teddies in with her childrens cot n I cringe every time I see a picture where the baby is sleeping and there is a big teddy at the top of the cot

Thanks girls :)

Crowded cots are a massive no no. All you need to make a cot look pretty is your beautiful baby inside! I don't understand why people take the risk personally.

I have had a horrid few days. The ranitidine the doctors gave me for the gallbladder/heartburn pain I was having didn't work after a week so ended up back at the doctors surgery yesterday. They were concerned I may have h pylori or pre eclampsia so I had to have my urine checked and a stool sample. The urine sample showed sugar so I now have to have the glucose test that I was going to have at 28 weeks tomorrow as I may now have gestational diabetes. Ended up in a&e aswell because I was told to keep taking ranitidine with Gaviscon and was in agony. Am now on omeprazole for a week to see if that makes any difference to my pain and if it does have to get more from the doctors as well as wait for a hall blabber ultrasound. The next 4 months are going to seem so long :(

:hugs: hope everything turns out to be ok, but if not then at least you know about it a bit earlier and can start to manage it. X

Finally getting some boys in the mix here, congrats!!

So, I was at my endocrinology appt today ( I have hypothyroidism) , and she told me I have a heart murmur. I called my OB just to let her know. I'm not super worried, but ive also been having a lot of palpitations, and she offered me a referral to a cardiologist, so I took it. I think I'll feel better knowing one way or the other. Not sure how long I'll have to wait for that appt.

Goodness that must have been a shock! Glad your so calm though, as I'm sure stress and worry wouldn't improve anything. :hugs: to you honey x

WC I'm not sure if anything sets it off. Milk has done in the past!
I hope you don't have SPD, it's so painful! I had it with Tristan towards the end.

Anyone else's body not really feeling pregnant? I remember being massive and uncomfortable by now with Tristan but this time round I've hardly any bump and what little bump I have is still squishy. I can still bend down, lay on my back etc no problems. I'm not complaining I just was under the impression you were bigger 2nd time round!? The only thing I struggle with is walking for a while, I get out of breath and tired quickly!

I'm only just starting to feel a bit more bumpy lol! My bump is definitely more squishy, but I'm hoping that's down to having decent fluid levels this time. I got married at 5 months pregnant with DS, and think I'm only marginally bigger now.

I signed your petition too :thumbup: So sad that tragedies like this still happen. Our cot was always completely bare, but that's only because I read up on it all beforehand. They 100% shouldn't sell those things!

I just read about that brunettebimbo :( so sad. Nothing should be in a cot for under 1's I don't think, it's just not necessary. Poor little boy :nope:

I'm feeling pregnant, but in a good way! Like all the good stuff, before it gets to the "Arghhh I've had enough now, get it out of me" stage :rofl: the gentle little kicks, a nice round bump and sleeping and feeling generally well. Give it another 6-8 weeks and I'm sure I won't sound so happy :lol:

I know I've complained over the last few weeks about not being able to feel baby with this anterior placenta... thankfully it seems to be off-centered. since 20 weeks plus a few days, I've been aware of definite flutters. In the last 2-3 days, those have turned into tiny tumbles... but just way down low and on one side of my stomach.

It was enough that dh could feel them! I can also see my tummy jump on that side!

I can't imagine how amazing it would be if this was happening over my entire tummy- I'd be constantly laughing and holding it! Sigh- if only... oh well, this is sooo much better than nothing!

I know I've complained over the last few weeks about not being able to feel baby with this anterior placenta... thankfully it seems to be off-centered. since 20 weeks plus a few days, I've been aware of definite flutters. In the last 2-3 days, those have turned into tiny tumbles... but just way down low and on one side of my stomach.

It was enough that dh could feel them! I can also see my tummy jump on that side!

I can't imagine how amazing it would be if this was happening over my entire tummy- I'd be constantly laughing and holding it! Sigh- if only... oh well, this is sooo much better than nothing!
Complain away...isn't that what this place is for? :hugs:How exciting that your dh felt him! (I think I remember you're having a boy?) Exciting!

I've been able to feel kicks, punches and pushing on the outside for weeks, but the little guy would stop moving the instant my hubby touched my belly. But tonight he finally felt him...twice!! And this morning the first thing hubby told me when he woke up was that he had a dream that the baby grabbed his arm. Coincidental, but weird!

It should be my scan tomorrow :'( I could kill my oh, 1 week to wait.

I was looking at where the uterus sits at different weeks, looks like it doesn't raise much above the belly button up to 22 weeks then between 22 and 24 weeks it does a huge jump so I suspect everyone who feels small at the moment will have a nice big bump by the end of week 24.

My weight gain is still good at only 5lb, but that's 2lb on in 2 weeks so I should probably not do what I normally do on nights and live on take aways lol, might do myself lots of salads for my shifts and try to steadily gain the weight rather than pile it on and be miserable lol.

How is everyone feeling

My sickness is creeping back :sick: and I have a sore back! :lol: Apart from that I'm doing good. His movements are so strong now, I feel so blessed to be his Mummy and can't wait to meet him!

I like looking at those belly charts. It wasn't that long ago that he was still hiding behind my pubic bone and is now up to my belly button!

The symphysis pubis is a stiff joint that connects the two halves of your pelvis. This joint is strengthened by a dense network of tough, flexible tissues (ligaments). Your body produces a hormone called relaxin, which softens your ligaments in order to help your baby pass through your pelvis.

Your pelvic joints move more during and just after pregnancy. This can cause inflammation and pain, and may lead to the condition symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD).

What are the symptoms of SPD?

Pain in the pubic area and groin are the most common symptoms, though you may also have the following signs:
Back pain, pelvic girdle pain or hip pain.
A grinding or clicking sensation in your pubic area.
Pain down the inside of your thighs or between your legs. It can be made worse by parting your legs, walking, going up or down stairs or moving around in bed.
Worse pain at night. SPD can prevent you from sleeping well. Getting up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night can be especially painful

Thanks for the info sethsmummy:) This is exactly what I'm feeling! I'll have to let my doc know and see if there's anything I can do to help ease off the pain. In the mean time, google will have to do! Thanks again.

I'm finally getting some good kicks from our baby boy!Since last week I've been feeling them on and off and now I'm feeling them pretty much everyday. Last night my OH also got a chance to see one, and it was the biggest one yet. I never felt any flutters, just went straight to jabs and kicks, it's the best feeling yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->