*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I have been having pelvic and bump pain when walking, got a Nexcare bump support from Mothercare yesterday and was out for a walk for 2 hours this morning with the dog, totally pain free. Was well worth the £37.99 xx

I have a support band from my pregnancy with Tristan. It was so uncomfortable!

Mine was ok after I got it into a comfortable position xx

I might have to look into these support belts, I am finding walk in to work harder and harder, I live so close though and don't want to drive there that often so I want to continue walking for as long as possible.

Any of you girls got any idea of when you are going to start your maternity leave? Or ladies with children already, how long did you work for?

0203- I have had horrible pelvic pain all weeks so I think I need a band too :( my tail bone feels like it's gonna break off!! On the subject of working.. I will be working until the end of next month. However- my kids are going to be EXTREMELY close in age. Almost exactly 12 months apart. So I have to take it easy. I wasn't advised to be working right now but we really have no choice at the moment ;(

I'm leaving 16th December and using about 2 weeks annual leave. I will be about 36 weeks.

The support band for me is very uncomfortable! The part that goes over my tummy makes me bloated when I eat. Maybe a belt would be better?

No help with the bands and belts ladies, but I really hope they're a good solution and that you're all feeling lots more comfortable soon.

I'll be working till the end of December, all going well. I submitted my PhD thesis in April, and just found out my Viva (massive final oral exam...:wacko:) will be at the end of October. I'm so glad it'll be out of the way before the end of the year! Hopefully I'll be Dr Buddy by the time baby arrives :thumbup:

As a teacher I will finish at the end of this term, around the 11th December. Being due at the end of January, that will give me about six weeks hopefully to prepare.

As a teacher I will finish at the end of this term, around the 11th December. Being due at the end of January, that will give me about six weeks hopefully to prepare.

My term ends 19th December, I will be 37 and a half weeks. I really want to work until the end of term but am a bit worried about it.

Assuming I have no issues, I plan to work until Christmas break (starts 12/19, I'll be 36.5 weeks). Otherwise I'd be expected to go back on the 5th of January, 2 days shy of 39 weeks... don't think that's a good idea.

We'll see how long I can stay- I'm in lots of pain now, my job involves lots of lifting/squatting/chasing kids around/trying not to get bit or scratched... also bugs are already starting to get passed around!

As far as going back after... that's something dh and I are weighing out.

My term ends 21st December, I will be 37 and a half weeks. I really want to work until the end of term but am a bit worried about it.

I know I'm lucky to finish earlier than most. I can't imagine how I will feel towards Christmas with all the reports, plays, concerts etc, but like you I want to see it out. I just may have to swap the infant chairs for something a little larger!

I wish I could keep working longer but hubby won't let me ;( I wish y'all a very easy time until you can go home on break before delivery :) Bed rest is NOT fun. Do anything you can to prevent it!!! @_@

At this point I'll try belts, bands, a crane!! Whatever it takes. this pain kills while I'm trying to work. It's food service so I always gotta throw on that smile no matter what.

Buddy- good luck with your exam!!! I'm sure you will rock it out! :D

Assuming I have no issues, I plan to work until Christmas break (starts 12/19, I'll be 36.5 weeks). Otherwise I'd be expected to go back on the 5th of January, 2 days shy of 39 weeks... don't think that's a good idea.

We'll see how long I can stay- I'm in lots of pain now, my job involves lots of lifting/squatting/chasing kids around/trying not to get bit or scratched... also bugs are already starting to get passed around!

As far as going back after... that's something dh and I are weighing out.

I think I remember you working in a special needs school? I do too. I really want to work right up until the end of term but am already beginning to struggle with the demands of my class. Another reason I want to see it until the end of term means that I can start maternity leave on the first day back of the new term but my last day if work will be the last day of December term of that makes sense. It technically means I will be getting an extra two weeks off.

I worked until 37 weeks with DD1 and then left my job at 24w with DD2 to become a SAHM. My only advice would be is to take as much time off as possible that you can before baby's arrival. They say to get all the rest you can get as you won't be getting much when baby's here, and that's rubbish because by that stage of pregnancy bedtimes are awful with the constant peeing and the tossing & turning (or struggling to do even that!). But I think just that little me time beforehand is good just to chill, read, nap during the day, get yourself a little pampering sesh! I only wish I could have that time again, but alas, baby 3 it's just not happening :brat::haha:

I work for my dad, so I might work till the end of this month because of the pain I'm going through. With dd I worked till 36weeks & had 4 months maternity leave. I don't think I'll work after twins are born, probably take a year or 2 off to be with them:) but I do agree, you need that 'me time' before baby comes!

Mine is all booked. I reduce my hours by 13 hours with annual leave from the 8th December, I use 2 weeks of full annual leave from 5th Jan and start actual maternity leave on the 19th Jan, 4 days before I'm due lol, let's hope baby doesn't turn up early!! I will have maybe 3 weeks to chill before I'm due so I think it's worked out quite well.
I work long shifts and on days they are hard work, but on nights they are much easier so I'm now on 4 weeks of nights then 2 weeks of days then back onto nights until my final stretch of days before I go off, makes it scary when I say it like that. It's also quite scary looking at my pregnancy notes and seeing that from now until the end I have regular appointments, one at 21 weeks then 24 weeks and then every 2 or 3 weeks till I'm due.....it's scary lol

PM I didn't realise you are on bed rest. Why is that? :hugs:

I'm a Dental Nurse and already shattered! I have another risk assessment in October, I'll just ask to do less surgery time and more reception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->