*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Haven't had any time at all to look on this website so sorry if I miss anything that isn't on this page lol. Really lovely pics Janet and Welshgirl I actually can't believe they left your son unseen for so long, it's disgraceful.. Really hope he's ok.

I have my 20 week scan in 6 days, really paranoid baby bump is going to change from pink to blue! But the boy girl ratio in OH's family is pretty equal lol.

OH felt Autumn kick on the outside for the first time last night. He felt it twice and we both laughed hysterically! He's so excited :D

Thanks girls. He is absolutely fine. Just says his head hurts when I'm changing his bum but he sleeps on it fine. Yeah me and OH had a rough night, sooo uncomfortable, didnt have Alex's buggy to put him in there either. My mum and dad had him while me and OH went to bed for a few hours. Still tired now. The local paper had a few people contact them about waiting times. The nurses said make sure we go ahead with our complaint as not enough people actually do so nothing then changes.

Thats one thing I'm also worried about, well not so much worried but that she is actually a he lol.

Good luck with your scans sethsmummy and buddy! Exciting!

And Yayyy for the Daddies feeling their babies!

I had a scan today. The little guy wouldn't cooperate as usual, but it went great. He's exactly where he's supposed to be and everything looks wonderful! I'm sososo happy and relieved. But I'm sure I'll come up with something to worry about tomorrow. :haha:

The sonographer was wonderful today and gave us a bunch of pictures. My favorite one was the little footprint. And then there's one that looks like he's getting ready for Halloween and has a scary mask on. Haha:witch:

Congrats on the wonderful scan! I love the picture of his foot: so cool!

Hey. Hope everyone is doing ok. Aww I can't wait for me and OH to be able to feel kicks from the outside. Every time she kicks I put my hand there but nothing, I move it and 5 mins later she kicks again lol. With Alex I would just prod my belly and he would kick back straight away.

I havent been on this weekend. Went out for a meal for my mum and dads anniversary and also to celebrate my mums 50th birthday. We had eaten our meal and gone out the dining area to have a couple of drinks. Alex being Alex was climbing and I knew he would fall, we told him numerous times, then he did fall, but hit his head on the cast iron part of the table. My sister picked him up and said he was bleeding, he had only cut his head open. He was screaming, the bar manager called an ambulance, OH went with him as I was the only one who hadnt had a drink to drive our car. The paramedic told me they were going to blue light him there to get there before the staff change over and not to panic as he is fine. Well Alex loved that. There was a 4hour wait so the staff nurse said it was safe to take him to our local hospital and he could sleep if he wanted. Got to our local hospital, triage nurse said there was a 4.5hr wait. 2hours later came out and said it had been extended to 6.5 hours! We got there at 9pm. 7am we finally got called in to be seen. Alex had slept over night, by passing him back and forth between me and OH, we actually at one point folded OH's coat and put it on the childrens toy shelf and put alex on there to sleep (obviously with us standing there lol). We are putting in a complaint and my dad went to the local paper yesterday as leaving a 2 year old for 10hours without being seen is totally rediculous. When finally seen the nurse said they dont need to do anything to his head as it had healed fine over night!

Sorry for the little rant lol.

Good luck to the ones having scans. I have my other one tomorrow. I'm quite nervous. I'm hoping after they have taken the tummy measurements it will all be in correlation with her head measurement. My mum works with a woman whos daughter is a midwife and said everything is most probably fine and she has time to grow too. Can't wait to see her again though and I wonder if they will confirm she is a girl!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you guys had to wait so long! The NHS is under such a strain, and I empathise with the hardworking staff, but it's just not safe to have people wait so long. I'm so glad everything is ok with Alex's cut though! Hope you manage to get some rest today!

Haven't had any time at all to look on this website so sorry if I miss anything that isn't on this page lol. Really lovely pics Janet and Welshgirl I actually can't believe they left your son unseen for so long, it's disgraceful.. Really hope he's ok.

I have my 20 week scan in 6 days, really paranoid baby bump is going to change from pink to blue! But the boy girl ratio in OH's family is pretty equal lol.

OH felt Autumn kick on the outside for the first time last night. He felt it twice and we both laughed hysterically! He's so excited :D

Adorable! Hope all goes well with your scan x

How lovely that he felt baby kick! My dh also felt the other night:). Yay for your scan being almost here!!

Sorry about your son WG :hugs: Glad he's ok.

I don't feel right today, I started off dizzy, then light headed and a headache. I'm just having some lunch then going to see how I am. If no better I'm going to speak to my midwife.

Welsh, that's awful!!! I would want to rant after that as well!! He should have been put in front of many others on the list. I hope you get a good reply back from your complaint. You all at least deserve an apology! I hope the scan goes well and they confirm the girly bits!! (Hoping the same from my scan. I think my heart will break if it's suddenly a boy. Just cuz I have gotten my hopes too high)

I have a question for you all- I called my ob office yesterday to make my scan appointment and the nurse told me I was high risk so I needed to go to a special place. I'm a bit confused because nobody told me this at my previous appointment. Has anyone had this happen to them before???

Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know the scan was absolutely perfect :cloud9: Everything looked normal, though the sonographer did have a hard time getting the head measurement as little baby just loves to stick his/her head right down low. We eventually got it though and all was well. I'm absolutely delighted! :happydance:

Hope you're feeling better soon bb x

I've not heard of being sent to another department for being high risk PM, all I think of is that your being sent to the consultant's clinic rather than a midwife. I'm high risk too, so that's where I have to go for the clinics too.

Im glad everything went well on the scan!! Congrats!!

This is just for the scan they're sending me to a specific facility that specializes in high risk patients. I assume they will be doing frequent ultrasounds. I unfortunately don't go to a midwife- just an OB. I'm still staying with them, but I won't be getting ultrasounds from them.

Found out a little while ago that my sugar was high on my glucose test so probably have gestational diabetes. I'm so bummed out. Gotta ring up the doctors tommorow and be put on her phone list so that we can have a chat :(

image.jpg

There's my bump! I keep getting asked if I'm due any day. >.< Ahhhh sigh.

Also. Why is it always sideways?

Lovely bump picture pix

I got asked today what diet I was on because I look like I have lost weight? No idea what they are talking about because I have a proper bump now!!

Welsh, that's awful!!! I would want to rant after that as well!! He should have been put in front of many others on the list. I hope you get a good reply back from your complaint. You all at least deserve an apology! I hope the scan goes well and they confirm the girly bits!! (Hoping the same from my scan. I think my heart will break if it's suddenly a boy. Just cuz I have gotten my hopes too high)

I have a question for you all- I called my ob office yesterday to make my scan appointment and the nurse told me I was high risk so I needed to go to a special place. I'm a bit confused because nobody told me this at my previous appointment. Has anyone had this happen to them before???

I know right, people were going in for sprains or what not and there's poor Alex there all night, didnt even offer a blanket for him, I used his jacket anyway as a blanket and he doesn't normally like blankets on him anyway. The local paper came today and took our pics, bet they use a damn awful one of me lol.

I'm excited right now, we have made an offer on a house, waiting for them to get back to us. The house is in perfect condition, ready to move in. We could decorate and put our own mark on it eventually anyway I would just want to decorate the kids rooms.

Found out a little while ago that my sugar was high on my glucose test so probably have gestational diabetes. I'm so bummed out. Gotta ring up the doctors tommorow and be put on her phone list so that we can have a chat :(

Sorry to hear that honey, sending :hugs:

View attachment 800997

There's my bump! I keep getting asked if I'm due any day. >.< Ahhhh sigh.

Also. Why is it always sideways?

Super cute sideways bump! X

I fear like crazy I'll have it again. (GD) But overall what am I gonna do about it? Everything I can to keep peanut healthy. It sucks. It really does. I wish you the best of luck with the testing.

And thanks ladies!!

Wlesh- If I were in there I would have demanded he go in my place having known what he went thru. Poor little dude :(

Assuming I have no issues, I plan to work until Christmas break (starts 12/19, I'll be 36.5 weeks). Otherwise I'd be expected to go back on the 5th of January, 2 days shy of 39 weeks... don't think that's a good idea.

We'll see how long I can stay- I'm in lots of pain now, my job involves lots of lifting/squatting/chasing kids around/trying not to get bit or scratched... also bugs are already starting to get passed around!

As far as going back after... that's something dh and I are weighing out.

I think I remember you working in a special needs school? I do too. I really want to work right up until the end of term but am already beginning to struggle with the demands of my class. Another reason I want to see it until the end of term means that I can start maternity leave on the first day back of the new term but my last day if work will be the last day of December term of that makes sense. It technically means I will be getting an extra two weeks off.

I'm also a teacher and my term ends Dec. 19 as well, I teach physical education and I hear you on being tired. I hope to make it to the 19th (I will be just over 37 weeks), but it is really taxing when you have to teach small children how to be physically active when you can barely touch your toes.

Also ttc_lolly - if you get a chance to update the front page we are team blue.

Morning Ladies :)

Congrats Buddy on the great scan! Good luck to you others having scans today! Cant wait to hear all about them!

I too am booked to finish work on the 19th December but am already stuggling to get through a day if I dont have much work on as being bored makes me feel very tired!

Good luck on the house Welshgirl!

My anatomy scan is on Monday <3 sooo excited!! I can't wait to see her again.

As I asked earlier- (sorry if I'm being pushy and asking again) has anyone randomly found out they're high risk almost half way thru? I have asked family and friends with nobody sharing the same experience and I am still mildly confused as to why it's just now coming up >_< I had my c section in febuary of this year and I went in to pre-term labor with my son at 28 weeks. Do these things factor in and make a high risk case? I wanna know because I am still working at my job, so if I'm high risk I am pretty sure that's a no no o_o

Good luck to all on your scans!! Can't wait to see more happy and healthy bean pics!!

I would say it's because of the pre-term labour and maybe because your c-section was only 7 months ago.

I'm 22 weeks today :happydance: Had to have an emergency appointment with the midwife yesterday. I had an awful headache all day and kept going dizzy and light headed. The girls at work kept saying I really didn't look well so gave her a call. She asked me to go in. Everything came back normal thankfully and said I just need to slow down. I was only doing reception :dohh: 22 Weeks and already my body is telling me to slow down. Shit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->