*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Argh I need a rant!

Today I've been told by two people that I should have found out the sex of the baby. I know there are arguments for and against, we decided we wanted a surprise and they made it seem like I was making a terrible decision. Went on and on about it all lunch break.

Someone else said I shouldn't be buying stuff because it's still too early.

Someone else criticised all the names on my list.

Wish my work colleagues would all kindly keep their opinions to themselves!

Wow..how rude are some people! I can't believe the audacity of these people; to think its fine to make these comments and judgements with absolutely no thought to how it might affect you! Yuck! Like Pix said, at least you can walk away holding your head high, knowing you would never treat other people like that. For what it's worth, we're not finding out either. You're not alone! X

We haven't really talked properly about names yet, but once we decide on them I think we'll keep them to ourselves. For some reason everyone thinks it's fine to voice their opinion on names, and they can be pretty mean about it!

Oh SM that sucks!!! Know you were looking forward to finding out for sure! And now another wait :( so sorry to hear it!

IT'S V-DAY!!! I CANNOT believe it!

I tried to record the baby's kicks on the outside of my belly and thought I got a good video of it...then realized I hadn't even pushed the record button! UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

I hope everyone who's had scan or GD testing done in the past couple of days is getting good news!

I saw your post sethsmummy. That sucks! Isn't there anyway they can take you a bit earlier for the next scan?

Congrats on Vday janetplanet!!! That is a very exciting milestone to get to!!

Sorry ladies- I've fallen a few days behind in this thread. Tuesday night, I came down with the worst stomach virus I've ever had (it's made its way through the classroom very quickly). I couldn't keep food or water down for around 20 hours... at that point I went into my OB's office, where they gave me a shot of promethazine, and pills to take home. They didn't take any vitals, just did a super quick urine test which said I was dehydrated (duh). Really, they were trying to get me out of there super fast, since they don't like to bring sick people in (I was actually told this).
They also checked baby's hb, and since they didn't say anything, I'm assuming it was fine.

Thankfully, the meds seem to be working. My fever (had gotten up to 101 Wed morning) was totally gone this morning. I haven't gotten sick in 32 hours or so. I'm just slowly rehydrating, and trying to slowly start eating foods again. My body aches, and the injection site burns like crazy (30 hours after the shot!)... trying to decide if I can survive chasing kids around tomorrow, or if I should take another day's rest to really recover...

less than 2 weeks until I reach v-day... praying it goes quickly! (and the weeks beyond that!)

Sorry ladies- I've fallen a few days behind in this thread. Tuesday night, I came down with the worst stomach virus I've ever had (it's made its way through the classroom very quickly). I couldn't keep food or water down for around 20 hours... at that point I went into my OB's office, where they gave me a shot of promethazine, and pills to take home. They didn't take any vitals, just did a super quick urine test which said I was dehydrated (duh). Really, they were trying to get me out of there super fast, since they don't like to bring sick people in (I was actually told this).
They also checked baby's hb, and since they didn't say anything, I'm assuming it was fine.

Thankfully, the meds seem to be working. My fever (had gotten up to 101 Wed morning) was totally gone this morning. I haven't gotten sick in 32 hours or so. I'm just slowly rehydrating, and trying to slowly start eating foods again. My body aches, and the injection site burns like crazy (30 hours after the shot!)... trying to decide if I can survive chasing kids around tomorrow, or if I should take another day's rest to really recover...

less than 2 weeks until I reach v-day... praying it goes quickly! (and the weeks beyond that!)
Oh No! That sounds horrible. Sounds like you're on the mend...hope that continues.:hugs:

So...they don't want sick people in the doctor's office? :shrug:

I went to the OB's office- they don't want them around the pregnant women. But- they also told me to contact them if I get sick, since while I'm pregnant they'll also serve as my GP.

Buddy- I agree! We are doing the same now as my mother and family keep shooting down all of my name ideas -_- I'm so done sharing with all of them. I love the name Nora and I told my mom. Her response was she didn't like it and it made her think of a bunch of old people. Ugh. Just leave it be!

SC- I hope you feel better soon!!! Stomach bugs are the worst especially when you're pregnant :(

I went to the OB's office- they don't want them around the pregnant women. But- they also told me to contact them if I get sick, since while I'm pregnant they'll also serve as my GP.
It makes sense, it just sounded funny for a second.:dohh:

IT'S V-DAY!!! I CANNOT believe it!

I tried to record the baby's kicks on the outside of my belly and thought I got a good video of it...then realized I hadn't even pushed the record button! UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

I hope everyone who's had scan or GD testing done in the past couple of days is getting good news!

I saw your post sethsmummy. That sucks! Isn't there anyway they can take you a bit earlier for the next scan?

Congratulations on v-day hun! no the 7th october is the first available anomoly scan slot. she couldnt get any of the pictures she needed so its a whole new scan not just one or two bits of it that need re-done.

thanks to the other ladies who asked after me too.. it does suck but at least i get to see baby again i suppose :haha: Im at teh GP this morning as i think i have a UTI so that will be why i couldnt hold my bladder.

sorry youve been so ill hun! Id take the extra day off just to be completely over it :hugs: xxx

Hope you feel better soon sc girl, I would take the weekend to recover xx
congrats on v day jp xx
pm, Nora is a lovely name xx
Good luck at doc Tara xx

Ab- thanks :) I think so too! We changed our minds on the middle name again to my grandmothers maiden name, Avery. I think Nora Avery sounds so nice!

Speaking of my grandma- I told you all how bad she was doing a few weeks ago. She made a turn around that the doctors can't even explain. She randomly just got better over night one night. Cleared most fluid in her lungs and all started to work as it should. No explination except a miracle because they didn't think she was going to live. I'm so happy :) maybe she can at least see my baby girl when she is born <3

Seth- that sucks!! I had one recently too. Hopefully they give you some good meds <3

Anyone else feeling it's hard to move around ie. get up from sitting or lying down? I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant but I'm really only 23 weeks!

PM, wow, thats amazing about your grandma. I really hope she gets to meet Nora!

Wifey, by the end of the day I am like an old woman trying to get off the couch and up the stairs xx

Oh no! Definitely take the weekend to recover!!

I also find by the end of the day I'm done. If I'm not close to my bed by 9:30-10 or at least relaxing at home I'm hostile Annie.

Yoga seems to be helping. But if I do too much I feel it.

Ab- thanks :) I think so too! We changed our minds on the middle name again to my grandmothers maiden name, Avery. I think Nora Avery sounds so nice!

Speaking of my grandma- I told you all how bad she was doing a few weeks ago. She made a turn around that the doctors can't even explain. She randomly just got better over night one night. Cleared most fluid in her lungs and all started to work as it should. No explination except a miracle because they didn't think she was going to live. I'm so happy :) maybe she can at least see my baby girl when she is born <3

Seth- that sucks!! I had one recently too. Hopefully they give you some good meds <3

Such a lovely name you have picked hun <3 That is amazing about your grandma hun! what an amazing woman <3 <3

I got some amoxicillan (or however you spell it). He said it didnt show much on his dip strips (mine always seem to show more than theirs) but hes sending it off anyway. Also had to hand in a stool sample to see if theres an underlying cause behind me having to go 6/7 times a day and all the pains.

Anyone else feeling it's hard to move around ie. get up from sitting or lying down? I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant but I'm really only 23 weeks!

yep me :hi:

SC sorry you've been so ill! Definitely take the extra day off.
PM brilliant news about your Grandma! :happydance:
Janet yayyyy for V day :)

Reached 20 weeks, scan was all normal. So overwhelming after our terrible scan with ds1 who we lost 2 weeks later.

This time we are team :pink: :happydance: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->