*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Good luck WG on the house.
Pix, cute bump. I also get funny looks when I say I am due in jan, I look like I am ready to drop lol.
pm, it's prob as you went into pre term labour early and bcoz your section was less than a year from this one being born.
sorry about the gd luce xx

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Snapbucket/6FB91272-750D-4FA9-BE62-5301FAE8624A_zpsb7myjzyi.jpg

22 weeks :)

Nice bump bb:) and yay for being 22 weeks! Hope you are feeling better and that the dizzy spells go away! I hope you are at home resting!

Pm- like the other ladies said, its probably because of your c-section being a few months ago and they just wanna make sure that everything is ok. Can't you give them a call and ask why you are high risk? That way they'll get your file and be able to tell you.

Wg-nasty thing that your family had to go through at the hospital! But glad Alex is doing ok!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

I called on Monday and the nurse talking to me looked at my file and told me. I'm just confused as to why I was not told when I went in for an appointment >.< doctors never communicate these days, geeze. Thanks ladies- I guess I'll ask next time I go in. I need to talk to my ob about working anyway.

Cute bump picks y'all!!

Do any of you know any natural remedies for hayfever please? Pharmacist won't give me anything. I can't stop sneezing and the roof of my mouth is itchy!

Lovely bump BB! My DH gets hay fever really bad and he's found local honey really works. It has to be from your area; you'll probably get some in a little deli or farmers market/shop.

PM, in the UK you're automatically put on a "red path" i.e. High risk consultant care, if you've had pre-term labour or certain other complications. Even if this pregnancy goes completely fine, you'll still be under their care and have certain restrictions. I'm high risk due to pre-term labour, low fluid, growth restrictions and spontaneous bleeds during my pregnancy with DS. So far everything is perfectly normal with this pregnancy, but no matter what I have to be on the "red path". When it comes to delivery I have to be in hospital, and can't use the birth pool. They definitely should've told you that you're high risk when you went for your first appointment. It's maybe a good idea to just be clear with them what this means for you, what your delivery options are and so on. Hope they communicate better with you next time you see them!

Thanks Buddy!! I'm not sure if the same applies over here, but I'm sure it's similar. I am at a new ob office than the one I started with early on in pregnancy. When I was at my old ob- she basically said I wasn't allowed to work or lift too much... But said I wasn't considered high risk. This new ob is so different. I told him about work and he said nothing abut restrictions. He hardly said anything to me about my pre-term except that he wanted me to call if I had any signs of it at all again (braxton hicks and such). Then his nurse tells me on the phone that I am high risk. I'm gonna wait to ask him at my next appointment myself because it was a nurse who told me. I just want to make sure. Ugh this is confusing -.- Communication, people!!! It's not that hard >_<

Argh I need a rant!

Today I've been told by two people that I should have found out the sex of the baby. I know there are arguments for and against, we decided we wanted a surprise and they made it seem like I was making a terrible decision. Went on and on about it all lunch break.

Someone else said I shouldn't be buying stuff because it's still too early.

Someone else criticised all the names on my list.

Wish my work colleagues would all kindly keep their opinions to themselves!

Argh I need a rant!

Today I've been told by two people that I should have found out the sex of the baby. I know there are arguments for and against, we decided we wanted a surprise and they made it seem like I was making a terrible decision. Went on and on about it all lunch break.

It's your baby! Do whatever you want :) There is one person who says I started buying stuff too early also, I don't care though because we're so ready to start preparing, why should we leave everything to the last minute. I'm going for our crib and dresser tonight, the more we get done now the less we need to do later.

Argh I need a rant!

Its your baby, you can do what you want, name him/her what you want! I get pissed off with people a lot easier now, especially when they give their opinion when Iit wasn't asked for!
Xx

Ppl should mind their own business.
Everyone thinks I was buying stuff too early but I don't care

Argh I need a rant!

Like the other ladies said YOUR BABY, your decisions! Geez! Why are people all up in your business? Just don't take any notice of them!

Go mad and buy all the things you want! That way you'll be sorted when baby comes:)

Thanks everyone. I'm really quiet when they say that and don't answer back, just save it for you guys :haha: I might start having to tell them to mind my own business

0203- screw all of those people (excuse my language) but where do they get off thinkin they should say anything about your pregnancy?! It's not like you're doing something harmful to yourself and the baby- you guys made a decision about not wanting to know the gender. That will change nothing in the end. You both will be wonderful parents and love your baby the same amount anyone else would who decided to find out the gender before birth. Just 30 years ago people still had to do that because ultrasound was just coming about and wasn't advanced enough yet. Our grandparents carried our parents not knowing the gender and everything is a ok. If you ask me they all need to learn when to hush up -.-

Ugh. I can't even anymore! people have lost their damn minds!!! I don't understand why they just can't be honestly happy for another human being. It shows how weak their character and empathy are. I walk away from those situations knowing I'm in a better place in life than them because regardless of their words I'm happy with my decisions and theirs.

I wonder if there is a shirt that says "yes I'm pregnant, no I don't want your opinion. STFU."

Pix- I think that we should make some shirts that say just that!! On one of those personal t shirt making sites :O I would so buy one!!

For u ladies that are cloth nappying, can u please help me with the boosters. I have lots of nappies that are the birth to potty ones with the pocket for a booster but I don't no what to get or what will be best. I was also going to get those flushable liners but have been told that they are a waste of time because they just end up as a thong in babies bum with all the wiggling around they do and the shuffling and bending as they get older.
I just don't no what would be best, my biggest factors are cost, speed of absorbancy and how much they will hold, and leaks. I've read some bits about different ones and microfiber seem to be generally the worst of the lot but after that it's all like a foreign language with the hemp and bamboo and things like that. Can someone put it in layman's terms and any personal opinions would be appreciated too

Tia

Welsh, that's awful!!! I would want to rant after that as well!! He should have been put in front of many others on the list. I hope you get a good reply back from your complaint. You all at least deserve an apology! I hope the scan goes well and they confirm the girly bits!! (Hoping the same from my scan. I think my heart will break if it's suddenly a boy. Just cuz I have gotten my hopes too high)

I have a question for you all- I called my ob office yesterday to make my scan appointment and the nurse told me I was high risk so I needed to go to a special place. I'm a bit confused because nobody told me this at my previous appointment. Has anyone had this happen to them before???

I would agree with the others hun and say its because of your pre-term and the fact your previous section was less than a month ago. With ds1 i found out at 39 weeks i was high risk and wasnt allowed the home birth i was already set out to have (hospital hadnt even informed my local midwife!)
View attachment 800997

There's my bump! I keep getting asked if I'm due any day. >.< Ahhhh sigh.

Also. Why is it always sideways?

lovely bump hun

Found out a little while ago that my sugar was high on my glucose test so probably have gestational diabetes. I'm so bummed out. Gotta ring up the doctors tommorow and be put on her phone list so that we can have a chat :(

so sorry hun, hopefully it can be diet controlled :D

My anatomy scan is on Monday <3 sooo excited!! I can't wait to see her again.

As I asked earlier- (sorry if I'm being pushy and asking again) has anyone randomly found out they're high risk almost half way thru? I have asked family and friends with nobody sharing the same experience and I am still mildly confused as to why it's just now coming up >_< I had my c section in febuary of this year and I went in to pre-term labor with my son at 28 weeks. Do these things factor in and make a high risk case? I wanna know because I am still working at my job, so if I'm high risk I am pretty sure that's a no no o_o

Good luck to all on your scans!! Can't wait to see more happy and healthy bean pics!!

good luck for your scan hun!

Argh I need a rant!

urg hun id have to say something to them.. i hate how people think they can say whatever they want when it comes to being pregnant!

For u ladies that are cloth nappying, can u please help me with the boosters. I have lots of nappies that are the birth to potty ones with the pocket for a booster but I don't no what to get or what will be best. I was also going to get those flushable liners but have been told that they are a waste of time because they just end up as a thong in babies bum with all the wiggling around they do and the shuffling and bending as they get older.
I just don't no what would be best, my biggest factors are cost, speed of absorbancy and how much they will hold, and leaks. I've read some bits about different ones and microfiber seem to be generally the worst of the lot but after that it's all like a foreign language with the hemp and bamboo and things like that. Can someone put it in layman's terms and any personal opinions would be appreciated too

Tia

my friend uses a bamboo nappy at night time with bamboo boosters but through the day she just uses microfiber ones and a fleece liner. She has to change her little girl every 3 hours. Shes thinking of getting some Hemp boosters as they are supposed to be really good :D xx

WelshGirl_x = im so sorry you were left for so long.. thats rediculous!

AFM - sorry i have been MIA.. i somehow managed to unsubscribe myself then wondered why i wasnt getting updates :dohh:

I had my anomoly scan yesterday... it was a complete and utter fail, baby wouldnt co-operate and also i was almost in tears trying to hold me pee and she had to stop as i was literally about to pee on the bed even though she said my bladder was nowhere near full. So im back on the 7th October. Still none the wiser to gender... I dont want to buy anything till weve had a definite 100% blue or pink... I dont trust the private sonographers decision and even then she was only 70% :dohh:

Seth- WOW. Good to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. That is really late notice to be telling you. These doctors are just SO great at communicating things @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->