*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Is DH not going to be at the birth?
I only had my husband last time and will do next time too. He was amazing last time and I couldn't have done it without him.

Nobody is meeting Owen until Zoe and Zara have spent time with him, whether I have a home or hospital birth.
My dh has been with me twice bb but if I have a hospital birth this time I will likely be on my own as he will be with the girls, although my friend has said she will have the girls and so has my neighbour. It'll just depend when and how quickly he makes an appearance xx

Is DH not going to be at the birth?
I only had my husband last time and will do next time too. He was amazing last time and I couldn't have done it without him.

no hun he will be at home with the boys. It was a choice of he stays at home with them OR my sister takes them to her house... a) I dont trust her driving without me or dh in the car as she gets bad road rage (event though shes not long passed her test) and b) I wouldnt trust her having my children at her house. Her and her partner get abusive with each other and i wont have that infront of my kids.. not to mention if her DH took a mood and effed off with the car (which he does A LOT ) id have no way of getting my kids back home safe.

hes been the only one there with ds1 and ds2 so he doesnt feel too bad this time.. especially since he knows my rules regarding the birth and afterwards which he knows i will stay strong to. I just said to him before that if i need a section it would be perfect because he could bring the boys into town to the soft play centre and then when i text could bring them to the hospital. I wouldnt have anyone with me in that circumstance xx

O gosh. I could not imagine not having DH there. He would never in a million years agree to it either. Is there no-one else that can have them?

I don't really want dh to miss the birth but I go to quick to get someone else to watch the girls. Hopefully I will get my home birth so it won't be a problem. I'd rather do it alone tho than worry about my girls xx

Thanks. I find out in 29 days if I can get it or not. Not that I'm counting lol xx

Rather blurry, but this is our baby girl today at her heart scan 22+6. All appears normal. :happydance: :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Are there any teachers on here? I'll be leaving at Christmas, but not starting maternity until the new term in January.

Head started bugging me today for a return date. I've previously said September with the option to extend another term. This was fine last week, but now she wants a firm date. When I said September was more probable, she said if I came back at end or July term I would get full pay not maternity pay during the summer Hols. This is very tempting as I am the major wage earner in our home. Has anyone any idea how long I would have to go back for in July to qualify, or us it even possible? My mum has said she would babysit if it was short term...

Rather blurry, but this is our baby girl today at her heart scan 22+6. All appears normal. :happydance: :happydance:

gorgeous pic hun im glad your scan went well :D

O gosh. I could not imagine not having DH there. He would never in a million years agree to it either. Is there no-one else that can have them?

im the same as Ab. I have no one else... My mum is due another operation around the time im due baby and there is literally no one i would trust to look after my boys or that could get here quick enough (both sister and mum would take an hour or just over to get to me.. in laws are like 3 hours away.. althogh i wouldnt leave them with mil.. they dont know her enough). So if for any reason my sister cant come (drunk over christmas/new year etc) then i will be going solo and id have to get a bus or taxi in to the hospital.

Thanks. I find out in 29 days if I can get it or not. Not that I'm counting lol xx

oooo good luck hun!

Are there any teachers on here? I'll be leaving at Christmas, but not starting maternity until the new term in January.

Head started bugging me today for a return date. I've previously said September with the option to extend another term. This was fine last week, but now she wants a firm date. When I said September was more probable, she said if I came back at end or July term I would get full pay not maternity pay during the summer Hols. This is very tempting as I am the major wage earner in our home. Has anyone any idea how long I would have to go back for in July to qualify, or us it even possible? My mum has said she would babysit if it was short term...

iv no experience with this kind of thing hun but i hope you can get the information you need. That definitely sounds like a good deal! xx

Izzie so happy everything went well :)

I'm pretty certain that you don't have to give them a return date until a month before.

Glad scan went well izzy. My work needs to know a return date between 4-8 weeks before xx

Ugh. Scary morning.

Usually baby boy gives me a few jabs as I wake up and start moving around. Today- nothing. So after a bit, used my doppler (which has been getting crazy strong, and instantly found). Nothing. Searched for a few min, and in very bottom corner, found a very faint 144bpm- I'm praying it's baby. Trying to decide if it's worth being worried about!

They do sometimes have quiet spells but I'd definitely call MW and get some advice, maybe go in and get some reassurance. I hope there's no need though and that baby is giving you lots of kicks now x

So much for a bump update. Since upgrading to ios8 my phone is more hormonal that I!!

Keep track of all you ladies. The bumps are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Or at least this is what my hubby has had to continuously drill into me. After a mini meltdown on Saturday!

What do you do when your family keeps telling you how disappointed in you they are because your little miracle is a boy? Sigh. Then expects to be in the delivery room? My DH stated no one but our little family will be there. Bringin the older 2 and locking everyone else out. Not sure how this will actually work. He's rather irritated over it all. My family can be so loving and yet so harsh at the same time and I'm truly struggling with it all.

Still no name and baby shopping is frustrating me. I fear he isn't going to have much until after he is born. >.< hah.

Hugs hun! And, I hear you with the family demands; mine are already stating their case to be straight in visiting. Personally I'd love a couple of days with just the 4 of us getting to know each other, but that's not possible. My in laws will take DS while I'm giving birth, and will have to bring him in to meet baby. My Mum will then have an epic hissy fit if I don't let them meet baby on that day too. Its so stressy thinking about it though, when really I would just want some space!

Sorry they're acting so ridiculous about baby being a boy. I second what BB said: boys are awesome!

Fantastic news, congratulations!

Hello all!
I haven't been on here in awhile, been super busy since going back to work after vacation.

I had a dr appointment yesterday and everything is great, I am now onto my every 2 week appointments and one week away from the third trimester (eek) I asked my dr. about the flu and whooping cough jab and after some thought I am going to get them. Where I am a teacher and in so much contact with illness and this being our first I thought I should. I was also told no more sleeping on my back (which is how I sleep) so I now have lots of pillows surrounding me and I may have had a hard time untangling myself this morning.

Also today had my GTT appointment, the drink wasn't as bad as everyone told me but man you do not feel good afterwards. I have had diarrhea (sorry tmi) all day and just a general feeling of yuckiness. Thanks goodness that is over with.

How is everyone else feeling?? When is everyone getting their GTT done??

Hello! I had a dr's appointment today. He went over the results from my glucose test and everything looks great! As for the results of my ultrasound, I knew about the low lying placenta, but today the Dr. advised me from any heavy lifting at all, and any "relations" - I'm assuming he means sex, until I have my 32 week scan to see if the placenta correct itself. That's on November 19th so it's not too far away. Good news is they moved my due date up by 2 days!

My GTT test is 3 weeks from today- ready to get that over with!

Baby gave me one quick kick this morning while I was eating breakfast, which had me in tears 'cause he was at least still alive. It was a crazy day at work, so I never got a chance to call my ob. Thankfully he became active this evening!

Went a bit crazy realizing there's 3 months to go, and we've done nothing to prepare... so we bought a crib tonight (and set it up) and played with some paint samples for the nursery!

Hey ladies :) sorry haven't posted much lately but have been reading up most days on how you all are :)

Congrats to those nearly entering third tri, seems to be going so fast huh!!

Hope you got checked out scgirl!

Sethsmummy - not long till your rescan!! Hope you get the results you are after this time around!!

Lovely lovely bumps all round girls!! I have worked up courage to take one and will try to upload In a sec!

I am going to be the same as you girls - I just want my husband and son around for a few days after baby born, have a bit of a problem as my husband has a daughter from previous marriage, she will be 12 by then. She will be with us for Xmas and New Years but I want her to go home before baby born, I have told oh this and thought we were sorted but this past week whilst she is here for hols he keeps making comments to her that she can help out and change nappies etc, am I being a bitch not wanting her here? Just find it a bit much as she is very confident and just tells h what she wants and she will want to hold her and do stuff and I really just want that to be me this time, didn't bond with Devon too well and just want that chance this time around. Haven't spoken to oh about it again yet as don't want to do that whilst she is here, would hate for her to think I don't like her around, we actually get on fine I just need some space around birth time.

Glad you got kicks sc girl!!!

Ok here is bump, not a good pic I just look really fat doh. Ops just noticed you can see loo, excuse that lol

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/Waiting2c/c2f10c12af2c44c76d71685f9bbb2d7b_zps37583e38.jpg

Hello all!
I haven't been on here in awhile, been super busy since going back to work after vacation.

I had a dr appointment yesterday and everything is great, I am now onto my every 2 week appointments and one week away from the third trimester (eek) I asked my dr. about the flu and whooping cough jab and after some thought I am going to get them. Where I am a teacher and in so much contact with illness and this being our first I thought I should. I was also told no more sleeping on my back (which is how I sleep) so I now have lots of pillows surrounding me and I may have had a hard time untangling myself this morning.

Also today had my GTT appointment, the drink wasn't as bad as everyone told me but man you do not feel good afterwards. I have had diarrhea (sorry tmi) all day and just a general feeling of yuckiness. Thanks goodness that is over with.

How is everyone else feeling?? When is everyone getting their GTT done??

Glad all is well! :)

I've had 2 gtt's this pg already. Annnnddd....I get to do another at my next appt. and probably at 32 wks as well. The first they did early on, then when I switched Drs, she did another. With my last baby being so much bigger than my others, they're thinking I developed it later than 28wks. I don't mind it so much. I've had the carbonated drink, which tastes like orange crush to me, and I've had the flat one. Yuck. :( The fizzy one is def better, lol. So far, I've passed each one. Hoping it stays that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->