*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Izzie, I used to be a childminder. Rates sound reasonable and it is normal to pay a half fee retainer if you are on holiday.
I would meet at her house so you can see if it is clean and tiday, good range of toys and equipment, ask about daily routine and activities. Ask to see registration certificate and insurance, although these should be on display. She should also have a "policies" folder(well I know you have to do this in Scotland anyway). Hope that helps xx

I know this is a bit off topic, but do any of you have the hardest time biting your tongue at some of the threads on BNB? I try really hard to respect every woman's opinion, but sometimes, I think some of the ladies are just plain CRAZY!! I don't usually say anything, as I really am not into drama, especially creating it, but sometimes I wanna reach through the screen and smack whoever is on the other side, lol.
Ok, rant over. The witchy judgmental hormones can go away now!!
Yep, there's a lot of crazy out there. But I don't find it so much on BNB...I tend to find it on another forum with the initials BC.:winkwink: Some of those women aren't just crazy...they're crazy+stupid+mean. That's a scary combination!

I know this is a bit off topic, but do any of you have the hardest time biting your tongue at some of the threads on BNB? I try really hard to respect every woman's opinion, but sometimes, I think some of the ladies are just plain CRAZY!! I don't usually say anything, as I really am not into drama, especially creating it, but sometimes I wanna reach through the screen and smack whoever is on the other side, lol.
Ok, rant over. The witchy judgmental hormones can go away now!!
Yep, there's a lot of crazy out there. But I don't find it so much on BNB...I tend to find it on another forum with the initials BC.:winkwink: Some of those women aren't just crazy...they're crazy+stupid+mean. That's a scary combination!

I know it's probably just my hormones getting out of control, which I HATE. I went grocery shopping today and could have happily hurt just about everyone. Before I left mupy DH said something I found hurtful and disrespectful, but instead of explaining myself, I lost my temper and screamed at him. My house is a mess, which always puts me in edge, and my kids are just kids, but they seem to do nothing but whine and complain lately when I ask them to help clean up. It makes it so much worse that I have NO energy to do a lot of cleaning myself. I feel like crap most of the time, and feel like crying all the time. *sigh* just want to feel normal!!!

I know it's probably just my hormones getting out of control, which I HATE. I went grocery shopping today and could have happily hurt just about everyone. Before I left mupy DH said something I found hurtful and disrespectful, but instead of explaining myself, I lost my temper and screamed at him. My house is a mess, which always puts me in edge, and my kids are just kids, but they seem to do nothing but whine and complain lately when I ask them to help clean up. It makes it so much worse that I have NO energy to do a lot of cleaning myself. I feel like crap most of the time, and feel like crying all the time. *sigh* just want to feel normal!!!
You poor thing, you sound really stressed. I want to suggest a prenatal massage but not everyone likes those. I hear you about the messy house. I can't imagine this place if I had little kids messing it up. I can't even keep up with my husband and adult son.

You can only do the best you can. Is there anyone else that can help with the house? It's so hard to clean when you don't feel well. :hug:And remember, we're here for you. I'm happy to listen to any venting you need to let out. I felt like hurting people the other day myself.

You poor thing, you sound really stressed. I want to suggest a prenatal massage but not everyone likes those. I hear you about the messy house. I can't imagine this place if I had little kids messing it up. I can't even keep up with my husband and adult son.

You can only do the best you can. Is there anyone else that can help with the house? It's so hard to clean when you don't feel well. :hug:And remember, we're here for you. I'm happy to listen to any venting you need to let out. I felt like hurting people the other day myself.

Thanks! It helps just knowing there are others who TRULY understand. I do have family who would help if I ask, I just hate to, you know? They do so much for me already. I think I am going to find someone for a massage, I did a few my last baby, and it was great! Thanks for listen to me! Love all you girls!! :)

Hi Ladies! Finally in Third Trimester - wee!!
I can't believe I've got 12 weeks left!!!

When's everyone having their shower's??

As for prenatal massage - HIGHLY recommended. I only have had one but it was amazing & fixed a horrible back muscle issue I was having.

Welcome!!! :) it's definitely going fast!!! All I can think of is how much I want to get done before baby is here, and how much I don't have the energy to so it, lol.

Welcome!!! :) it's definitely going fast!!! All I can think of is how much I want to get done before baby is here, and how much I don't have the energy to so it, lol.

At least you're thinking about it.. I start to think about it, get scared, and go into denial mode thinking I'm still at week 20 :blush::dohh:

No baby shower here :cry:

I will however, throw a little get together when my little baby comes home!!! Balloons on the mailbox and everything!! Probably only her great uncle, grandma, her daddy, and me but that is ok!!

If it was not for me being able to go see her every single day, it would drag on even longer than it already is.

I finally made a start on getting my house in order yesterday. My house is always clean and tidy........until you open a cupboard. I'm sure I am a hoarder! I hide it all in cupboards. If you can't see it it's fine :rofl: Sadly though it does my head in! I think it's mainly because we need more storage room! Yesterday I managed to do all the kitchen cupboards. I dragged everything out, chucked loads away and put it all back neatly. I was sore afterwards but feels good to have made a start! One room at a time :)

I finally made a start on getting my house in order yesterday. My house is always clean and tidy........until you open a cupboard. I'm sure I am a hoarder! I hide it all in cupboards. If you can't see it it's fine :rofl: Sadly though it does my head in! I think it's mainly because we need more storage room! Yesterday I managed to do all the kitchen cupboards. I dragged everything out, chucked loads away and put it all back neatly. I was sore afterwards but feels good to have made a start! One room at a time :)

I'm jealous of that. The mind is willing, but the effort fairy has not yet appeared. Due a holiday at the end of October, so hopefully will do some then.

:lol: I've just so much to do between now and January that I'm worried we won't get time. We need to decorate our bedroom, remove the bunk beds from the spare room then touch up the paint then set up the nursery aswell as our sons birthday and party, halloween party, step sons birthday, growth scans, work, Christmas etc.

gorgeous bump ttc :D

waiting2c happy v day hun! Sorry its late :hugs:

Buddy Thanks hun. Im a lot more relaxed now. My only worry is the extent of dilation if there is only one kidney. IF there were two kidneys i wouldnt worry as much over but its a little scary their only being one and it being compromised in a way too. :hugs:

wildchic and WelshGirl Good luck for your moves ladies :happydance: exciting times!

Izzie Id just make sure they have all their paperwork and qualifications and their clearence to work with children (make sure you see it dont just take their word). Also ask what meals are like etc and what the daily routine is. Check that you think the environment is safe enough for your child (they should have their health and safety certificate too).

luvspnk :rofl: me :rofl: If its something that there are lots of opinions on i try keep mine to myself.. but if its out and out crazy/stupid/idiotic then i try say something nicely.
:hugs: i hope everyone starts helping you more soon hun :hugs:

barbikins happy 3rd tri hun! Im not having a shower. There not done where i am and i dont mind. Peronsally i dont understand the whole making a registry thing that some people do for them and its tainted my perception of them.

NewBeginning :rofl: im like that! best get my finger out soon though or baby will be here before i even get started on stuff :haha:

Kiwi :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: It will hopefully fly by hun

BB :dohh: haha god dont remind me how much is happening between now and January :haha: There is so so much happening isn't there. Thankfully we dont worry about halloween because Seth really doesnt like it. But we have consultant scans, growth scans, nephews birthday, ds1's birthday, my birthday (just another day to me and dh will forget if i dont remind him so i dont have to worry about that one), midwife appointments, consultant appointments, christmas, sisters wedding anniversary, and then finally baby :)

We don't make a deal of Halloween usually but there is a party on at Brewers Fayre and it looks loads of fun :)

ooo i hope Tristan enjoys it hun :D Seth cant cope with the costumes. We cant even goto wilkinsons without him freaking out just now because of the halloween toys x

Our baby girl at 24+1. Have been discharged from fetal medical unit as everything progressing normally, so this will probably be the last scan I have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
aww yey hun thats fantastic news!! such a gorgeous scan pic too! xx

That's great news and a lovely scan :)

Does anyone feel like their heart begins to race? It's happened to me a few times in the past week, I don't know if it is an anxiety thing or a random pregnancy thing, I am going to mention it at my midwife appointment in a few days. I have suffered with anxiety in the past and recently have started getting pretty anxious when I am in the car, I keep thinking we are going to hit something Or I am going to see an accident but the heart things happens randomly like when I'm just sitting down relaxing. On a positive note, DH is building the cot as i type and it's looking great :)

I haven't been on here for ages, but had a quick catch up and it sounds as if everyone is doing well.
I'm due on the 1st jan but have been booked in for a section on Xmas Eve, very, very excited know that I know my little girl is going to still have a Christmas, just a few days later.
We popped out yesterday and bought a few bits :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->