*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

That's great news and a lovely scan :)

Does anyone feel like their heart begins to race? It's happened to me a few times in the past week, I don't know if it is an anxiety thing or a random pregnancy thing, I am going to mention it at my midwife appointment in a few days. I have suffered with anxiety in the past and recently have started getting pretty anxious when I am in the car, I keep thinking we are going to hit something Or I am going to see an accident but the heart things happens randomly like when I'm just sitting down relaxing. On a positive note, DH is building the cot as i type and it's looking great :)

Yes! I have an app on my phone that measures BPM. Two nights ago I had my first night with swollen feet, then woke up at 2am and my HR was low 90s- I was freaking out about preeclampsia... Thankfully it was back in the 70s ~20 min later (I'm sure nervousness didn't help at all!) Its still fluctuating a good bit... gonna talk to the doc at the next visit in a week and a half.

Still having BH contractions when I stand up quickly, go up stairs, walk quickly, etc (despite chugging water all day)... between this and my bp going up from stress while at school, I'm starting to wonder how much longer I'll be able to work!

yep i get it hun. most recent was about 40 minutes ago.. it started racing for no reason (sat on the laptop) for a good minute. I could literally feel it beating really fast. such a horrid feeling x

I remember having a racing heart a lot of times. It felt like it was beating right out of my chest! I could even hear the pumps.

Speaking I a racing heart- Got worried last night because I checked my BP in one of those pharmacy machines... It was 151/91. So I sat for a few min and tried again- 155/97. DH tried since I was worried it was running high, and was 107/58. So I talked to the pharmacist who said it's actually pretty accurate and I should call my doctor...

I called the off-hours number, and was basically told that it's probably just the machine, but to lay on my left side for the rest of the evening/night, then call the office in the am to see if they want me to come in. So getting ready for work this morning, and waiting for them to open. My resting heart rate is around 90 right now :/

This had dh talking about me possibly not continuing to work... (We also walked around a few stores (very slowly), and I was having BH like crazy...

i have always been told those machines are notoriously wrong hun. my midwives dont trust them. (even though theres a big one in our gp waiting room)

I hope its come down hun :hugs: xx

Lots to catch up on! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend :flower:

My heart races at times too, although I had a funny turn last week where my heart was reaching, I felt faint and lightheaded :wacko: I just sat and rested with my feet up for the evening and waited for it to pass. Will mention it to my consultant at my appt on Wednesday just incase. I had gestational hypertension with DD1 but never felt like that so doubt it was a high BP issue :shrug: with all the extra blood going around our bodies though I think it's somewhat normal to feel dizzy and have a quickened pulse from time to time.

SCgirl those machines can be incorrect but seeing as your DH's reading wasn't as high it's definitely sensible to get checked out :thumbup: that isn't a normal reading so no idea what the receptionist was on about, but it does all depend what your BP readings have been like before? Is that a lot higher than usual?

I'm 28 weeks today :wohoo: have my growth scan on Wednesday too, can't wait to see my little miss again!

Congratulations on 28 weeks hun!! Good luck for your scan hun :) Is it just a growth scan?

sorry to hear you took a funny turn hun :hugs: xx

Thanks lovelies :kiss: yes Tara, just a growth scan. Baby is measuring slightly ahead by FH but because DD1 was low birth weight they've got me in for 3 extra scans this time round, not that I'm complaining!

Urghhh I've come down with a cold over the weekend and feeling so crappy. I remember being poorly with DD2 and it just wouldn't go away. Damn these cute little babies stealing all of our nutrients and weakening our bodies defence systems :rofl:

awww lovely <3 I get 3 extra growth scans because of seths low birth weight :D my FH is waaaayyyy ahead :haha: no surprise there though.

oh no.. a lot of people getting colds just now! Time for hats, scarves and gloves i think! xx

Whew! I'm tired! It's been a busy weekend- a nieces birthday, three cakes to make homemade, a baby dedication, a baby shower for my cousin, and my mom's surprise 50th birthday party. I also had my sister, bro in law, and their 2month old daughter, plus two extra dogs at my house since thursday. Luckily, my parents took my two year old with them this morning, so I've been able to clean my whole house. Now it's nap time, then taking the dog to the groomer, and watching a football game. So glad I've had the foresight to take today off work.

I also added stuff to my registry, and did a little shopping for the new baby with my sister. Since we don't need as much clothes and big things this time I'm concentrating on breast feeding supplies and things to to make breast feeding easier.

Well, got my BP checked by a school nurse this morning- it was 153/83, so a bit better but still high. Called the doc, and was told to go in.

Waited around in the waiting room for an hour after my scheduled appointment time. Thankfully no protein in urine, and by the time they checked my bp, it was back in the high-normal range... which makes me think stress.

I spoke to the doctor, who said that things look normal, but she wanted to run additional tests and have an ultrasound done to make sure that baby is growing normally. Blood tests came back fine, baby's hr was 150bpm, and baby is measuring 1.5-2 weeks ahead and est to weigh around 2lb6oz (66th%), so she feels that the placenta is working fine. Such a relief to hear, but they still want to monitor me pretty closely since I'm having high BP at different times...

It was nice to see baby boy for the first time in 7 weeks though (sucking his thumb)!

I know this is a bit off topic, but do any of you have the hardest time biting your tongue at some of the threads on BNB? I try really hard to respect every woman's opinion, but sometimes, I think some of the ladies are just plain CRAZY!! I don't usually say anything, as I really am not into drama, especially creating it, but sometimes I wanna reach through the screen and smack whoever is on the other side, lol.
Ok, rant over. The witchy judgmental hormones can go away now!!

If it makes you feel any better, I totally understand! I'm usually fairly level headed, but I find myself having really strong reactions to things that I'd usually be ok with (like comments from other people...). I nearly started crying about something my DH said the other day, even though it really wasn't a bad thing to say! Oh, and for those things that are like "triggers" for my temper when I'm not pregnant..Well, y'know that sledgehammer scene from the movie Misery? Yeah, that's pretty much it. :haha:

I finally made a start on getting my house in order yesterday. My house is always clean and tidy........until you open a cupboard. I'm sure I am a hoarder! I hide it all in cupboards. If you can't see it it's fine :rofl: Sadly though it does my head in! I think it's mainly because we need more storage room! Yesterday I managed to do all the kitchen cupboards. I dragged everything out, chucked loads away and put it all back neatly. I was sore afterwards but feels good to have made a start! One room at a time :)

Good for you for making a start! It's tough getting motivated, even when the thing we need to do is bugging us. Our nursery is still exactly as it was when we moved in, complete with the cot in about 274757548 parts! I know I need to get organised, but, urgh, I'd rather drink decaf tea and binge watch rubbish on Netflix!

Our baby girl at 24+1. Have been discharged from fetal medical unit as everything progressing normally, so this will probably be the last scan I have.

:happydance: Amazing news! Lovely scan photo too! You must be feeling over the moon x

Thanks lovelies :kiss: yes Tara, just a growth scan. Baby is measuring slightly ahead by FH but because DD1 was low birth weight they've got me in for 3 extra scans this time round, not that I'm complaining!

Urghhh I've come down with a cold over the weekend and feeling so crappy. I remember being poorly with DD2 and it just wouldn't go away. Damn these cute little babies stealing all of our nutrients and weakening our bodies defence systems :rofl:

Oh poor you! Hope the cold clears up ASAP!

Sethsmummy I just wanted to send you massive :hugs::hugs: You know we're all here for you x I really hope the next bit of news is good news and you get some reassurance about the kidney xxxx

Think we might be buying and ordering the pram this week. I am very excited about this, in a way I think only you ladies will understand lol! Hope everyone is well.

Hey everyone, sounds like everyone is progressing along great! Kiwi, your baby is absolutely gorgeous!

I had a bit of a scare on Thursday, I had a lot of fluid come out, like I thought I peed my pants. So I went into the hospital and they hooked me up to the fetal monitor and then did an exam to make sure my water didn't break. Thank goodness it did not, they just said I might be one of those ladies that has a lot of discharge. I also found out that he is transverse (sideways) which I hopes he moves to the proper way soon!

Today, my little guy has been ridiculously active, he hasn't stopped moving all day. This has caused me to have BH all afternoon. This is the first it has happened to me and it's a little freaky. I have drank a lot of water to help but it's not working to well. Any other suggestions??

Glad everything was fine with you and the baby :hugs: I'm sure one of the other ladies will be able to help more with some advice regarding BH, as I only know as much as you: drink lots of water!

Hey everyone, sounds like everyone is progressing along great! Kiwi, your baby is absolutely gorgeous!

I had a bit of a scare on Thursday, I had a lot of fluid come out, like I thought I peed my pants. So I went into the hospital and they hooked me up to the fetal monitor and then did an exam to make sure my water didn't break. Thank goodness it did not, they just said I might be one of those ladies that has a lot of discharge. I also found out that he is transverse (sideways) which I hopes he moves to the proper way soon!

Today, my little guy has been ridiculously active, he hasn't stopped moving all day. This has caused me to have BH all afternoon. This is the first it has happened to me and it's a little freaky. I have drank a lot of water to help but it's not working to well. Any other suggestions??

Glad it wasn't your water breaking!! One early baby in this group is too many!
As far as the bh's, water is good, but trying lying down on your left side for a little while. I know it's not always easy, but even 20 min should help. Your uterus might be feeling a little irritable, and getting horizontal for a few min can help. Hope they stop!!

Hi, hope all is well. I'm past my Vday now! I'm off to the police station today... I've been having nasty comments and messages to me by some guy. He was in my sisters year at school. Every time I block him, he keeps making new accounts and messaging me vile things. I have screen shots of things he's posted on my sisters pictures of my Son saying that he would "molest this child" and "anally rape him"
I feel sick to my stomach right now and it's causing me so much stress and worry. I've been to the police before but they just assumed they were empty threats. :'(

Hi, hope all is well. I'm past my Vday now! I'm off to the police station today... I've been having nasty comments and messages to me by some guy. He was in my sisters year at school. Every time I block him, he keeps making new accounts and messaging me vile things. I have screen shots of things he's posted on my sisters pictures of my Son saying that he would "molest this child" and "anally rape him"
I feel sick to my stomach right now and it's causing me so much stress and worry. I've been to the police before but they just assumed they were empty threats. :'(

oh my gosh that is Vile!!! He should be arrested and put on the at risk register for child abuse! :hugs: I really hope they go and get him hun... people like that shouldnt be on our streets!

hopeful wowwee that really is a busy busy week! I hope you get to put your feet up soon hun and have a good chill out.

Sc Im glad your bp came back down again hun. Its good that they are going to keep an eye on you. Thats also a fab weight :D So cute seeing how much they change from week to week isnt it. I cant wait to see Rohan again.

buddy Thanks hun. A week tomorrow for my scan :) What pram are you getting hun?

maisy eekk im so glad it wasnt your waters!! That must have been really scary this early on!! I second the water and laying on your side. Generally they say movement should ease it too or getting in a warm bath :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->