*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Sethsmummy- I have no idea what hospital provides! I do however have an appointment with obgyn next Tuesday, so will ask his receptionist. I remember with dd, the hospital didn't provide diapers, I had to provide those, but they did provide the formula(I think!).
I'll be at a different hospital this time round so not sure if it'll be the same! I'll ask just to make sure!

Hey ladies! How are you all doing today? :)

I'm shattered today! It's bloody freezing too! We've been to playgroup this morning, going to get a few jobs done then snuggle with a DVD.

How's Riya?

WC I can't remember either :lol: I think in babies bag I will put nappies, vests, sleepsuits and some cotton wool.

BB, I feel bad for you! I had cold days :(. At least you have a nice movie to snuggle up to.

Riya is doing great! They found a grade 1 hemorrhage in the right side of her brain when they did the ultrasound last night. They said its nothing to really worry about and that it usually corrects itself with no damage to her brain. They will be monitoring it and doing another ultrasound when she gets a little older. They said the spot the radiologist saw could have gone either way since it was so tiny. They told me it usually happens with preemie babies and even full term babies as a side effect of being born vaginally. I am still worried as per usual, but I am going to trust in their judgement when taking care of my baby. As they seem to know a lot more than I do (obviously lol). The left side of her brain they said looks completely normal. They also mentioned that she has no symptoms of a hemorrhage which is a good sign.

Darn phone won't let me multiquote today!! So I'm going to try my best to remember! :)

LM I hope all went well at the police station you've been on my mind with all you had to deal with. :-/

Kiwi I'll keep praying for your little princess! She really is doing so well against all odds. There was a mom on here a few months ago who had her baby at 25 weeks and I follow her too. Those couple weeks made such a huge difference!!

I hadn't even thought of what hospital will or will not provide. We switched hospitals after I had DS and I just didn't ask. :-0 I wasn't going to do the tour but now I may. Unfortunately here you have to pay for it. I'm unsure if it is worth it or not.

My GD test is on Monday. I'm kinda nervous. My dr didn't require fasting but I can't eat for an hour before. Not horribly bad. But I'm not sure what to eat that won't throw me over. Lots of swelling in my feet. Ect.

So a bit of 'amusement.' Last night I started my first astrology class. Which sure why not take take a new course in the 3rd trimester when my brain is already mushy. Lol. >.< anyway. We were reviewing our charts and with the recent eclipse it put my main house in that of health. Which I found interesting since it will last for 3-6 months. 3 tri and pp. He said for me to watch my labor as it could be interesting. My DH is already terrified we won't make it!! Heh! Not only that but since the eclipse my morning sickness returned and I broke a toe. So it's very interesting to me that there's fact mixed it with it all. I can't wait to learn more. But lots of studying to do!!!

WORK BRAIN WORK!

:)

Thanks so much Pix! :hugs:
Good luck on your GD test, I actually did not have to take one. So still have no idea what its like. I bet its horrible though.

I should probably add about Riya, that they only "suspect" a grade 1 hemorrhage. They said that it could go either way meaning it could just a normal spot in her brain or it could be a hemorrhage. Here is to hoping its nothing!

I have my gtt next week. What does it entail and how long will I be at the hospital do you think?

I've had 2 GTT's at a NW London hospital and was given a flat kind of orangey tasting drink, and the hospital I'm at this time gave a bottle of lucozade. Much preferred the latter! You go in and have bloods drawn, then you're given the drink which you need to consume within 10mins, then it's just waiting around for 2hrs. You're not supposed to leave the hospital as they don't want you walking around or doing anything strenuous, so take a book or magazine in with you :thumbup: when your 2hrs is up they'll draw more bloods and then you're done!

Hey Ladies, been MIA for a while, busy packing! Its tiring!!! But we get the keys today(yay!) And we officially move into our new house tomorrow!

Congrats to all the ladies entering 3rd trimester! must be a great feeling! I've got about a week or so to go!

MummyLaura- I hope the police arrested the sick psycho! Let us know how things go! Hope your little guy is ok. :hugs:

Welshgirl- cute scan pic hun!

Ttc_lolly- hope your cold goes soon hun! I know how you must feel, not being to take anything to make it go away!

Hope everyone else is doing great!
January will be here in no time ladies, I'm getting so excited!

Can any of you ladies please tell me what I need in my hospital bag?? With my dd being 7(on Sunday) I'm totally clueless on what I'll need this time around, like what's important and what's not. And with it being 2, I'll probably need to be a bit more prepared! I've decided to pack my bag at 30weeks coz you just never know when these babies will decide to make an appearance.
TIA for any feedback!

Congrats on the new house, hope the move is going well :flower:

Honestly I just google "what to put in my hospital bag" :haha: I overpacked majorly with DD1, which wasn't really a problem apart from my poor OH having to lug all of my bags around! We are close by to the hospital this time so I figured I'll just pack bare necessities and if for whatever reason we need to stay in longer than 24hrs OH can go and collect more stuff from home for us.

Hey ladies! How are you all doing today? :)

Hi Kiwi, all good here thanks! Hope you're doing well :flower:

I had my growth scan today :cloud9: was so lovely to see my little miss again! She's within all the normal ranges for size (although I noticed her head and abdomen are on the higher end!) so that's good news :happydance: she's estimated to be around 2lbs 13ozs so will be interesting to see what they put her at at our next growth scan on 12th November. Seeing her today just made it sink in even more that she'll be here soon so I finally pulled out all of her clothes from the cupboard they'd just been bundled in and started sorting through sizes and making lists of what extra bits I'll need. Going to ikea at the weekend I think to buy her wardrobe and changing unit and then I'll start doing my favourite bit - washing all the tiny, cute clothes and putting them away :wohoo:<3

Sethsmummy- I have no idea what hospital provides! I do however have an appointment with obgyn next Tuesday, so will ask his receptionist. I remember with dd, the hospital didn't provide diapers, I had to provide those, but they did provide the formula(I think!).
I'll be at a different hospital this time round so not sure if it'll be the same! I'll ask just to make sure!

Definitely do!

We learned at our childbirth refresher class that our hospital generously provides two brand new Graco Snugride carseats, a gourmet meal prior to discharge, a massage by a certified masseuse prior to discharge (or a certificate to come back for one later), CD with all baby pictures taken at hospital for free, all the diapers and wipes we need during our stay, a bag filled with goodies for me (lansinoh, breastpads, throw away unders, pads, peri-bottles and reusable crotch ice packs, lotion, brush, chapstick, big hospital jug, slipper socks etc) a backpack filled with goodies for dad (breathmints, a giftcard to use at the hospital giftshop, slipper socks, a smaller hospital water jug), snot suckers, halo swaddlers and then we also get to pick a delivery gift of either a boppy, a spa basket or a case of diapers :thumbup:

No joke, I can't wait lol

Kiwi - your princess is BEAUTIFUL. What a little fighter!

Definitely do!

We learned at our childbirth refresher class that our hospital generously provides two brand new Graco Snugride carseats, a gourmet meal prior to discharge, a massage by a certified masseuse prior to discharge (or a certificate to come back for one later), CD with all baby pictures taken at hospital for free, all the diapers and wipes we need during our stay, a bag filled with goodies for me (lansinoh, breastpads, throw away unders, pads, peri-bottles and reusable crotch ice packs, lotion, brush, chapstick, big hospital jug, slipper socks etc) a backpack filled with goodies for dad (breathmints, a giftcard to use at the hospital giftshop, slipper socks, a smaller hospital water jug), snot suckers, halo swaddlers and then we also get to pick a delivery gift of either a boppy, a spa basket or a case of diapers :thumbup:

No joke, I can't wait lol

WOW! That sounds AMAZING. Everything I had to buy on my own lol. All they give us here is a one night stay, and in my case I chose a private room - which I have to pay $180.00.

WOW! That sounds AMAZING. Everything I had to buy on my own lol. All they give us here is a one night stay, and in my case I chose a private room - which I have to pay $180.00.

Our own suite style room is a given, I'm saddened to hear you have to pay for privacy :(

holy hell messica! that is amazing lol!

wifey - my old hospital was the same. Your in your own room for the actual birth ( although it didnt have a toilet in it! I had to walk down the hallway when i needed to go!) but then put in a room with 4-6 other women and babies. If you wanted a private room (there were 2) it was £100 per night BUT if someone needed it they could throw you out and you wouldnt get refunded for it.

this hospital we get our own room which has its own bathroom in it. x

My hospital stay was amazing. Had a private room for the birth with a bathroom shower included. Also had a private room after with a bathroom and shower. They also gave me 3 free meals a day delivered to my room. They had a huge menu to choose from as well.

Wow I can't believe this just happened. Some people! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/2218455-names-meaning-rainbow-2.html

Had my 3rd gtt this morning. Passed, yay!!! She called with my results and said she'd let me know if I'll take 1 at 32 wks. They also did a quick u/s. I mentioned I felt like I was smaller than I should be for 27 wks. She didn't think there was cause for concern, but had the dr get a quick peek. She looks really good! Since it was literally like 30 second one, I didn't get a pic, but I could see her chubby little cheeks, and she was swallowing, and had the hiccups! So cute. She turned her head really quickly too and looked right at the probe, like she new we were watching her, lol. Starting to get impatient to meet her!!

I can't imagine having to share a room with another mom and baby. All the L & D rooms and postpartum rooms here are private. I think that's pretty standard here in the US at this point. There might be hospitals that still share, but I've not heard of that for years. I think if I was going to bp have to share, I'd be asking DH for a home birth.

Luv, so glad your test went well and you got to see your baby girl!!!

She turned her head really quickly too and looked right at the probe, like she new we were watching her, lol. Starting to get impatient to meet her!!

I can't imagine having to share a room with another mom and baby. All the L & D rooms and postpartum rooms here are private. I think that's pretty standard here in the US at this point. There might be hospitals that still share, but I've not heard of that for years. I think if I was going to bp have to share, I'd be asking DH for a home birth.
So great you passed your GTT!:happydance:

I'm getting impatient too...like I wonder if he will have any hair. lol

We get a private labor and delivery room, but we have to share a postpartum room if there aren't enough to go around. (Kaiser in California). I'm not happy about it since I'm a terrible sleeper.:growlmad:

Wow I can't believe this just happened. Some people! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/2218455-names-meaning-rainbow-2.html

Omg... Can't believe there is so little empathy. I'm with you on names as a blessing, not a recall of losses. We're looking at a middle name of grace because she is here by the grace of god.

Hey ladies! Wanted to share this cute picture of Riya. She had her eyes open and was looking right at daddy!

Attachments

• 1937861_10152719371776815_1383960257_n.jpg
    1937861_10152719371776815_1383960257_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe