*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

No advice I'm afraid Welsh Girl, that's mind boggling. Sorry you have to have the GTT again :hug:

FINALLY got the results back and they can't see a pulmonary embolism anywhere in my chest, so I've been discharged :yipee: so relieved! A huge weight lifted off my shoulders, now I can stop moaning about it and start enjoying these final few weeks!

Any advice from anyone regarding my boss?? Is he allowed to not take my drs recommendations?

No advice I'm afraid Welsh Girl, that's mind boggling. Sorry you have to have the GTT again :hug:

FINALLY got the results back and they can't see a pulmonary embolism anywhere in my chest, so I've been discharged :yipee: so relieved! A huge weight lifted off my shoulders, now I can stop moaning about it and start enjoying these final few weeks!

Great news!

INMT I'm really not sure. Sounds like a proper ass though! Fingers crossed occupational health help!

Lolly that's great news :happydance:

Had my anti d injection today. Midwife had a student with her so I got lots of lovely extra attention too. Only 12weeks to go, I can hardly believe it.

Thats great news lolly.

Itsnowmyturn - sorry don't have any advice, my work were really good when I was pregnant with Alex. Hope you get it sorted.

I did the urine sample first thing this morning and the other sample was after lunch as i had forgot. I've been drinking way more pepsi than usual this week though so could be that. I don't know so I'm just drinking my sugar free flavoured water now

My boss drives me nuts! She is so aggravating. Yesterday after questioning me about a mistake in front of half of the management team, she acts like nothing is wrong. I was so pissed, because that is not how any mistake is ever supposed to be handled. (I'm the assistant director of nursing and forgot to check a reference on a new hire - in my defense I'm attempting to do my job, her job(interviews/hiring), and another's job who is out at the moment). Comes in this morning asking how everything is going, blah blah- then had the nerve to ask if I was alright (probably due to the one word answers she was getting).
As the day continues, I am extremely busy charting from rounds with the doctor when I hear that a resident is having seizures. I get up to go check on them an slipped on a wet floor that the sign was not in my path an I didn't see. Of course, I fell- I only hit my hands and knees, nowhere near my belly- everybody freaks out even though by the time they get to me I'm up an moving to check on the resident. So anyway, I had no injuries- my knees weren't even red or scraped, but she comes and pulls me away from doing an assessment to go pee in a cup (of course she did this in front of most of the nurses in the building that are under me) so ridiculous- I don't mind peeing in the cup and following protocol but let me stabilize the patient first (I have the most emergency experience in the building).
Me and baby are fine by the way- and of course the drug test was negative...so glad I don't have to work tomorrow!

Lolly- great news!! Hopefully the next eventful thing will be baby!!

Hopeful- so sorry for your crappy day!! 😝. Sounds like ur boss needs to revisit how to act like a professional. I'm a nurse, and used to work at a nursing home. My DON used to pull us in to 1/2 hr meetings in the middle of med pass. She was a freaking moron, but u could never say anything to her about how inconvenient that was. The board eventually fired her and the ADON, but that was after I left, of course, lol. Sorry, not relevant at all, but I'm so tired, I'm even rambling in my writing, lol. Glad u have a day off tomorrow!

My boss drives me nuts! She is so aggravating. Yesterday after questioning me about a mistake in front of half of the management team, she acts like nothing is wrong. I was so pissed, because that is not how any mistake is ever supposed to be handled. (I'm the assistant director of nursing and forgot to check a reference on a new hire - in my defense I'm attempting to do my job, her job(interviews/hiring), and another's job who is out at the moment). Comes in this morning asking how everything is going, blah blah- then had the nerve to ask if I was alright (probably due to the one word answers she was getting).
As the day continues, I am extremely busy charting from rounds with the doctor when I hear that a resident is having seizures. I get up to go check on them an slipped on a wet floor that the sign was not in my path an I didn't see. Of course, I fell- I only hit my hands and knees, nowhere near my belly- everybody freaks out even though by the time they get to me I'm up an moving to check on the resident. So anyway, I had no injuries- my knees weren't even red or scraped, but she comes and pulls me away from doing an assessment to go pee in a cup (of course she did this in front of most of the nurses in the building that are under me) so ridiculous- I don't mind peeing in the cup and following protocol but let me stabilize the patient first (I have the most emergency experience in the building).
Me and baby are fine by the way- and of course the drug test was negative...so glad I don't have to work tomorrow!

:o she made you do a drug test because you slipped on a wet floor :o omg thats rediculous! Im glad baby and you are both ok though hun.

I really feel for you ladies whos bosses are being jerks!

INMT im not 100% sure whether they have to follow your doctors recommendations if they have Occupation health involved BUT i would presume they have to make things easier for you until your Occ health assessment. At the end of the day they would accept a sick line from a GP until Occ health assess you so this shouldnt be any different.

welsh - good luck for your GTT hun. Try drinking pepsi MAX instead of normal pepsi hun.

Lolly - :wohoo: so glad your test come back clear.. thats fantastic!

Izzy - its flying past isnt it!

I still cant get my stupid blood sugar numbers to be where they should be all of the time :dohh: So no doubt Tuesday i will be put on insulin.. although i dont mind so much because doubling the dose of my tablets is making me have stomach pains/diorrhea and leg cramps and dizzy spells. I officially hate metformin.

I Do normally drink pepsi max or sugar free drinks but we had picked up regular pepsi at the weekend. Hopefully by cutting that out I will be fine.
Quick question though, will they always induce if you have GD?

Anyone else not able to sleep lately or is it just me? I'm struggling to keep my eyes open this morning, roll on 1pm when Alex goes to his nannas so I can have a nap. Since lately Alex has seemed to have dropped his nap completely :-(

yeah they do hun. Iv been told 38 weeks since ill probably be on insulin. How far they let you go depends on how well your managing your blood sugars

I struggle some nights hun bt its not every night xx

Glad all was ok Lolly.
I am not taking RLT capsules this time due to previous quick labours, but after your post I am going to look into EPO as I tore with both girls.

Good luck with the GTT welshgirl.

Sorry for everyone having trouble at work, I went off sick then used holidays so I am on maternity now.

Tara, hopefully insulin will agree with you better xx

Thanks ladies :hugs: I'm really relieved. And yes - hopefully next big event is baby being born! Smooth sailing from here on out (wishful thinking I'm sure!).

My labours have been quick too Ab but I'm all for getting that pushing stage down to as short as possible, so risking it and taking them again! Might take a lower dosage then recommended though. Definitely give EPO a try :thumbup:

No advice INMT I'm afraid :hugs: has your doctor put it in writing? If so, I don't think legally they can go against doctors orders but if it's just your word then maybe your boss is being a dick and thinking he can push his luck.

Hopeful, she did what!? :saywhat: how dare she! Did she even check you were ok after your fall? What a cow!

I'm not sleeping great. Just uncomfortable, heartburn at bedtime is a bitch and of course the baby decides to come alive the moment I lie down!

Hey ladies-

sorry to hear about work issues- i have absolutely no advice on that, as i was planning on resigning anyway, and just had to move the date up when the doctor put me on bed rest (she simply wrote on a rx pad that I'm on bed rest until delivery, and I showed that to my supervisor).

I'm going totally crazy on bed rest- even though I've been sitting more than I've been told to, because it hurts to stay on my side all day and night! (and I can't lie on my back, because the baby causes whatever pressure that blocks blood flow to the heart- my chest starts pounding, and i get dizzy, and get a rush when I move around. also makes for an uncomfortable night's sleep!)
So- 2.5 days down, potentially 9.5 weeks to go. sigh.

I took the 24-hr urine protein test yesterday/today. it's easy- just unpleasant to collect all urine and store it in a jug in the fridge. very inconvenient- especially when you wake up in the middle of the night having to go! got a phone call back recently- apparently those results were fine- so it just looks like hypertension right now, and hopefully it won't turn into pre-e.

I'm hoping now that I'm not working (or doing anything really) my bp will stay lower (possibly wishful thinking) and some of these restrictions will be lifted... we'll see.

I have been given permission to go to an all-day birthing class at the hospital tomorrow though- cause if something happens I'll be in the right place. It'll be nice to spend all day out of the house!

sorry to rant. i haven't seen many people in the last 3 days. which really isn't that long, but it feels like forever because I know how long I still have..... :dohh:

Lolly- she actually never asked if we were ok. She's so stupid sometimes. Her boss (her administrator) came in to make sure we were okay and then checked on me throughout the day.
I was off today because My 2 year old had an allergist appointment and was supposed to be skin tested today (I actually planned to go in for a couple hours for a funeral, but changed my mind) the allergist prescribed a epi pen an scheduled treating in two weeks due to her last reaction being last week. In the meantime, no milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. It's been nice to spend a day with my princess. We went to he appointment, got lunch, went visiting some residents, and home for a nap.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Hope all you ladies are doing well! (work issues aside)

sc sorry to hear your finding the best rest really uncomfortable. are you be allowed to be propped up by pillows so your in a more upright position but not actually sitting?

im glad your urine test came back clear. Fx like you say now your not having to run round etc that your bp will come down slightly. :hugs:

hopeful - sorryto hear your little girl needs an epi pen :hugs: xx

I hope everyone is faring better than me with this pregnancy. My husband left me today, said he wanted a divorce. So now I have to figure out how to balance a two year old that I can barely handle, the house bills- which are behind and apparently it's my fault- and a new baby that we haven't prepared for. I don't think I can do it. Th two year old keeps asking if mommy is okay and where's daddy.

Hopeful, I am so sorry. :hugs: I wish I had great advise for you, but I will be praying for you and you know u can say anything here.

Wow hopeful that sucks!! I am so sorry to hear your husband has left you, I can't believe a man would do that with a child on the way!! Will be thinking of you, do you have family that can help out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->