*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Well I think my waters are leaking. I had gone for a wee before bed (Alex was sleeping on the sofa), I put him in bed and felt something and my pj bottoms were wet, felt totally different to wee. I put knickers and a pad on and went to bed, OH comes up and I turn over, I feel it again, go the toilet and pad is a tiny bit pinky tinged but clear when I wipe. Not long after I get up to go to the toilet again, I feel it again when I get up, this time the tissue is a bit pink too.
OH told me to go downstairs as I'm restless, catching up on corrie and more leakage! Eek!!!!

Sounds like it's the start of something! Very exciting...good luck Hun! X

Thank you. Going to tidy up Alex's toys that he left out, and I would clean the kitchen as can't sleep but it will probably wake OH and Alex up so going to try get some sleep in a bit. Update tomorrow.

So I rang the labour ward and they said to go in for 8am to get checked. Been having contractions since, don't think I will make it until 8am

Princess yeah we called her sophie in the end.
She gets weighed today so I can see whether I need to increase her feed or not. Had to order and electric pump, manuals are messy and time consuming and I need both hand to do it so can't even have a drink.
I weighed myself yesterday andnthat 4 days in hospital i lost half a stone. Iv been having real problems with my appetite since the day I had her, weighed on the 3rd and since then iv lost 23lb, obviously that includes baby, placenta, womb, fluids etc etc but I didn't intend on losing the rest so quick, id have thought my body wud need it for breastfeeding but I just don't fancy food at all and even when I do eat it's only cos I no I have to.

Looks like our house move might only be a few weeks away!! About time.

Welshgirl good luck I hope u have ur baby with u now and u have a quick and safe labour xx

Thanks ladies. Well my waters had gone but only 1-2 cm dilated so said I'm not in labour yet, walked around Asda, and had a few contractions. Had a nap with Alex for couple hours and no contractions that woke me up. Going for a walk with OH and the dog now see if that works.

Yay for house move. We moved when Alex was 4 weeks old!

Good luck Wish!

She gets weighed today so I can see whether I need to increase her feed or not. Had to order and electric pump, manuals are messy and time consuming and I need both hand to do it so can't even have a drink.
I weighed myself yesterday andnthat 4 days in hospital i lost half a stone. Iv been having real problems with my appetite since the day I had her, weighed on the 3rd and since then iv lost 23lb, obviously that includes baby, placenta, womb, fluids etc etc but I didn't intend on losing the rest so quick, id have thought my body wud need it for breastfeeding but I just don't fancy food at all and even when I do eat it's only cos I no I have to.

Welshgirl good luck I hope u have ur baby with u now and u have a quick and safe labour xx

I recommend the Spectra electric pump. The Medela pump in style's motor went bad for me within 3 months and doing a search on Amazon reviews showed it a common thing.

Also you can get a bra it allows you to pump both breasts at the same time hands free. amazon has a deal right now the spectra s2 pump and the bra for only $190. I have not tried the spectra pump yet but from reading the Amazon reviews it seems to be one of the better ones. I will be purchasing that pump and the hands free bra myself since the pump I have right now went bad.

Here's a link to the pump:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BLBLR1I?vs=1

Good luck welsh!! So jealous! Get to walking and do some squats mama!!

I tried everything in my power yesterday to naturally induce labour... I just ended up with worse prodromal labour last night... MUCH worse. It felt like when I went in to labour with my son. I had terrible contractions from 6pm-4am. I'm soooo tired and my stomach is sore :/ I feel so down cuz I can't just go in to labour myself.. I do not want that repeat c section...

Good luck welsh!! So jealous! Get to walking and do some squats mama!!

I tried everything in my power yesterday to naturally induce labour... I just ended up with worse prodromal labour last night... MUCH worse. It felt like when I went in to labour with my son. I had terrible contractions from 6pm-4am. I'm soooo tired and my stomach is sore :/ I feel so down cuz I can't just go in to labour myself.. I do not want that repeat c section...

:hugs: honey, I hope things get going for you soon. I'm sure you've mentioned it already, but what's the date of your section? I see you're at 37 weeks so is there any way they'll let you go till 40 weeks before booking you in? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to go naturally! Xxx

I hope the walking helped kick start things again Welshgirl! X

INMT the electric pump is SO much better than the manual! It took me half the time to pump the same amount once I got an electric one. I hope it makes your life easier too! Take care of yourself too...you gotta eat to keep your strength up :hugs:

As for me: I was at the midwife today. She said baby's head isn't quite engaged yet, but said that that doesn't indicate anything as with 2nd (and subsequent) babies they quite often don't engage until right before labour :shrug: She also had a bit of trouble measuring fundal height as apparently my uterus is very tight and my stomach muscles are too good hahaha! I find that very hard to believe! Anyways, I don't think I'm going to give birth anytime soon! I'm still 10 days off due date though so I'll just be patient!

The c section is a week and 4 days away and they told me I couldn't re schedule :'( I don't really care that I'm uncomfortable so much anymore... I just want to deliver vaginally. It's safer than a repeat and I want to have the experience. I feel like it'll never happen before the section date...

I didnt know that about 2nd babies! Makes me feel a bit better that my ob told me Monday my cervix was still posterior. Looks like we are both playin the waiting game!

Got date for induction 29th Jan, my due date. Was hoping for a little earlier as so fed up with the waiting. However head is engaged and low so there is a possibility I might go early naturally.

Good luck Wish!

I recommend the Spectra electric pump. The Medela pump in style's motor went bad for me within 3 months and doing a search on Amazon reviews showed it a common thing.

Also you can get a bra it allows you to pump both breasts at the same time hands free. amazon has a deal right now the spectra s2 pump and the bra for only $190. I have not tried the spectra pump yet but from reading the Amazon reviews it seems to be one of the better ones. I will be purchasing that pump and the hands free bra myself since the pump I have right now went bad.

You can also take an old bra and snip a couple holes in the cups. That's what I did. Works great!

Good luck Wish!

You can also take an old bra and snip a couple holes in the cups. That's what I did. Works great!

I thought of that but for me I don't have any old bras that fit anymore :(.

The c section is a week and 4 days away and they told me I couldn't re schedule :'( I don't really care that I'm uncomfortable so much anymore... I just want to deliver vaginally. It's safer than a repeat and I want to have the experience. I feel like it'll never happen before the section date...

I didnt know that about 2nd babies! Makes me feel a bit better that my ob told me Monday my cervix was still posterior. Looks like we are both playin the waiting game!

That's tough honey, sorry to hear they won't give you a bit more time. I really hope you get your VBAC :hugs: Hopefully it's true about the babies head engagement. I confess to googling it and it does come up a few times!

Got date for induction 29th Jan, my due date. Was hoping for a little earlier as so fed up with the waiting. However head is engaged and low so there is a possibility I might go early naturally.

Fingers crossed baby will be ready to go before the 29th!

Thanks buddy! I google everything when I'm pregnant lol! Especially once labour time comes around... Anyway I'll be fine even if she comes a day before her section date. I just want her to come out safe and natural! :( my section experience was so bad last time with my son.... I'll be so upset if I have to do it again

Thanks for all the advice regarding the pump, I bought a dual electric one off eBay, can't remember the name but good reviews, I will bare in mind about the old bra thing too not a bad idea.
Midwife weighed sophie n she's lost a little bit, she told me not to do the set amount in the bottle just put around 100ml in it and let her drink what she wants and aim to have some left in the bottle so we know she's full, I was reluctant to put so much in because she loves to suck so thought she might just keep going because it's comforting n she does, i put 7080ml.in n she had it all n then sicked some bk up which I no is normal but i don't want her choking while she's laid down after her night feeds which r the main ones bottled, I try and breastfeed any other time unless the time between feeds is getting too short n the length of feeding is too short.
The midwife asked if my appetite was ok n i told her it wasn't n said Im not really eating much, don't fancy anything and don't feel hungry etc etc n she put 'ok' in the appetite box for me, I no its not a massive deal but if it doesn't improve someone will look at that and say why didn't u tell them before.

Good luck to the ladies being induced.

Sethsmummy how is ur little boy doing Now?
Welshgirl any baby news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->