*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I lost my appetite when in hospital with Elijah. My husband and the nurses had to make me eat. I think it's down to the worry etc. Just try and eat little and often if you can't manage a full meal. My appetite came back once I was home and we were settled back in.

My appetite hasn't been right since the day I had her, yesterday I ate a yoghurt, a few biscuits, a sandwich and then probably ate a quarter of my tea, not drinking enough either, I used to drink litres and litres of dilute but I keep forgetting to do that as well.
Going for my belated birthday meal today after the health visitor has been.

Sophie did a 15 min feed today (do a little dance) then sicked some over her freshly washed blanket (stops dancing) if she has bigger feeds she sicks some

Scarlett Louise was born 16th jan, 12am on the dot weighing 5lb 8oz.
Went in at 10pm, they did my obs and hooked me up to the monitor, they left me on for ages and disappeared for ages, they were waiting for the doctor to come out of surgery to prescribe the pessary. Well she checked me at must of been around 11.15 and i was 7cm from 10pm my contractions had really come on. They wheeled me in a chair to labour ward. Had to pee, back to bed, back to the loo where i sat for couple minutes, then I needed to push, almost gave birth on the bathroom floor!!!! Mw wouldn't let me be on all fours and it seriously hurt lol but so so worth it.
Here is my little princess

https://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg600/Alexs_Mummy/20150116_094523_zps6c82cd86.jpg

Why wouldn't she let you be on all fours? It's the most natural position for birth?

She's precious welsh!!! Congrats on a smooth delivery and a healthy baby girl!!

That is odd about not letting you be on all fours- I'm going to ask for that or a birthing chair!! No way am I gonna tear and make it harder just because it'll be easier for my dr :p

Thank you.

I don't know, they wanted to put the monitors back on me, I was on all fours when I got on the bed and she basically forced me on my back to try get the monitors on. Pointless as she was here less than 5minutes after that. I didn't tear thank god but being on all fours helped loads more when I had Alex.

She's taking to breastfeeding but not sure how long I plan on carrying it on with having Alex at home, guess we will take it day by day. She didn't respond to her hearing test so got to attend another next week, they said as she was only a few hours old that it could be down to too much fluid in her ears still, I guess we shall see.

I can't believe how quick it was all over though, I still expect to feel her move in my tummy lol.
Alex has met her, she was feeding at the time but he didn't seem to mind, he seems smitten with her. Can't wait to get home tomorrow.

That makes me so cross, you can be monitored in any position if they can be bothered to do their job. It's such a shame because some midwives are fantastic and others just so crap :(

I'm sure all will be fine with the hearing test! I have heard that happens a lot!
Ugh she's so pretty! I just wanna eat her up 8D wish my girly would come out already- this makes me want to see her tons more!! All the baby girl pics coming thru makes it harder every day <\3

Glad you didn't tear! I hope to have the same luck :p

Congratulations! That's shit about not being allowed. Mine told me to be on my knees over the back of the bed and it was so much easier and quicker than Tristans birth when I was on my back!!

Awww congrats welsh she is adorable.

Less than 2 weeks to go for me now, I have given up hope that she will choose to come earlier. Can't wait to be able to get comfortable in bed again!!

Congratulations Welsh, she probably still had gunky ears so the test wasn't accurate, they shud really do it the next day I think, causes unnecessary stress. Strange she wudnt let ur in the position u wanted. I said I didn't want to labour or birth on my back but when it came to it that's the only position I cud imagine being in, don't no why it just felt the only natural position for me, screwed my body up though.

One week and 3 days here! But it feels like forever, doesn't it??

I'm getting a bit nervous now as I am still wondering the exact dynamics of how I will handle 2 babies alone o_o oi!!!

Thanks everyone.
Brunette - that's how i gave birth to Alex and found it didn't hurt half as much. She was here before they could even get the monitors on anyway.

INMT - ah see, it didnt seem natural to me to be on my back but at 10pm when I went in I wasn't classed as in labour.

Oh goodness im not going to sleep tonight theres a heavy snorer lol

Huge congratulations Welsh! She's absolutely gorgeous x Hope you manage to get a bit of sleep, between baby and the snorer!

I only slept an hour in hospital the night I had her, there was a snorer and someone who just kept doing shhh shhh shh all night to her baby even though she wasn't crying and then obviously I had the days events to process and just kept staring at this thing that looked far too big to have been inside me only hours before but yet far too small and fragile to be in the world.
I hope u manage to get some sleep though, I think I was running on adrenaline for the next few days too.

I have a very restless and hungry baby tonight, I'm hoping she's having a bit of a growth spurt and will be above her birth weight Monday and not just being a needy baby, obviously we spoilt her with cuddles and barely being put down while she was in hospital and she is almost impossible to stop cuddling but I'm trying to avoid having a clingy baby when she's older. She also does a lot of sucking for pleasure and comfort, she will suck anything, fist, thumb, fingers, blanket, top, she even had a go on my nose and got a good latch on my chin earlier lol, we've decided to give her a dummy to help settle her and because we can limit dummy time by taking it off her and get her off it when she's older but with fists and thumbs it's obviously impossible n I don't want her to be like my neighbours daughter who is 8 and still sucking her fingers to the point her finger is now starting to bend out slightly because she puts index and thumb in together, surely can't be good for her teeth either. Anyway she keeps dropping the dummy and getting upset when she can't find it or get her fists in her mouth, so it looks like another night of minimal sleep here.

Be careful about offering a dummy so early. It's recommended to wait 4-6 weeks when breastfeeding.

You really can't spoil a baby, honestly, she's just spent 9 months in your belly, she needs you to feel safe. I cuddle Elijah all the time but he still goes to bed ok etc.

The health visitor sort of agreed with me about the dummy, she's not getting any nipple confusion with bottle n breast so doesn't think she will with dummy either, most of the time it's the only way to settle her unless she finds her thumb n by that time she's got herself really worked up and forgets the are attached to her and won't stay in her mouth when she takes it away lol. Without a dummy I think i wud have a very upset baby a lot of the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->