*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Does the hospital not have a pump u can use? Ours has awesome ones to use while ur in, and can rent them if u want. Not sure where u are though.

Does the hospital not have a pump u can use? Ours has awesome ones to use while ur in, and can rent them if u want. Not sure where u are though.

I think they do, I would have to rent it though and don't remember the prices they had said. The current nurse on shift came in and helped me latch him properly and it made such a difference, still hurt as I'm scabbed up from before but it's a start, he was definitly getting something too and I no longer feel like I have rocks on my chest... My only problem now is I can't get him to latch properly myself and I don't want to spend a long time tying as right now the best thing for him is to be under the lights as much as possible and doing both breast and bottle in a feed doubles the time it takes. In the mean time I think I'll continue trying to hand express and using hot cloths and showers to try and keep production up.

I have to give top ups to my baby boy as he wasn't gaining weight. It seems to settle him abit better sometimes. I always offer expressed breast milk then formula if he still seems hungry. Xxxx

I know it might be different where you are kailetski, but there was a breastfeeding advisor here, who I met through the MW's who were helping me on the ward, who helped me get started with latching etc. She also was able to lend me an electric pump for free. It might be worth asking if there's such a service available where you live, as there are tons of initiatives out there to encourage BF...but you have to go digging for them a bit!

So ladies, (TMI alert!) I've had my bloody show :happydance: I've been cramping and experiencing decent back ache since, as well as a few nice surges! Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that this is finally it!

I've been hand expressing after the last few feeds since I seem very engorged now, I get a ton from the side that hurts more and next to nothing from the other... Last night I started thinking about just letting myself dry up as the pain is bad and I figured it's going to have to happen sometime and maybe it will be less painful now than if I wait and keep trying and have more production going on? Any tips on the fastest and least painful ways to dry up if I do go that route?

Congrats Kailetski & 5_year_plan:)

Good luck PM & Buddy! Hope things go smoothly for you both!

As for me- I'm really enjoying my girls! I felt a bit emotional 2 days ago(thought it was the blues) but feeling great the next day & the next. I hope I don't experience it again!

How is everyone getting on with their new arrivals?

Good luck ladies!! Can't wait to see babies!!

Who else is still pregnant? I hope I am not the only one! One week till my section date. No sign of her coming earlier at this stage.

I'm still pregnant waiting2c!!I don't think this one is ever coming out lol!! ;) x

Yay we can keep each other company of the waiting for labour or scheduled day front!!

Love seeing all the new babies too, hope all is going well buddy and pm!!!

Thanks waiting 2c, I have an appointment with the consultant on 2nd Feb if no baby still (emcswith my first, successful vbac with second). So you may be cuddling your baby way before me!! Xx

Baby Ara Irene was born today, 01/20/15 at 12:38 PM via a successful vbac!! :happydance:

7.13ibs and 21 inches :flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations pm!! She is gorgeous! Well done and so glad you got the delivery you wanted!

Congratulations PM. She is gorgeous. Glad you got your vbac xx

Baby Ara Irene was born today, 01/20/15 at 12:38 PM via a successful vbac!! :happydance:

7.13ibs and 21 inches :flower:

Congratulations PM! So happy for you, and that you got the vbac you dreamed of x Ara is beautiful! Xxx

Baby Adam arrived yesterday afternoon. Birth was fast (1 hour 56 mins from start to finish!), but the hypnobirthing helped immensely at keeping me calm and in charge. We were discharged last night and Adam is feeding like a champ! Bliss! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->