*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Thanks everyone.*We ended up getting sent home with antibiotics and paracetamol. I'm in two minds how to feel about it. We were seen by eight different doctors all together, the first four sent us to my local hospital where the next three said it needed to be done at the children's hospital two hours away, they were really concerned about him, there was even talk of getting an ambulance for Him As he was so clearly in pain and screaming so much. When we got to the childrens hospital he was seen by another doctor who said he needed the surgery, then right at the last moment one doctor said he didn't need it and just gave him antibiotics and paracetamol. I am happy that he didn't need it but now have him screaming in pain So much and I feel awful and i wasn't allowed to feed him whilst we were preparing for him to go down which was horrible as he was so hungry! Got a phone call this morning saying we have to go back on Monday and I'm not allowed to feed him all morning because he will probably still need the procedure under a General so it all seems like a waste yesterday, why not just do it then and there like first planned.*So upset that this decision was made by someone who only looked at his notes and not even at him and we still may have to have the procedure on Monday. I'm in half a mind to try and contact one of the doctors from the first Hospital Who wanted it done straight away

0203- having them not eating and screaming in discomfort is the worst. I remember it well :( for breast milk it has to be 6 hours before the procedure and formula is 8 hours. You will get thru it! So sorry he's in so much pain :( that poor little guy. Lets hope that medicine kicks in for him ASAP!

0203 I hope ur little one is ok, it's not nice being passed around, hope the procedure goes well keep us updated.

Pix I had never even heard of lip tie before, I'd heard of tongue tie and while trying to figure out what was wrong with her (I just knew something wasn't right but didn't no what) I scan read about tongue tie and quickly decided it wasn't that but then spotted a picture of lip tie and then when I was searching her mouth for something else I thought I'd look at her lip. The Dr wasn't at all interested but luckily hv knows more about it than drs. Il wait to see tomorrow what the breastfeeding woman says. I don't think it's severe but it's definitely causing issues. I think it's not something that's well known about, everyone has heard of tongue tie but not upper lip tie so ppl don't think to look for it

It isn't. It used to be more well known and a common practice to cut it at birth. Idk why it isn't anymore. His wraps around to the bottom of his gums.. Checked the older two and they have it as well. Oddly enough I breast fed both and only had an issue with my oldest. Crazy tho!

0230 I wish you the very best of luck!! Take a breath, you've got this.

0203 that's an ordeal that u went thru I hope he's ok

Pix I saw someone today and she said that sophie has both tongue and lip tie, I have a choice of which hospital i want to go to so need to look these up and chose one. Apparently though not many places snip the lip and I'm sure the lip is more of an issue than the tongue

Pix I saw someone today and she said that sophie has both tongue and lip tie, I have a choice of which hospital i want to go to so need to look these up and chose one. Apparently though not many places snip the lip and I'm sure the lip is more of an issue than the tongue

Oh wow!! Let me know how you make out!!

Sorry to hear! I hope you have good results at the hospital!

How are all you mommas doing? My LO slept a 4 hour stretch last night from 12:50 - 5:10. It was nice!

Yesterday morning/day was a disaster for me. I woke up at 7am freezing cold with a bad case of the chills. Took my temperature and it was well over 100! Took Tylenol and the fever went down a bit. By 1pm my whole body was aching and I could hardly walk. Took more Tylenol but my fever kept going to to almost 102. My mom came straight over to take care of the LO until my husband got home from work. I felt terrible all evening, but the worst was not being able to care for my LO, at least he was with his daddy. I was very worried that I was getting an internal infection from my c-section. Anyways, I woke up this morning around 5 and my soreness and fever are gone...

Has anyone who had a c-section gotten an infection? How long after your section did it develop? Is it possible to develop an infection one month after?

Hi Ladies:flower:

I haven't started a journal yet,but wanted to update with a pic.
Here are my girls, they are growing so fast!

Hope you ladies are doing okay.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1423313597788.jpg
    FB_IMG_1423313597788.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6
Wildchic they r lovely, they do grow so fast, sophie is getting a plump face now n looks so different.

Wifey I hope u r feeling better now.

Sophie is getting awful trapped wind, trying infacol but not sure it's helping that much, it helps her get one lot of wind up but the rest stays down and she screams about 2 hours later then farts n is happier agai. Quick question, I no breastfed babies have looser poos but sophie does these mega wet farts and they saturate her nappy and sometimes it leaks, should it be this runny?

Ladies, I'm on an antibiotic for possible infection of the uterus lining. If fever persists I have to go straight to the ER for IV. I feel totally better now though.

Wildchic they are so cute.

INMT that sounds normal to me :)

Wifey glad you are feeling better!

Well at 3 weeks post partum I passed a huge chunk of placenta so that was fun... And may explain why I've been in so much pain cramping, in tears and always freezing and burning up?
Finally got Kaiden's newborn shoot done, we have another with someone else to book too as I had already paid for it and then won the other in a contest. Here's one of the photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
Well at 3 weeks post partum I passed a huge chunk of placenta so that was fun... And may explain why I've been in so much pain cramping, in tears and always freezing and burning up?
Finally got Kaiden's newborn shoot done, we have another with someone else to book too as I had already paid for it and then won the other in a contest. Here's one of the photos.

Are you feeling better since the placenta passed? I hope so! Did they put you on antibiotics?

And, what a cute photo!!

Wifey I hope ur feeling better and the fever goes, can't imagine having to go into hospital and leave my baby at home so I hope it doesn't come to that for u.

Thanks brunette, I thought it was normal but just wanted to double check, the colour and everything is fine so I wasn't concerned just wanted to check it wasn't diarrhea But as she was having wet nappies too I wasn't concerned about dehydration.

Ya feeling a bit better and most of my bleeding has stopped too, no antibiotics, they just said if I pass any more or show any signs of infection to go in.

Got a couple of pictures, what do u think??

INMT- I just looked at one of my girls upper lip & noticed hers looks the same. What I'm worried about is that the she also has tongue tie as well. Doc did say he would keep an eye on her tongue as she grows coz I had tongue tie as a baby but it corrected itself and I don't have any speech problems.

Do any of you ladies know how these issues are corrected? I've heard that tongue ties get slit? Shame man, they so tiny!

My other little girl doesn't seem to have this issues.

Very Pretty Kailetski!

Wildchic, see ur health visitor, drs don't no much about any of this, with lip tie the babies generally have posterior tongue tie which can't be seen and even though like sophie they have a good range of movement and can move the tip of the tongue well it can still affect feeding and speech.
Don't worry about pain when getting it released so I'm told they don't feel anything and it's more that they don't like someone messing with them that makes them cry.
I'm told that not many snip the lip but I no its causing issues with feeding as she can't get a proper seal due to not flaring her lip out. It can cause speech problems but might not, it can cause a gap in their teeth but again might not. I'm more focused on now n that it's causing problems feeding and giving her awful wind pain and reflux.

Got to take sophie to the drs tomorrow again, it looks like she has oral thrush n I'm getting shooting pains in my boobs so assuming iv also got it. Poor baby hasn't had an easy start to life but it could be worse

Wildchic, see ur health visitor, drs don't no much about any of this, with lip tie the babies generally have posterior tongue tie which can't be seen and even though like sophie they have a good range of movement and can move the tip of the tongue well it can still affect feeding and speech.
Don't worry about pain when getting it released so I'm told they don't feel anything and it's more that they don't like someone messing with them that makes them cry.
I'm told that not many snip the lip but I no its causing issues with feeding as she can't get a proper seal due to not flaring her lip out. It can cause speech problems but might not, it can cause a gap in their teeth but again might not. I'm more focused on now n that it's causing problems feeding and giving her awful wind pain and reflux.

Got to take sophie to the drs tomorrow again, it looks like she has oral thrush n I'm getting shooting pains in my boobs so assuming iv also got it. Poor baby hasn't had an easy start to life but it could be worse

My girl doesn't actually have problems feeding,but I'll bring it up at my next visit. I do know that she has the tongue tie though as its so obvious.

Funny you mention shooting pains in your breasts, I've been having them here and there,but not too painful. Thought it can be a wind in the boob.

Hope Sophie gets better(the thrush) and just on the whole!

Does she get any reflux or wind pains? They can be caused by the lip tie too, if it isn't causing any issues I would personally leave it and see if it becomes an issue later.

Maybe that's what's causing the pains I dunno I just assumed that if she has thrush it wud be that but I could well be wrong, I'm just winging this parenting lark lol.
I'm currently stuck on the sofa with a gassy baby sleeping on her tummy across my legs n I can't move because she starts crying immediately and will only settle again when I rub her back. The longer she cries the longer it takes to settle her. Could do with a snooze or something to do lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->