*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Should have the results of my ultrasound either tomorrow or Tuesday, I'm hoping all is well as I really don't want to have a D&C, they ended up doing both an external and internal and it honestly wasn't as painful as I thought it would be for being 4 weeks post-partum but it wasn't all that pleasant either!

Has anyone heard from lolly lately? I haven't seen her post anywhere in quite sometime, I hope everything is alright?

Hang in there hopeful, keep with the hand expressing and u will get more eventually, probably didn't get much because lo hhad just fed for so long x

Hey ladies, sorry to hear some of you struggling with feeding etc, it definitely is hard work getting things established!

Hazel is a pretty good baby but still has day and night around the wrong way, sleeps well all day but wants to party it up at night. Never get to bed before midnight 1am these days. Tried waking her earlier in the evening etc to ensure fed well before going down but she still wakes up half hourly from 9pm onwards.

Devon doesn't like his sister, his face falls and he starts sobbing every time he sees me with her, breaks my heart, can't explain it to him but really hope it passes soon!!

Hope everyone is feeling well and that all babies are over there sicknesses.

Aawww I'm sorry Devon is upset about Hazel just now. Hopefully he will get used to her soon.

I was thinking we hadn't heard from lolly for a while too. Hope she is okay.

Xx

Ultrasound results came back clear yet I still have some pain, but I've noticed it's more so after eating so may have nothing to do with it?
Kaiden had his 1 month appointment yesterday and he's now 9 pounds 9 ounces and 22 inches, when he was born he was 7 pounds 3 ounces 20 inches so he's definitely growing, went from around the 10th percentile to 50 according to the paper the doctor gave us and said he's right on track!

Ultrasound results came back clear yet I still have some pain, but I've noticed it's more so after eating so may have nothing to do with it?
Kaiden had his 1 month appointment yesterday and he's now 9 pounds 9 ounces and 22 inches, when he was born he was 7 pounds 3 ounces 20 inches so he's definitely growing, went from around the 10th percentile to 50 according to the paper the doctor gave us and said he's right on track!

Good news results clear. Great to hear Kaiden doing well. I love to see how Emily is progressing, but fear becoming a baby bore with the three bs - boobs, bums and bedtimes!

Sophie is now on ranitidine, she has her tongue tie appointment at the beginning of March, iv also bought some gripe water but waiting to see if the ranitidine helps first, she still vomits but not as much but she still obviously gets wind pain. Think i need to trial different combinations of stuff n see. She had a really good gain last week now 7lb 12oz and got to get her weighed later today to make sure she's still gaining well. She's finally out of her smallest tiny baby clothes (the sizes of them r rubbish!!) got nearly 7 weeks of wear out of clothes I thought she would be in for a couple of weeks so can't complain there lol, she's still in the medium size tiny baby clothes and then got the first size to get through before we even get to 0-3 months hopefully she will be in them before she gets to 3 months. She's starting to get a chubbier face now so can see her growing. It's very strange to think that my daughter is almost 7 weeks old and she still isn't as big as my niece or 2 nephews were at birth (9lb 4 for 2 of them and 10lb 1)

I think I have the dreaded stomach virus.... ugh I feel awful. Hopefully nobody else will get it

I switched out my pumping this past week with breastfeeding and went to pump today, my supply has dropped from 3-4oz to 1 oz total. I'm so mad at myself, I should have kept up with the pumping, I'm afraid I may never get my supply back up, especially not up enough to breastfeed exclusively.

Also last night I was in so much pain, I felt like I was in labour all over again, had the same pressure as having to push the baby out, pain around the ovaries & public bone area, I was in tears, I couldn't walk, lay down, stand up straight... The only thing that helped was leaning forward a bit while standing, only difference is that there wasn't any contractions. I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was the mucus / snot / mucus plug like stuff (which I've had every time I've wiped for at least a week or two now) but there was bright red blood in it again, it had finally gone to brown / clear for the last week so I don't know if this is my period coming back. Already or if I should be concerned again?

Learn to hand express, it's the best thing I ever learnt to do, i get a good amount by hand but not by pumping

She wouldn't stop nursing, so after 2 hours I got her a expressed bottle and then pumped a while. I don't want to give her formula if I can help it. I just get frustrated when I do everything suggested and it doesn't seem like my supply is increasing. I'm thinking of renting a better pump. I have a pump in style.

How long are u pumping for during a session?

I pump for 20-30 minutes each session. I power pump for an hour three days a week.

Sorry you're still having some issues with bleeding Kailetski. Can you call the Dr again about the pain? I hope it gets better for you really soon x

Hopeful: I'm not sure if this is any comfort to you, but my baby boy feeds for hours at a time too. He tends to have a 3 hour cluster feed from about 7 onwards, but theres been loads of nights when he's also fed almost non stop through the night too. It's exhausting! I just remind myself that it won't be like this forever, and really, this is the hardest bit in terms of breastfeeding. Give it another couple of weeks and it'll get way easier! X

Buddy, that's how I'm thinking too. Trying to persevere is really hard, especially on minimal sleep. Hoping when it gets easier I will be able to look back and say it was worth the sleepless nights. Have been going 5 weeks now and looking forward to this magic easier time!

I had a feeling you'd be up too Izzie! The easier time feels like myth right now (especially at 5am and functioning on 1 hour sleep!). I keep thinking how good it felt when, out of nowhere, my eldest suddenly went 7 hours between feeds when he was about 8 weeks. I then blindly hope this one will do the same!

I had a feeling you'd be up too Izzie! The easier time feels like myth right now (especially at 5am and functioning on 1 hour sleep!). I keep thinking how good it felt when, out of nowhere, my eldest suddenly went 7 hours between feeds when he was about 8 weeks. I then blindly hope this one will do the same!

Yep! You are not alone. Been more or less awake since 3 am feeding! Tonight I may tune into the Oscars for the first time ever! But if she does decide to sleep, then so will I!

It's getting some better this last week. I had a stomach virus yesterday, woke up late last night to the toddler puking in my bed, and now she has a fever even though she's been fine all day...

Yep! You are not alone. Been more or less awake since 3 am feeding! Tonight I may tune into the Oscars for the first time ever! But if she does decide to sleep, then so will I!

I totally forgot about the Oscars! I would've totally watched it! I've got a wee set up beside the bed, with my nursing chair, pillows, warm blanket, water and the iPad with Netflix on constantly! It doesn't make it enjoyable being awake all night, but it makes it a bit more bareable.

It's getting some better this last week. I had a stomach virus yesterday, woke up late last night to the toddler puking in my bed, and now she has a fever even though she's been fine all day...

I'm glad it's getting a bit better for you with the BF. So sorry you and your LO are feeling rotten though; there's nothing worse than your child being unwell, especially off the back of newborn tiredness. Sending hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->