*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Taking sophie to get weighed Tuesday, I'm certain there's something more happening than reflux and the tongue tie, she seems in so much pain sometimes, she's always congested and sometimes a bit wheezy and she has mucusy poos that are always extremely runny. All of which I believe points to a food intolerance but the Dr just shrugged it off when I asked at her check up and said there's no way of knowing. I've now stopped giving her bottles of expressed milk because they were generally all hind milk as I expressed after feeding so even if she did have an intolerance and she wasn't absorbing everything the fact that she was having 3 to 4oz of just hind milk would still mean she would gain weight and therefore no one would spot an issue, I don't want to have to rely on expressed milk to help her keep her weight gain going, I'm still expressing but freezing it So it's there if needed and so my supply doesn't go down particularly with the tongue tie. I just feel that by me expressing and giving her bottles as well as breastfeeding it's giving everyone a false sense of everything being all fine and I'm convinced there's something there but obviously I might just be being a a paranoid first timer

Definitely take her back and kick off till they listen to you hun! The mucous in the poo means either dairy intollerance or cows milk protein intollerance :hugs: xx

Is the mucous in the poo a slimy stretchy texture? Reason I ask is one of my girls poo has this,although its yellow with a seed like thing too. I only see their doctor end March and will ask then, but it wasn't always this way.

it is hun. its usually a greeny colour BUT Rohan having the exact same thing (minus the seedy, his is really wattery). im taking him on monday to get checked out xx

Yeah it's slimy and stringy, kind of similar to ewcm but obviously a different colour I'm not concerned about the colour as I no bf baby poo can be green or yellow so that's fine but it's the mucus and she doesn't get the consistency that they say is normal. Every morning she seems in pain and I'm wondering if it's because the concentration of milk protein in my milk is higher as she's been longer, it's generally 2 or 3 hours after the first feed. I don't no if it's even possible for the concentration to increase like that just by going longer but it's the only thing in can think of that's different from the day.
Il speak to the health visitor that weighs her Tuesday because everytime I go to the drs about something they just treat me like a neurotic first time mum unless I say the health visitor says..... With the tongue tie they shrugged it off as insignificant but it wasn't yet when I went about the reflux because a health visitor had said to go they gave her medication

No but she's always congested and sneezes, been the same since birth, when she pukes it's sometimes quite slimy too.
She just filled her nappy n it was so runny it ran up the back of her nappy and soaked thru her baby grow and romper suit

We took Elijah the other week to the Doctors. He had a viral infection and was quite snuffly. His nappy had mucus in it and a tiny bit of blood. The Doctor said mucus is normal when they are snuffly.

But the mucus is something iv only recently noticed and she's always been snuffly, we even gave her the nickname snuffles at birth lol. I hope I am being a neurotic first time mum and nothing is wrong but iv thought for weeks now that something is, I thought she had reflux and does, i thought she was tongue tied and is and I think she has a food intolerance of some sort but hope I'm wrong, we've had enough trouble breastfeeding without me having to go on an elimination diet,
Also I think even though she had her tongue snipped she might still be tied, I think after the snip because of the blood and her screaming they just couldn't see anymore but her tongue shape hasn't changed and feeding all still the same and when she tries to.follow my finger across her gum line her tongue twists so there must still be some restriction there

Hello ladies! :wave:

I hope you all are doing great!

Hey mama's! How is everyone doing?

lo has a weigh in next Monday! I can't wait to see how big he's getting! He was 10lb 4oz at 6 weeks!!

Suffering a bit with PPA & PPOCD. Hoping it relieves itself with diet and exercise. Going to give myself another week before I give in and go to the Dr for meds. Not entirely sure what's out there for breastfeeding moms. Seems to be worse than its been in a while and yet I can see it happening as it unfolds. Anyone else?

We have our 8 week jabs on Thursday. How did your LOs react? I'm a little concerned about the rotavirus drops as I've heard about side effects.

Hi Kiwi how's little one doing now?
Pix I hope u start feeling better soon
Izzie sophie didn't have any reaction to to drops, she loved it as well drank it down like it was milk lol. She was fine after jabs too

ever since rohans one hes had diarrhoea.. iv read a lot where its caused a secondary lactose intollerance and i think this may be whats happened with Rohan. Ive got him trying lactose free milk.

Izzie I declined the rotavirus one.
Elijah wasn't too bad with his jabs, we had some screaming that evening but he was fine after some Calpol.

I declined rota virus one too.

I used to put socks on the girls hands to keep them warm at night when they were babies xx

Lou had his 8 week shots yesterday. It broke my heart! We decided to go through with all the vaccinations. He was a bit cranky last night but has still slept well - it's 4:10am right now and we put him down for the night at 8:00pm! I keep touching him to make sure he hasn't gotten a fever and he still feels ok. His dr gave us some infant Tylenol incase he is in pain or gets a fever. I'm just going to give him extra cuddles tomorrow. I'm glad DH took off work to come to the appointment because I dong know how I would have done on my own.

In other good news it's finally warmed up here so the past three days we've been able to get out for walks (albeit very bundled walks). Being outside is the best! I can't wait for real spring weather so we can be outside all the time!

I did 5 miles walk yesterday and I feel crippled :-( I don't think my spd has completely gone I was almost dragging my right leg by the time I got home

Vaccinations on Monday for us! I'm actually thrilled about the rotavirus vaccine. Especially because both my older 2 spent a few days in the hospital due to it. I am otherwise nervous for vaccines. They always do until a week has passed.

How long does it take for things to go bk to 'normal' down there? I still look like iv jut given birth n when I had a bowel movement today I had blood, but it was bright red so obviously fresh n not something to worry about
I certainly didn't expect my bits to be like they were but I thought they might be almost normal by now (obviously I'm aware things will never quite be the same again)

Did you have stitches? Mine are back to normal now but I didn't have stitches this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->